bravozulu14

Smart Gun law kicks in now?

Guys, let me be the odd man out, let him sell the damn smart gun. It is not his fault that we have criminal politicians. We should not be stifling the sale of certain firearms (no matter how stupid) because our corrupt politicians decided to enact legislation that will honestly not survive scrutiny from SCOTUS.

Like I said to Andy,

"Batteries can and do die! Electronic components can and do fail! I don't like wearing the same watch everyday!!!"

First of all, with the limitations of technology today, Smart guns are a STUPID idea!

Second, who are we to say what SCOTUS will like or dislike!

Third,  If I owned a gun business, I sure as hell would not be the first to sell this unproven crap!

Fourth and most importantly,  How hard is it for the Feds or even criminals to find a way to jam the signal from the watch so that

the gun becomes utterly useless???  You might use it as a weight to bash the guy in the head or throw it at him just before he shoots you

with his illegal DUMB gun!!! You Lose!!!!!!

Its not just a NJ thing. You are getting a snowball started down a mountain. Is gonna get bigger and will go beyond NJ. Why start it at all if it can be stopped?

How quickly we forget http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/12/holder-floats-taxpayer-funded-smart-gun-research/

Holder floats taxpayer-funded “Smart” gun research
10:49 AM 04/12/2014

PinExt.png
email2.gif
print2.gif

This week, Attorney General Eric Holder testified on Capitol Hill that what America needs at this pivotal moment in its history is to spend $2 million for “smart” gun technology, as part of a $382 million expenditure on what the Obama administration calls “gun safety.”

Translation: Federal “universal” background checks, “assault weapon,” and “large” magazine legislation was defeated in the Senate and not voted upon in the House of Representatives last year, and gun control supporters need something else to talk about.

During his testimony, Holder voiced support for devices that would prevent firearms from being used by anyone other than their lawful owners. A common hypothetical along those lines would be to rig a firearm so that it could not fire unless it received an electronic signal from an electronic bracelet worn by the firearm’s lawful owner.

Some commentators concluded that Holder endorsed “gun tracking” technology.  Whether or not he specifically had that in mind, it does serve to raise questions about where such technology could lead or, more to the point, where gun control supporters would want it to lead.

Just as gun control supporters embrace “universal” background checks as a step toward a universal registry of firearms and their owners, they surely support “smart” gun technology on the basis that it could be used to disable firearms entirely.

Put simply, if a device, such as a bracelet, could turn a firearm “on” via an electronic signal, another device could send an electronic signal that turns firearms “off.”  Such technology is already in use in automobiles, for example, to help motorists locked out of their cars and to track and disable vehicles taken by thieves.  There are surely those who would be happy to adapt this technology to firearms, and to legally mandate its use, fundamental human liberties be damned.

As the rate of technological development accelerates, the challenge to defending our rights will become more varied and complex. Gun owners should remain educated and informed, and understand that while some technologies offer the promise of convenience and safety, they may also create new avenues of abuse and restriction.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/12/holder-floats-taxpayer-funded-smart-gun-research/#ixzz30WXgeiHB

It sounds like he got duped by Armatix.  He sounds frustrated and angry not just about this situation but about his business' situation.  Engage was a pretty well known shop in MD and seemed like an up and comer.  They got hit really hard the AWB that went into effect in October.  I'd be frustrated too if my own business were hurting that badly because of something outside of my control.

His video was interesting, specially the part where he implores us to shoot the politicians.

To his credit, he did say "I apologize to you folks from NJ, you don't have anything to worry about from me"

looks like a pretty nice shop.  i agree with him that people should be able to choose a gimmick gun if they want to.  but the problem is it's not a "choice" and if he thinks this is going to stay in nj he is crazy.  

he does need some serious help though.  definitely needs to step away from the bottle and/or the firearms and take a breath.  

looks like a pretty nice shop.  i agree with him that people should be able to choose a gimmick gun if they want to.  but the problem is it's not a "choice" and if he thinks this is going to stay in nj he is crazy.  

he does need some serious help though.  definitely needs to step away from the bottle and/or the firearms and take a breath.  

He is getting hammered from every angle by people who wanted to rip his head off.   I'd be surprised if anyone in that situation wasn't drinking and pissed off.   I've been on the fringe of similar situations(entirely unrelated to guns) and it is terrifyingly stressful and I wasn't even the target.

He is getting hammered from every angle by people who wanted to rip his head off.   I'd be surprised if anyone in that situation wasn't drinking and pissed off.   I've been on the fringe of similar situations(entirely unrelated to guns) and it is terrifyingly stressful and I wasn't even the target.

i don't doubt that. but thats the exact time to not drink and/or be around guns.  

If you know Engage you know that they are one of the few shops in MD who testified and fought for our rights last year. He does not want to hurt us as shown. They have a very nice shop and are some of the nicest people you will meet. I plan on going to their shop today and buying something. Don't know what yet.

If you know Engage you know that they are one of the few shops in MD who testified and fought for our rights last year. He does not want to hurt us as shown. They have a very nice shop and are some of the nicest people you will meet. I plan on going to their shop today and buying something. Don't know what yet.

Try to buy a smart gun.

It sounds like he got duped by Armatix.  He sounds frustrated and angry not just about this situation but about his business' situation.  Engage was a pretty well known shop in MD and seemed like an up and comer.  They got hit really hard the AWB that went into effect in October.  I'd be frustrated too if my own business were hurting that badly because of something outside of my control.

That may be so Ty, but he should look to move his business 20-30 min away to VA and tell MD to go f*ck off.

Guys, let me be the odd man out, let him sell the damn smart gun. It is not his fault that we have criminal politicians. We should not be stifling the sale of certain firearms (no matter how stupid) because our corrupt politicians decided to enact legislation that will honestly not survive scrutiny from SCOTUS.

:jester: :jester:

Funniest damn thing I've read all week.........

Yeah..real nice that his first response is to hit the bottle. Great representative of the gun community

Yeah the death threats from the gun community weren't enough.

He should have sold the guns. If they suck, they would fail on the market. NJ laws be damned, too bad for us, we can't get enough support to vote out anti-gun policy makers. Simple as that. It is no one elses fault but the people of NJ. Most people in this state prefer anti-gun laws. That's it, we need to get over it. Either move or try to change public opinion. Contacting politicians is pointless, preventing gun store owners to sell the firearms they want to sell is pointless and anti-free market.

Want to get mad? Get mad at the people of this state and at the politicians. Otherwise you are attacking an innocent who has nothing to do with this and you (as in the people attacking him) look idiotic.

Its not just a NJ thing. You are getting a snowball started down a mountain. Is gonna get bigger and will go beyond NJ. Why start it at all if it can be stopped?

What snowball? If this was true, mandatory manual safeties on every handgun, bullet buttons on every rifle. Why didn't those snowball? They work (crappy (bullet buttons) but they work) and they are sold are they not? Why did those features (which are more reliable than this electronic safety nonsense) snowball into laws everywhere else? Very few states are anti-gun. There will be no snowball. If there is? Viva la revolucion.

Any real proof of this besides a gun forum whisper?

Bob not a rumor this was in the news back in Feb. written up by numerous news outlets. Go online and look.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Bob not a rumor this was in the news back in Feb. written up by numerous news outlets. Go online and look.

I know those articles....all they contained was speculation if the presence of this gun in CA would trigger NJ's Law, there was never any mention of Whineberg sending any letter to the NJ AG starting any clock.

And if such an event did happen, then why is there not any mobilization to get the law struck?

Just watched the video. This guy is definitely unstable. I think he's a well-intentioned guy who made a stupid decision and is watching his business fall apart as a result. I feel sorry for him.

screw him, and anybody else who supports him.

everybody is blabbering on about 'free market' nonsense without realizing this is the Trojan Horse which ends the free market....people must really be out of touch if they don't realize Holder and his DOJ want to use tax dollars to mandate Smart Guns across the country......where's your free market then?  guess ya'll won't care cause you'll already have your guns......

I know those articles....all they contained was speculation if the presence of this gun in CA would trigger NJ's Law, there was never any mention of Whineberg sending any letter to the NJ AG starting any clock.

And if such an event did happen, then why is there not any mobilization to get the law struck?

I would post the link but I don't know how. Google " Sen Weinberg + armatix" and there is a Washington Post story that quotes Sen Weinberg's letter to the AG from back in Feb. so it's NOT a rumor. This was when the CA shop had them for sale. She was one of the co sponsor of the bill from 10 years ago so she wants this law enforced.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

"He should have sold the guns. If they suck, they would fail on the market."

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if this did trigger the law.  Let's say he (or someone else sells one) and the law's triggered.  3 years from now smart guns are the only option but I think we all know this is going to be an utter commercial failure at that price point and risk.  In the 3 year interim the gun goes off the market and I'm sure no one else is going to risk stepping in if there are no market to support it.  Wouldn't even need SCOTUS to show that there's a de-facto ban in NJ and the law would have to be reversed / repealed.

"He should have sold the guns. If they suck, they would fail on the market."

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if this did trigger the law.  Let's say he (or someone else sells one) and the law's triggered.  3 years from now smart guns are the only option but I think we all know this is going to be an utter commercial failure at that price point and risk.  In the 3 year interim the gun goes off the market and I'm sure no one else is going to risk stepping in if there are no market to support it.  Wouldn't even need SCOTUS to show that there's a de-facto ban in NJ and the law would have to be reversed / repealed.

People would buy them.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of bloomies billions went to buy them just to show how popular they are.

As an aside, the Church of Scientology was famous for purchasing their own books and recycling them back to get them on the best sellers lists...I'm guessing something similar would happen here.