Gunnz

What do our local LEO carry?

I searched and couldn't find a thread, so don't be angry if it's been asked before...... But

What do local PDs in NJ carry as their regular sidearm?

Most are likely glocks... Have seen some M&Ps....

But if you are a LEO or just know about a particular town and what they carry please post....

Just curious.....

I noticed most of Bloomfield officers carry Glocks... I think there was an "Autumn Fest" last October with lots of cops patrolling the area, so I had a chance to have a pretty good look at what was in their holsters... I think it was mostly G17, but I can't say 100% for the exact model.

There was just a thread on this a couple months ago. Not saying it to be a dik. More so just so you can read the replies on that thread.

Searched a few key words and couldn't find anything.... Sorry

Old Bridge - Glock 22

New Brunswick - P226R DAK

Sayreville - S&W M&P .45

Cranbury - G21

Middlesex Corrections - Glock 17

Middlesex Sherrif's Dept - HK USP .45

North Brunswick - Glock 21

East Brunswick - Sig 220

Mercer Co Sherrif's Dept - Glock 23

Holmdel - Sig 229

Highland Park - Glock 22

Middlesex County Pros Office - Glock 23

Long Branch - Beretta 92

Red Bank - Beretta 92

Old Bridge - Glock 22

New Brunswick - P226R DAK

Sayreville - S&W M&P .45

Cranbury - G21

Middlesex Corrections - Glock 17

Middlesex Sherrif's Dept - HK USP .45

North Brunswick - Glock 21

East Brunswick - Sig 220

Mercer Co Sherrif's Dept - Glock 23

Holmdel - Sig 229

Highland Park - Glock 22

Middlesex County Pros Office - Glock 23

Long Branch - Beretta 92

Red Bank - Beretta 92

That's a good list.

Anyone know if colts neck carries gold plated tiger stripped desert eagles? Lol

Kind of surprised there's no consensus or commonality. I mean if neighboring towns get involved in something what if there's a need to share ammo/mags/guns?

That will never happen. The number of instances of the need to share magazines/ammo in a gunfight by CONUS LEO is so small as to be statistically negligible.

Kind of surprised there's no consensus or commonality. I mean if neighboring towns get involved in something what if there's a need to share ammo/mags/guns?

Trenton raised that argument / general principle when they first switched away from the .38 Special round and service revolvers and eventually adopted the Glock in 9mm. I want to say this was like 88, probably had been going on for some time but I can remember distinctly my father bringing home samples from various mfgrs in 88 ( I remember that year because the Mets lost to the Dodgers and orel hersheiser lol).

Trenton strongly felt same guns/same ammo/same mags made overall policing sense, especially in an area like Mercer County where you can quite literally be in Pennington boro and make it to Trenton in 15 minutes, Hopewell Twp thru Ewing into trenton in 10 mins... and drive around the whole county in a half hour. Small place where "community policing" is an understatement and the likelihood someone could respond to a call for help and arrive on scene during an emergency firefight is high due to proximity being so close, so mags and ammo being same and shared would be very smart. They were basically told, if we have no county police academy much less a county police force, why would any of us care what weapons another town uses? Most towns apparently felt that way.

Ironically Trenton was one of the entire states first to commit to switching to Glock, and apparently more than a few agencies snickered, as Beretta had been picked by the .mil, Sig Sauer and HK were seen as the "primo" police choice and Glock was plastic or porcelain or something like that, no good for police use!!! A few years later everyone was all about the Glock with Trenton having success.

sig 229 NJSP

isn't the state police the p228?

i know paramus is p226 and p229 in 357 sig

i know wanaque is the full size glock 40

i believe cresskill is the full size glock 40 as well

i believe wyckoff is sig p226 in 40

the passaic county sheriff are M&P40 now.  were glock a few years back

woodland park is apparently the p227

I don't see a need for towns to have the same models unless it's to get a larger volume buy and save money. Yeah it would also be better if they all used the same ammo too because a large volume could be bought and then split. Yet again more about money savings.

The majority of officers go thru an entire career without being in a gunfight. So to have the same pistols in case of a multi department gun fight is really reaching.

The only reason is to save money and we all know most govt agencies aren't all that concerned with saving the taxpayers money.