8 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

If it was a stolen car, and the owner tried to stop them by shooting at them, he's going to be charged. Especially in Philadelphia.

"Police are not yet clear on if this was a carjacking – or an attempted car theft and shooting – but these incidents have been on the minds of the public and police."

Lethal force to defend stolen property is not justified in PA. Or many other states for that matter. Definitely not in NJ.

Good shoot of the carjackers. Unfortunately the other two accomplices got away. 

Now, the family of the dead perp is calling for ‘justice’. They want the victim who shot their son to be charged with murder. 

Fuck that. You should have taught you son not to be a violent criminal, and maybe he’d still be alive. 

EA82273C-4523-4907-B10E-BDAD26371CA0.jpeg

• Agree 2
  • FacePalm 1

Rules of use of deadly force apply. Victim (meaning the guy who was carjacked), had a reasonable expectation of receiving serious bodily harm or death, being accosted by 3 men carjacking him. 

I will concede the illegal carry point. 

I believe he was defending his life, and I think that’s a perfectly justifiable conclusion to draw in this situation. 

There are a few things that don't add up here.

If it was a car jacking, who was in the targeted car? It wasn't the shooter as he was in his residence.

Has anyone ever heard of the perps trying to tow away the target vehicle in a car jacking? This sounds much more like regular theft with the owner not present.

If those two things are true, I do not think it is a self defense situation and the shooting was not legally justified.

The report says the shots were fired from inside the car owner's residence. Since when has anyone needed a carry permit inside their home?

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

The shootout is one of several recent incidents in Philadelphia in which would-be victims have fought back and turned the tables on their assailants.

On Jan. 17, a 60-year-old man with a license to carry shot an armed 16-year-old male who attempted to carjack him, FOX29 reported. The teen was wounded and later arrested.

On Jan. 10, a 32-year-old victim with a license to carry a firearm was sitting in his car when an armed 18-year-old suspect pointed a gun at him. The victim fired through the car window, hitting the suspect multiple times. The 18-year-old was later arrested.

On Jan. 3, two men carjacked a Lyft driver who also had a license to carry a firearm. The driver shot both suspects, who were each wounded and arrested shortly after the incident.

Philly Fights Back!  Love it

4 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

"Over time, Justin's obsession with the girl became worrying. She learned that her hometown friends in Naples, Florida, were selling the man photos of her and other information, including her cellphone number."

Those are some shitty friends you got there. Also I will add that clicking through to original reporting, those hometown friends were from jersy city. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.