monmouth

Need to sight in a 50 cal upper, any members that can help?

I just received a .50 cal upper/rifle and would like to test drive it.  Anyone a member of a NJ range that will allow the firing of this rifle?  I would like to test reliability and then sight in the scope.

I'm a member at Mifflin County and prefer not to drive 4 hours right now.  Of course I would pay all fees and ammo for you to shoot my .50 at your NJ range.  I can also bring my .308 gasser if you want to shoot precision.  If you're not familiar with precision rifle shooting, I would be more than happy to teach you the basics of position, MIL ranging with a scope, calculating mils and entering dope, wind, spotting, etc.. If you like, we can work as a team on some drills :)

I have all the gear and guarantee a fun yet informative time, but will warn that you will probably get addicted.  I take no responsibility if your wife yells at you for making large future purchases.

Yes it is.

You just have to let them know your shooting it so you are responsible for any damage.

I know SJSC does not allow .50B BMG on the 100 yard range, but don't know if it's allowed or not on the 300 yard range.

All I knew was that 50 BMG is listed in their rule book under "Ranges" for all of their center fire rifle ranges as not being allowed. If I recall correctly, at orientation, they mentioned that it was because it could damage the bullet traps. If they allow special considerations with permission then that's good to know.