Howard

My Kimber blew up :(

Hmm. This makes the fifth fun story of bad freedom munitions ammo I have run into. All over pressure. There was also a no name relaid sake by a vendor that doesn't reload ammo, they got lots of stock right after I saw multiple freedom munitions .223 issues. Same exact symptoms.

Someone's qc is sucking royally.

....There was also a no name relaid sake by a vendor that doesn't reload ammo, they got lots of stock right after I saw multiple freedom munitions .223 issues....

There are a few typos in that sentence. What are you trying to say? :unsure:

Glad to hear that you're okay. 

I'll tell you one thing that fascinated me when I was learning to reload. Calibers like .380 and .45 ACP run up to 21,500 psi. 

As a scuba diver, I dive with 3,500 psi strapped to my back in a steel tank. As a shooter, I'm putting 21,500 psi in front of my face.

And technically 21,500 is nothing compared to some rifle cartridges. A .308 will be up around 62,000 psi. That thought makes my ass pucker from time to time.

Sorry to hear about your Kimber, but glad your OK. Now make that ammo manufacturer pay for your gun, or tell them you will post their name on every gunboard forum you can find.

Must have been a serious overcharge to do that type of damage to the gun & set off the next round. Glad your ok & it sounds like you'll get a replacement. Sometimes we need to be reminded it's a controlled explosion going off 2 feet in front of our faces.