16 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I'll quote the opening sentences, for emphasis...because this is how an official response to such an incident should read:

“This employee is protected under the Second Amendment. He followed all policy and procedure at the school, and in this particular case, did everything that he should have done to protect the innocent lives of the children at the school,” Lt. Brian Eynon of the Ogden City Police Department said. “And in this case, it is likely that a life was saved or injury to a life was prevented due to the actions of this heroic employee.”

Sadly, had this happened in NJ, our Governor and his lapdog AG would have made sure the teacher died in prison

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Wait... what???

....."The man then allegedly wrestled the handgun the wife was using away from her and began to point it at her, prompting the husband to shoot the man at least three times."

How did he get close enough to take it away??? Doesn't she know how to pull the trigger??

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Wait... what???

....."The man then allegedly wrestled the handgun the wife was using away from her and began to point it at her, prompting the husband to shoot the man at least three times."

How did he get close enough to take it away??? Doesn't she know how to pull the trigger??

From the story, the couple attempted to detain the creep at gun point in the yard, but he decided to leave. He was not an imminent threat so self defense would not have been justified.

They followed him and continued to attempt to detain him. While the husband was trying to summon the police the creep grabbed the wife's gun and then pointed it at her. He is now an imminent threat and the husband is justified in using lethal force to stop that threat.

Additionally, some people are not mentally prepared to shoot at another human being and that hesitation can be enough for the creep to have grabbed the gun from the wife.

Even if she was prepared, not all shots are OK to take - be aware of your target and what is beyond. They were at a gas station by now potentially with passers-by and other innocents.

Could it be that she made tactical errors? Sure - maybe she did not maintain sufficient distance. Can you say what they were? I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Additionally, some people are not mentally prepared to shoot at another human being and that hesitation can be enough for the creep to have grabbed the gun from the wife.

My point was, if you're going to point a gun at someone in self defense, you better be willing to pull the trigger... every time..

In this case, she could have easily been the dead one, if the perp pulled the trigger after grabbing the gun.

6 minutes ago, Sniper said:

My point was, if you're going to point a gun at someone in self defense, you better be willing to pull the trigger... every time..

In this case, she could have easily been the dead one, if the perp pulled the trigger after grabbing the gun.

I didn't say she wasn't willing, I said she may not have been mentally prepared to.

Most people have never even taken a sight picture with a real, breathing human being in it and I have seen people balk at just that. Pressing the trigger too takes mental preparation. She may have been absolutely ready to fire, but someone was behind the creep, or she may have hesitated.

If you're of a mindset that you're going to fire your gun because you felt the need to draw and present it, I suggest you get some training on shoot/don't-shoot/don't-shoot-yet scenarios.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I didn't say she wasn't willing, I said she may not have been mentally prepared to.

I agree with you, many are probably not mentally prepared to do so. We don't know the specifics in this incident or what she was thinking or seeing.

She put herself in a really bad situation, which hopefully she fixes with some additional training.

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

That's a contemporary urban schoolyard game.

Rock, paper, pistol.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

There's video of it out - at least the aftermath.  CCW holder telling the perp to get down on the ground on his stomach.

At least partial video: 
https://www.wbrc.com/2021/10/19/bystander-with-gun-helps-stop-suspect-pa-mall-shooting/

Also - another lady was a CCW holder but left her gun in the car

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/videos-show-park-city-shooting-aftermath-intervening-bystander-employees-customers-describe-the-scene/article_884c38a4-306c-11ec-829b-271645e75fd4.html

• Informative 1

10 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

There's video of it out - at least the aftermath.  CCW holder telling the perp to get down on the ground on his stomach.

At least partial video: 
https://www.wbrc.com/2021/10/19/bystander-with-gun-helps-stop-suspect-pa-mall-shooting/

Also - another lady was a CCW holder but left her gun in the car

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/videos-show-park-city-shooting-aftermath-intervening-bystander-employees-customers-describe-the-scene/article_884c38a4-306c-11ec-829b-271645e75fd4.html

Not valid in the PRNJ.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.