Poor guy.

If the disorderly persons did not involve a domestic violence, it is up to the chief if he approves it or not. If it involved a domestic, your not getting approved.

If he denies it due to just disorderly without DV, just appeal it. 

It may be a little late for an anger management class, but I would def get a voluntary psyc evaluation (hopefully it is in your favor) so you have it for court.

Yeah, you have to be convicted. Charged shouldn't mean anything.

Also keep us updated.

I dont know if it was legal or not by my local PD, but I was questioned for a couple days of a charge that I was not convicted for before it went to the chief.

One of those things when you go to court the bs charge is dropped.

yes, i was denied back in 92 according to the officer. i have 5 disorderly persons convictions on my record, this all happened when i was in my late teens to early 20s. it wasn't even an issue when i joined the army. but i'll keep everyone posted on this. 

Are you kidding? 5 convictions and then you lied about it.  At this point I would question whether they are indeed disorderly person charges or something more serious.

Yeah...forgot an arrest and 5 dp offenses. Sure. Selective memory. Obviously you havent learned. Even from these sparse details I would have to say they were correct in denying you. Nobody forgets that they were arrest and convicted.

Yeah...forgot an arrest and 5 dp offenses. Sure. Selective memory. Obviously you havent learned. Even from these sparse details I would have to say they were correct in denying you. Nobody forgets that they were arrest and convicted.

You left out "forgetting" the prior denial.

ok, let me try to explain it a little better, 1989 convicted of possession of a burglary tool (it was a ninja key chain used for self defence, also known as a three way punch. 1991 convicted of theft, 1994 disorderly conduct, 1995 failure to disperse and the last one, simple assault. now, when i went to the court to get my disposition reports the lady gave me all exept one. that was the simple assault one. that's the one i failed to put down because i thought it was dropped and removed from my record, (a big mistake on my part)  i did apply back in 1992 or 93 and was denied for criminal record. i called on friday and found out. i honestly did not remember applying back then. as far as learning from my mistakes, you better believe i have. i have not gotten into any legal trouble since the last arrest/conviction. i got myself a job and soon after i decided to join the army and served for 4 years. honorably discharged. as for attending synagogue, i only go during the high holy days. i'm very secular. anyways, i hope this clear up any confusion and doutbs about my situation and would like to apologise for causing all the confusion as well. have a great and safe week every one.     

ok, let me try to explain it a little better, 1989 convicted of possession of a burglary tool (it was a ninja key chain used for self defence, also known as a three way punch. 1991 convicted of theft, 1994 disorderly conduct, 1995 failure to disperse and the last one, simple assault. now, when i went to the court to get my disposition reports the lady gave me all exept one. that was the simple assault one. that's the one i failed to put down because i thought it was dropped and removed from my record, (a big mistake on my part)  i did apply back in 1992 or 93 and was denied for criminal record. i called on friday and found out. i honestly did not remember applying back then. as far as learning from my mistakes, you better believe i have. i have not gotten into any legal trouble since the last arrest/conviction. i got myself a job and soon after i decided to join the army and served for 4 years. honorably discharged. as for attending synagogue, i only go during the high holy days. i'm very secular. anyways, i hope this clear up any confusion and doutbs about my situation and would like to apologise for causing all the confusion as well. have a great and safe week every one.     

you dont owe anyone an explanation about anything.. your business is your business..

I only read bits and pieces of this thread, but with that said it sounds like you need a lawyer if you ever hope to sort all that out... the only thing that has me confused is how you could forget being denied.. I mean even being that long ago it is a pretty significant occurrence.. but like I said.. you certainly dont owe me or anyone else any kind of explanation.. it sounds like you were young and stupid at some point like the rest of us... the only difference being you got caught.. when was the simple assault.. 

good luck with it all.. let us know how it pans out.. 

you dont owe anyone an explanation about anything.. your business is your business..

I only read bits and pieces of this thread, but with that said it sounds like you need a lawyer if you ever hope to sort all that out... the only thing that has me confused is how you could forget being denied.. I mean even being that long ago it is a pretty significant occurrence.. but like I said.. you certainly dont owe me or anyone else any kind of explanation.. it sounds like you were young and stupid at some point like the rest of us... the only difference being you got caught.. when was the simple assault.. 

good luck with it all.. let us know how it pans out.. 

WHAT HE SAID.I would not discuss anything personal on this forum. Get a lawyer

This entire thread is a Train Wreck and Soap Opera.

Sounds like you were a real Dumb Ass when you were younger.  (5) convictions says to me that you DID more and just didn't get caught doin' it.  CLEO feels the same way!  Now you're payin' the price.  Time to get-out the check book, hire an Attorney who specializes in this crap, take a memory class and stop being STUPID!  

All of that being said, thank you for your military service.

This sounds like one of those cases where a judge orders a knucklehead to either join the military or go to jail.

No offense to the original poster since almost all of us did dumb shit as kids and young men and were considered knuckleheads but as someone said before most of us didn't get caught.

The right to keep and bear arms is not a "god givin right", its a constitutional right.

No, the right of self protection or to be "safe in your person" is a God given (or if you dont beleive in God, a naturally occuring) right.

The Constitution doesnt "give" us anything.

The Constitution only looks to protect rights that are already inherenent to everyone.