Boejoula

Decided to start 2nd build

Not any with personal experience, no.  I do like the Odin 3-Gun barrels as they're guaranteed to be sub-MOA (mine certainly is as is one I sold to a close friend), come with a gas block and gas tube for under $300.  They aren't a rifle length gas system though and use an intermediate gas system which is about 1" shorter than rifle. They weigh a little under 2.2lbs and are extremely well balanced.

There's also White Oak Armament and Rainier Arms who have 18" SPR-type barrels with rifle length gas systems.

Ty, how far out are these Odin barrels good for keeping it sub-moa.

Ty, how far out are these Odin barrels good for keeping it sub-moa.

Measure of precision shouldn't change as distance increases until you get to such a point where your bullet goes trans-sonic. So the barrels would be sub-MOA at 100 yards, 200 yards, etc.

Measure of precision shouldn't change as distance increases until you get to such a point where your bullet goes trans-sonic. So the barrels would be sub-MOA at 100 yards, 200 yards, etc.

so if i wanted to shoot out to 600 yards, this barrel would be get the job done? 

Any upper will run on any lower. It is the configuration of pieces in each lower or upper that is important. That being the right buffer and spring used in the lower's configuration. For example, if I have a rifle length system setup it must have a rifle spring and rifle buffer, not a carbine spring and cabine buffer in a rifle extension. What upper is mounted to it is not important. Hope this helps.

Any upper will run on any lower. It is the configuration of pieces in each lower or upper that is important. That being the right buffer and spring used in the lower's configuration. For example, if I have a rifle length system setup it must have a rifle spring and rifle buffer, not a carbine spring and cabine buffer in a rifle extension. What upper is mounted to it is not important. Hope this helps.

I have an rifle length tube, buffer, and spring on the lower. And a 14.5" barrel with 1.5" dynacomp (16" overall) mid length gas system. I guess what I'm asking is would this cycle properly.

So back to this, can I put my 14.5" mid length upper on my A2 lower. This would really only be to test the lower to make sure it functions properly.

Not quite. The gas port placement is different as well as amount of barrel after the port is different between the two. An ODIN Works 3-Gun will cycle a rifle length action system without issue.

Not quite. The gas port placement is different as well as amount of barrel after the port is different between the two. An ODIN Works 3-Gun will cycle a rifle length action system without issue.

I plan to use the Odin 3 gun. I just want to mount my current upper and shoot the lower to see if the lower is properly assembled.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Diamondhead-USA-VRS-T-15-0-Free-Floating-Versa-p/2241.htm

Anyone have any experience with this rail system? can i mount a bipod? i like the NSR but dont have that kind of cash for a rail. Recommend rails in the $150 area please

https://www.primaryarms.com/Diamondhead-USA-VRS-T-15-0-Free-Floating-Versa-p/2241.htm

Anyone have any experience with this rail system? can i mount a bipod? i like the NSR but dont have that kind of cash for a rail. Recommend rails in the $150 area please

I bought the NSRs from Midway when they had a $45 off of $250 or something like that.. which brought the price down to something UNDER $250... so if you like the NSR.. and are comfortable with spending $150 on a rail.. just wait till your funds and a sale line up... because settling for something at $150 is not the answer when you can have something way better for a little more.... if you have the gun for any length of time the additional investment to get perfection will be worth it.. 

I bought the NSRs from Midway when they had a $45 off of $250 or something like that.. which brought the price down to something UNDER $250... so if you like the NSR.. and are comfortable with spending $150 on a rail.. just wait till your funds and a sale line up... because settling for something at $150 is not the answer when you can have something way better for a little more.... if you have the gun for any length of time the additional investment to get perfection will be worth it.. 

I like it as far as it's not a quad rail. The Key things is whatever to me. All i'm looking to so is mount a folding front sight and a bipod to it, maybe part of the scope mount. since its a SBR i doubt i would run and gun with it ever, no need for a quad rail or really a comfortable rail. Just something to serve it's purpose.

$249.95

nsrrail_small.jpg?v=1382390456

That's a typo. right?

Peso's maybe?

No possible justification for that price.

You are wise to pass.

When you handled it.. what didnt you like about it? the fit on the gun? the finish? how accessories locked up to it?

I like it as far as it's not a quad rail. The Key things is whatever to me. All i'm looking to so is mount a folding front sight and a bipod to it, maybe part of the scope mount. since its a SBR i doubt i would run and gun with it ever, no need for a quad rail or really a comfortable rail. Just something to serve it's purpose.

the only reason I purchased it was 

*couldnt find anything slimmer

*extremely light

*handguard looks up well to the gun.. its solid... and the keymod stuff that I am using seams tight as well

but since none of that all really matters why not just a tube like the Troy unit.. arent they much cheaper?

the only reason I purchased it was

*couldnt find anything slimmer

*extremely light

*handguard looks up well to the gun.. its solid... and the keymod stuff that I am using seams tight as well

but since none of that all really matters why not just a tube like the Troy unit.. arent they much cheaper?

The Troy hand rails are about $200. I was leaning towards them but I seem to like the looks of this one better. Its also has a triangular shape, kind of like the MOE, which I like. I also like the slant at the end. It's about the the same price as the Troy.

Posted Image

Not any with personal experience, no. I do like the Odin 3-Gun barrels as they're guaranteed to be sub-MOA (mine certainly is as is one I sold to a close friend), come with a gas block and gas tube for under $300. They aren't a rifle length gas system though and use an intermediate gas system which is about 1" shorter than rifle. They weigh a little under 2.2lbs and are extremely well balanced.

Any experience or knowledge on the diamond head vrs-t? It says be careful with heavy barrels. Would you consider this barrel a heavy barrel?

Any experience or knowledge on the diamond head vrs-t? It says be careful with heavy barrels. Would you consider this barrel a heavy barrel?

Nope, I've never touched one. And the 3Gun barrel is anything but a heavy profile barrel so you should be fine with it. I've got one under a Centurion Arms CMR which is one of the lowest profile handguards currently available. In fact, the CMR is so low profile, most gas blocks don't work with it without grinding them down though the one that comes with the 3Gun barrel works.