W2MC

A Big -1 for Shooter's

I was there this morning and had a horrible experience due to lack of customer service and not just from the young ones behind the counter.

If the management/ownership lacks retail/customer service skills you can't blame the employees for the training they receive, if any.

I'm too upset to explain what happened and remain calm about the whole exchange. I can tell you this, I didn't shoot but also didn't buy the pistol I came for, p2p and cash in hand.

I'll get into it later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So...interested in an update on your experience.  What happened?

Following are the email I sent the owner regarding my experience there. This pretty much tells the story. My intention is to critique so the place gets better. At no time I intent to hurt anyone or the business by sharing my experience. The class I mention in the email I took in January, it was a rifle class.

Hi Xxx,

Thank you for your response.

When I booked that class, I did it with your store and not with Kkkkkk.

I paid you guys. You did not have such a requirement back then.

I guess if your staff would have located my account, wasn't hard for me to do so, they would have know that I was there prior to you changing the rules and would have acted appropriately. Subsequently I would have sign the paper and finish my tea while I watch the video.

The lady didn't find my account she called Sssss and he didn't bother even looking for it. All he said is we have no way of verifying you where here and you can't shoot without the white card

( you didn't extend white cards when I was here). I can deal with changes to the rules

It's unfortunate that the situation was mismanaged by your staff.

I'm also sorry for the confusion.

It cost me precious time and it cost you money. My intent today was to shoot for an hour and then shop for a new pistol, p2p and cash in hand.

I spend a lot of time in LBI in the summers, it's unfortunate that I feel about your place the way your employees (not sure if Sssss is an employee) made me feel. You have a beautiful, comfortable place and you seem to be a reasonable person yet the main reason to come back should be the whole experience, not just a pretty building.

Thank you for your attention

Ruben

On Jun 8, 2014, at 10:55 AM, SHOOTERSNJ wrote:

Hi Ruben,

This is Ttt and I am one of the owners.

There is a liability release form, a safety video and a RSO reviews are Range Rules. Once this is complete we issue you a card!

When you did the tactical rifle training with our instructor this was not part of the class. ( It is now.)!

The safety video and review of our range safety rules take 10 minutes.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ttt

To: [email protected]

Sent: Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:15:11 AM

Subject: Re: Shooters Sporting Center - Scheduling Reminder for January 25, 2014

This is the account I created and shows that I was there.

You were not able to find it, but I did.

Show to the owner please.

I'm the person that was denied access to your range this morning because you couldn't find my account.

Rectify your mistakes!

Ruben

On Jan 24, 2014, at 6:08 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Scheduling reminder for Ruben (Back on target).

Camps/Classes

Family Member Camp/Class Location Date Time

Ruben Abigador Tactical Rifle Training Classrooms - Classroom 1 January 25, 2014 10:

Hey,  I was just wondering a bit more about the issue you had w/ the tactical rifle class??  I'm not really sure from the emails.  I'm booked to take the class at Shooters the end of this month w/ Kkk..  I booked through the range/store.  I'm supposed to arrive a bit early to fill out paperwork, etc. THEN an orientation of sorts to the range, etc. is supposed to be a part of the class.   I'm hoping all will run smooth....

I was in about a week ago when I heard some of the employees chatting about the business being on a website. This being the main reason I found this forum. I have yet to have an issue with the business. I hear things, but there are two sides two every story, well technically three. Besides the point I was given very clear instructions when I wanted to use the range. I was informed by "the kids" that I had to fill out a safety form first and then watch a short range safety video. Even though i have experience with firearms they told me it didn't matter because it was their policy. That is completely understandable. It's a major liability. I filled out the paper which asked for my basic information and I had to initial all the range rules stating I understood them. I was told to make sure after the video was done to return to the register to receive my white card that I would show them whenever I wanted to use the range that way they knew I took the course. If I lost the card I would have to retake the class. As a responsible adult, it is not that difficult to maintain a piece of paper. i keep it with my firearms ID card. 

I had asked about the classes offered and I was given a sheet with the dates, times, and classes. I was told i could sign up then or do it on their website, whichever was more suitable for me. From talking with "the kids" I discovered the classes and Shooters are almost two separate entities. The classes are held at Shooters but are instructed by other people and a different business. I asked about the concealed carry class to find out it was located at the instructors business in Barnegat or waretown. Therefore it seem the issue you had was not entirely Shooters fault. 

Did you ask for a manager? Did you ask to speak with someone else? Did you do anything to help the situation? I can't imagine them not helping you. I've heard mostly good things about the business. Of course they are going to have a few hiccups here and there, but doesn't every business especially a new one? When you go to a drive thru and get the wrong order do you storm out and refuse to go back to that place again and bad mouth for one bad experience that could have been resolved? 

Politeness gets you places these days, not being rude. To come in there like a rich snob waving your papers and saying you lost a sale, do you really think they care? That place is constantly selling guns, your one sale is not going to hurt the numbers. 

I'm glad as a normal human being, I enjoy my rights to be able to shoot in this state with the way things are. if i had to take 15 minutes tops out of my time for something SAFE, and just once, by all means.

Kudos to Shooters for trying to have a comfortable environment for everyone to come to. By the sounds of it, I'm glad you won't be returning. I wouldn't want to be shooting next to someone who wouldn't take a 10 minute safety course. 

To answer all of the above issues.

You are 100% correct about how bad mouthing a business will be enough punishment.

Interestingly enough, to see gun salesmen on here who seem to bad mouth a business for their own well being. However, understandable when you're threatened by the competition. 

The "knowledgeable" staff of "kids" could be true to an extent. No one knows everything. If they have new hires who are learning give them a chance. You don't know everything and neither do they, but encountering this staff on multiple occasions, not once was I not helped. If a staff member was unsure of something they would reply "I'm not sure, but let me ask."

Agreed, I wish I was 19 again too. The girls are cute. Have to have something to look at while you're waiting for a NICS check.

This business is beautiful and it does need to make it's money back. If there is an issue with pricing go somewhere else or don't have it all. That's not their fault you don't feel okay with the pricing.

As for the pricing issue that rang up wrong, is technology perfect? No. Are you? No. I'm sure the person apologized and tried to figure it out. He/She wouldn't have the authority to override a price and perhaps a manger wasn't available. If you asked for a manager you could have gotten someone. 

I was in about a week ago when I heard some of the employees chatting about the business being on a website. This being the main reason I found this forum. I have yet to have an issue with the business. I hear things, but there are two sides two every story, well technically three. Besides the point I was given very clear instructions when I wanted to use the range. I was informed by "the kids" that I had to fill out a safety form first and then watch a short range safety video. Even though i have experience with firearms they told me it didn't matter because it was their policy. That is completely understandable. It's a major liability. I filled out the paper which asked for my basic information and I had to initial all the range rules stating I understood them. I was told to make sure after the video was done to return to the register to receive my white card that I would show them whenever I wanted to use the range that way they knew I took the course. If I lost the card I would have to retake the class. As a responsible adult, it is not that difficult to maintain a piece of paper. i keep it with my firearms ID card. 

I had asked about the classes offered and I was given a sheet with the dates, times, and classes. I was told i could sign up then or do it on their website, whichever was more suitable for me. From talking with "the kids" I discovered the classes and Shooters are almost two separate entities. The classes are held at Shooters but are instructed by other people and a different business. I asked about the concealed carry class to find out it was located at the instructors business in Barnegat or waretown. Therefore it seem the issue you had was not entirely Shooters fault. 

Did you ask for a manager? Did you ask to speak with someone else? Did you do anything to help the situation? I can't imagine them not helping you. I've heard mostly good things about the business. Of course they are going to have a few hiccups here and there, but doesn't every business especially a new one? When you go to a drive thru and get the wrong order do you storm out and refuse to go back to that place again and bad mouth for one bad experience that could have been resolved? 

Politeness gets you places these days, not being rude. To come in there like a rich snob waving your papers and saying you lost a sale, do you really think they care? That place is constantly selling guns, your one sale is not going to hurt the numbers. 

I'm glad as a normal human being, I enjoy my rights to be able to shoot in this state with the way things are. if i had to take 15 minutes tops out of my time for something SAFE, and just once, by all means.

Kudos to Shooters for trying to have a comfortable environment for everyone to come to. By the sounds of it, I'm glad you won't be returning. I wouldn't want to be shooting next to someone who wouldn't take a 10 minute safety course. 

LMAO really you join 2 days ago and the two posts you put are in the thread defending this shop. Seems like someone might have tipped the management to what was being said in this thread and they come in for some damage control. 

LMAO really you join 2 days ago and the two posts you put are in the thread defending this shop. Seems like someone might have tipped the management to what was being said in this thread and they come in for some damage control.

More Damage then Damage control :)

So you defend the business by attacking the the poster and assuming he was rude. Were you there did he say he came in waving his papers as you said. I was not but according to the email exchange he did not seem rude he stated that he was treated badly. He seems to feel like he was treated badly enough that he does not want to return. You also said that you heard about the website a week ago in your second post in the first post you are trying to address issues that to me sounds like you have something more to do with the shop then customer. 

Mike, 

you're hitting the nail on the head. They aren't really cust serv oriented and that is bad. It's a nice place. This guy saying that one sale won't matter, yeah but word of mouth goes a long way.

Apologies that you can't read and comprehend. I clearly stated I overheard the employees talking about Shooters being bashed on a website and that's why i found the forum. I will defend a place that I enjoy going to. 

^^^ Wreaks of shill.

As I stated in my previous post, my intention is not to hurt anyone but to be constructive.

As a consumer I can only vote with my money. Yes, I showed my p2p to the owner, so he understands how a consumer can be heard.

BB didn't mention being there or being told about me showing the p2p.

Every situation can be handled different. My issue was that I was qualified to take a $160.00 class, that they said there was no way to verify that I was there and that they changed the rules regarding the white card.

I took me 30 seconds to pull my account up when I got home. I didn't have to call a manager, the young polite lady did that, he didn't even bother looking for my account and told me I can't shoot.

All these is on the email, including the owner acknowledging that: "When you did the tactical rifle training with our instructor this was not part of the class. ( It is now.)! " and he apologized for the confusion. He also says our instructor, so I guess the rumors by the counter regarding the instructor being a different business may just be rumors or not.

I'm done, I'm putting it to rest.

I am a member at shooters and I have also bought firearms from them. I was also there the night the so called "kids" were reading this thread. I have had zero problems with anyone there either the sales staff or the RO's. The day we bought my wife's glock I dealt with what I think is was of the owners, he was dealing with us and two other people buying pistols at the sametime and we were in and out in no time. The only gripe I have is the change in policy not allowing buckshot at the range, I totally understand why just sucks I have to pay for some jackasses shooting up the range. I am no expert but I have been to my share of ranges. Just my two cents.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I was there this morning and had a horrible experience due to lack of customer service and not just from the young ones behind the counter.

If the management/ownership lacks retail/customer service skills you can't blame the employees for the training they receive, if any.

I'm too upset to explain what happened and remain calm about the whole exchange. I can tell you this, I didn't shoot but also didn't buy the pistol I came for, p2p and cash in hand.

I'll get into it later.

I have been to Shooters many times and love the place. The “Kids" and the older gentlemen are very helpful and knowledgeable. (Again not everyone knows everything about every firearm) as well as the entire staff from all the departments at Shooters. Is Shooters perfect? no but what business is, they all try hard and the firearms inventory is immense. I have personally seen them take the time to discuss why a firearm would be a correct one or not correct for the customer.

And before I get attacked, I was there on Sunday morning, and I have this to say, I have never seen or so been so embarrassed for someone like I was on Sunday and I work in the public sector. You where so off base and rude not just to the gentleman who tried to help and talk to you, but also the young ladies that you talked down too. You where so rude, you would not shut up. The gentleman tried to talk to you and all you wanted to do was make a name for yourself on a forum. Within two minutes you threatened him that you were going to write a nasty message on the forum, you refused to listen and talk to him. He tried to tell you there policy and you did not care to listen. He mentioned at least two or more times that you can go in the range after you take the quick range safety course that they do. (Takes less than ten minutes) You did not give him a chance to explain the situation and lord knows he tried, you just threw out there that you took a class and he tried to explain that the training is through third party and that without a card showing you took the range safety course that you would have to take the QUICK course. All you kept yelling was that he was wrong, and you have been there for class and that they are a bad business and you are going to make a stink on the internet to hurt their business. I actually said to the gentleman, after the second time you came running back in to the store, waving your permit and cash in the air like a little kid, saying see "I have permit and cash to buy, but I not buy here"; that if he let you in the range I would not be shooting there. Ruben (got your name from the email)you stated in an earlier post "As I stated in my previous post, my intention is not to hurt anyone but to be constructive.

As a consumer I can only vote with my money. Yes, I showed my p2p to the owner, so he understands how a consumer can be heard.

BB didn't mention being there or being told about me showing the p2p." You are a liar  because you did threaten the gentleman that you would post a comment on the internet forum and you post an e-mail between you and the owner, all names except yours is missing. YOU HAVE SEVERE ANGER ISSUES and from what I witnessed you probably should not have access to firearms. You say that you go to LBI allot, well I hope you enjoy the beach, but I for one hope not to see you on LBI or at Shooters. You might want to look into some Dale Carnegie courses on how to talk and treat people. It is sad when grownups need to act like three year olds. And when they don't get there way they have tantrums. 

I have been to Shooters many times and love the place. The “Kids" and the older gentlemen are very helpful and knowledgeable. (Again not everyone knows everything about every firearm) as well as the entire staff from all the departments at Shooters. Is Shooters perfect? no but what business is, they all try hard and the firearms inventory is immense. I have personally seen them take the time to discuss why a firearm would be a correct one or not correct for the customer.

And before I get attacked, I was there on Sunday morning, and I have this to say, I have never seen or so been so embarrassed for someone like I was on Sunday and I work in the public sector. You where so off base and rude not just to the gentleman who tried to help and talk to you, but also the young ladies that you talked down too. You where so rude, you would not shut up. The gentleman tried to talk to you and all you wanted to do was make a name for yourself on a forum. Within two minutes you threatened him that you were going to write a nasty message on the forum, you refused to listen and talk to him. He tried to tell you there policy and you did not care to listen. He mentioned at least two or more times that you can go in the range after you take the quick range safety course that they do. (Takes less than ten minutes) You did not give him a chance to explain the situation and lord knows he tried, you just threw out there that you took a class and he tried to explain that the training is through third party and that without a card showing you took the range safety course that you would have to take the QUICK course. All you kept yelling was that he was wrong, and you have been there for class and that they are a bad business and you are going to make a stink on the internet to hurt their business. I actually said to the gentleman, after the second time you came running back in to the store, waving your permit and cash in the air like a little kid, saying see "I have permit and cash to buy, but I not buy here"; that if he let you in the range I would not be shooting there. Ruben (got your name from the email)you stated in an earlier post "As I stated in my previous post, my intention is not to hurt anyone but to be constructive.

BB didn't mention being there or being told about me showing the p2p." You are a liar  because you did threaten the gentleman that you would post a comment on the internet forum and you post an e-mail between you and the owner, all names except yours is missing. YOU HAVE SEVERE ANGER ISSUES and from what I witnessed you probably should not have access to firearms. You say that you go to LBI allot, well I hope you enjoy the beach, but I for one hope not to see you on LBI or at Shooters. You might want to look into some Dale Carnegie courses on how to talk and treat people. It is sad when grownups need to act like three year olds. And when they don't get there way they have tantrums. 

Well at least we are getting some new members because of this thread hopefully they will give something else to this forum LOL

And before I get attacked, I was there on Sunday morning, and I have this to say, I have never seen or so been so embarrassed for someone like I was on Sunday and I work in the public sector. You where so off base and rude not just to the gentleman who tried to help and talk to you, but also the young ladies that you talked down too. You where so rude, you would not shut up. The gentleman tried to talk to you and all you wanted to do was make a name for yourself on a forum. Within two minutes you threatened him that you were going to write a nasty message on the forum, you refused to listen and talk to him. He tried to tell you there policy and you did not care to listen. He mentioned at least two or more times that you can go in the range after you take the quick range safety course that they do. (Takes less than ten minutes) You did not give him a chance to explain the situation and lord knows he tried, you just threw out there that you took a class and he tried to explain that the training is through third party and that without a card showing you took the range safety course that you would have to take the QUICK course. All you kept yelling was that he was wrong, and you have been there for class and that they are a bad business and you are going to make a stink on the internet to hurt their business. I actually said to the gentleman, after the second time you came running back in to the store, waving your permit and cash in the air like a little kid, saying see "I have permit and cash to buy, but I not buy here"; that if he let you in the range I would not be shooting there. Ruben (got your name from the email)you stated in an earlier post "As I stated in my previous post, my intention is not to hurt anyone but to be constructive.

BB didn't mention being there or being told about me showing the p2p." You are a liar because you did threaten the gentleman that you would post a comment on the internet forum and you post an e-mail between you and the owner, all names except yours is missing. YOU HAVE SEVERE ANGER ISSUES and from what I witnessed you probably should not have access to firearms. You say that you go to LBI allot, well I hope you enjoy the beach, but I for one hope not to see you on LBI or at Shooters. You might want to look into some Dale Carnegie courses on how to talk and treat people. It is sad when grownups need to act like three year olds. And when they don't get there way they have tantrums.

That's a heck of a first post. The folks are coming out of the woodwork here to bash the OP. Shill #2?

Why can't Shooters maintain a file indicating that this customer watched their training video?  RTSP does.  GFH does, it's encoded in with the rest of my customer information when they scan my member card at GFH.  Really, like I need another piece of paper in my George Costanza wallet, or for that matter I couldn't pull out a white card waving it around and say I took the class already when I had not.

More shills, that's definitely what the forum needs.  :facepalm:

I guess I'm the next target...(pins bullseye on chest)

W2MC, I have no reason to say anything about the issue you had. I was not there. I do know that they have a good thing and I know that no matter what they wont please everyone all the time. I will say that I hoped that you asked to speak with someone when you where there, knowing the people there and they way they are I would hope someone at Shooters would have told the person at the register to sell you the item at the stickered price. 

I only came on here because I believed that BACK ON TARGET had an agenda and I wanted you folks on this forum to know from an i witness of the incident, that he was talking about. The Shooting community needs to support all the ranges outdoor as well as indoor, or soon there will not be any place to shoot. I have been to some ranges that are very nice and some that I would not go back to, but i would not try and hurt the business because of my experience. Some people are not happy unless they are miserable and try to make everyone else miserable, I believe that was the case with BACK on Target. 

MikeyThumbs thank you for not coming after me LOL.

Actually I did, and they did, and they were more concerned with pulling the bullets off the shelf than dealing with the problem at hand (i.e., me)

Sorry that it happened like that, its not like the folks I deal with. Like I said earlier they like all business have issues and growing pains, hopefully they learn from this one to make it a better experience for all.