MikeL

Freedom Munitions - $5 Flat Rate Shipping

I'll bet any of you $5 that there is a "late trailer" delay during shipping. Any takers?

No, I placed an order yesterday and already got a shipping confirmation and tracking number that it is on its way.

no idea. but apparently I'm having a non-delayed delay... my 2 packages have been in Hodgkins, IL now for over 24 hours. if they'd gotten them out last night I'd probably have seen them on Friday.

Hodgkins IL is a black hole for Freedom Munitions packages. My last one was there for 4 days and then showed up at my house with a different tracking number and shipping sticker. I checked the original number 5 days after I received the package and it still showed Hodgkins IL.

Beyond strange.

I just got an email alert... they're delivering mine tomorrow. :)

There is seriously something bizarre about the route it takes.

This is odd though...

Note: Your Delivery Instructions request on this package was cancelled due to the new delivery date. A quick reminder to request again if it's still needed.

.... dafuq?

I don't know if its just freedom or the delivery system itself. Past month anything iv had delivered (FedEx,ups,USPS) have all been delayed or routed weirdly. I had a package coming from fl via USPS recently. It arrived in JC, then traveled to Trenton, then Englishtown, made its way to Kearny , finally to scotch plains and out for delivery. Took an extra 4 days.

Finally, we would like to announce that we will be offering 5 dollar flat rate shipping on all orders permanently. So whether you order 2,500 or 25,000 bullets, the shipping will always be the same, 5 dollars!

We here at X-Treme Bullets know you work hard for every dollar you make and that is why we offer the high volume shooter quality plated projectiles at affordable prices.

X-Treme and Freedom Munitions are "sister" companies. Wouldn't surprise me if the X-T agreement will carry over to F-M as well pretty soon. It would also explain why there's be some "hiccups" with delivery... if they've negotiated a lower rate it might be in exchange for not quite as fast or prioritized shipping. There might also be some "logistics" kinks being worked out in the system. If so, I'm not sweating it.

Anyone notice anything strange from their shipment? Just got mine today and the boxes looked pretty beat up. And not that it means anything, but I noticed the headstamps were different and weren't the usual "AMMOLOAD". 

9mm 115g new. Picked out the box that looked the most beat up, inspected the ammo and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, at least to the naked eye. FWIW, I noticed my shipment from the free shipping promo came in white boxes that I hadn't seen before, but this came in the usual black/red/blue boxes.