Boejoula

Decided to start 2nd build

Got a box in the mail today. Idk if this counts for anything but PX has the cleanest packaging.. Pics will come tonight.

It counts with me! I've heard similar from a number of customers and it's because we take pride in everything we do down to the little things like packaging.

:lol:

It's not just you...I've had multiple Luth buyers contact me about how their guns don't cycle after installing the stock. I may amend the product description with something about that little screw.

I assumed the long screw was for use with the spacer.

that stock isn't considered adjustable? or will it be pinned somehow? i like it but wonder how that's NJ friendly

As I see it, the stock is not adjustable/collapsible. There is and adjustable cheek riser and butt pad, but the stock is fixed to the buffer tube with a screw.

I'd have done the Luth-AR but they were out of stock. I'm always worried in how long it takes to get black gun parts. I like the trigger but for SPR I did a single stage hyper fire medium springs. My CQ is in 300 aac with 14.5" barrel and uses a Giesele SSA-E.

The Giesele kit is great stuff so you won't be disappointed.

Looks like great specs you've got. The optic to me is tricky. I just solicited a bunch of advice in another thread. I went with a 1-6 optic.

I considered going with two optics like a 3-9 and then an RMR mounted on the side or top for closer targets. What I've also learned is that any decent optics in 1-4, 1-6 that are tactical ain't cheap.

I have a trijcon accupoint on my .308 SPR which I may sell for a higher magnification.

I'd have done the Luth-AR but they were out of stock. I'm always worried in how long it takes to get black gun parts. I like the trigger but for SPR I did a single stage hyper fire medium springs. My CQ is in 300 aac with 14.5" barrel and uses a Giesele SSA-E.

The Giesele kit is great stuff so you won't be disappointed.

Looks like great specs you've got. The optic to me is tricky. I just solicited a bunch of advice in another thread. I went with a 1-6 optic.

I considered going with two optics like a 3-9 and then an RMR mounted on the side or top for closer targets. What I've also learned is that any decent optics in 1-4, 1-6 that are tactical ain't cheap.

I have a trijcon accupoint on my .308 SPR which I may sell for a higher magnification.

I have another AR, 14.5 inch barrel and dynacomp. Use an Aimpoint PRO and 3x mag on it. So I'm looking for something to go further and be more accurate.

That is also where I have the Geissele SSA. Will put the SSA on this when I find the SDC. I love the Geissele triggers.

What weight is the pull on your trigger?

I think it's 3.5 second stage. Not 100% sure.

I love that stock but timing is everything.

If you used the medium weight springs, it should be right around 3lbs. The SSA-E is 3.5lbs total between the two stages whereas the Hiperfires are all single stage triggers. My SPR uses the 24E with the middle pull as well.

7yzygama.jpg

This is the Luth-AR stock on an A2 tube without the spacer on the tube. It fits fine but should there be anything else here? My takedown pin is extremely hard to remove, almost needs a punch. This happened with my other AR but that was because the tube was one full turn to far.

ETA: This is the Battle Arms enhanced pin set.

Any idea what I can try before cutting the spring?

Since it's brand new, I'd leave it alone. My guess is with use, it'll become easier to push the pin out. I've had some super stiff ones that after some shooting and use, the pins went from needing a hammer to being able to push out with just a little effort. I do trim the spring when using my billet lowers because it makes installing the threaded hex head insert that traps the spring and detent much easier.

Ty, I saw that lower today. I have had stiff pins before that eventually loosened up, but that was with the upper on.

This rear pin is ridiculously tight just in the lower without the upper attached.

Have you seen that before as well?

Nope but I also haven't ever used the BAD EPS so I can't say if that's the way they all are or not.