36 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

“A man got into an argument with his girlfriend and his ex while at a family reunion before leaving with his current girlfriend, police in Illinois said”

There is a straight-line family tree joke here somewhere.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

somehow i suspect this one'll disappear fast.........

Chief: 3 dead in Indiana mall shooting; witness kills gunman (msn.com)

CNN Neglects to put that part in their title - just "Mass shooting at mall"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/17/us/indiana-greenwood-park-mall-shooting/index.html

NY Times:  "4 Killed in Indiana Mall Shooting, Officials Say"

again not in the headlines...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

CNN Neglects

Ison said the Greenwood Police Department has trained for a mass shooting scenario and has performed "multiple mall exercises" to prepare for active shooter situations.
"But I'm going to tell you, the real hero of the day is the citizen that was lawfully carrying a firearm in that food court and was able to stop this shooter almost as soon as he began," Ison said.

I'm surprised CNN included that quote.  Headline scanners that don't bother to read the full story will never see it, but good on CNN for even including it.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

CNN Neglects to put that part in their title - just "Mass shooting at mall"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/17/us/indiana-greenwood-park-mall-shooting/index.html

NY Times:  "4 Killed in Indiana Mall Shooting, Officials Say"

again not in the headlines...

15 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Ison said the Greenwood Police Department has trained for a mass shooting scenario and has performed "multiple mall exercises" to prepare for active shooter situations.
"But I'm going to tell you, the real hero of the day is the citizen that was lawfully carrying a firearm in that food court and was able to stop this shooter almost as soon as he began," Ison said.

I'm surprised CNN included that quote.  Headline scanners that don't bother to read the full story will never see it, but good on CNN for even including it.

Read the bold underlined comment in the second quote above.

We now can get carry permits in NJ.  Many on this forum have carried on non-resident permits in other.  A statement often made is I carry to protect my family and myself.  I'm not getting involved if we're safe.  Not only here but on other forums as well.

What if this good guy at the mall had the same attitude?  The outcome would have been totally different.

Could you standby in such a situation and see innocent people be killed if you were safe.

Food for thought.

Armed bystander shot and killed the mall shooter in 15 seconds. And the bystander hit him eight times.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/multiple-victims-reported-in-shooting-at-greenwood-park-mall/531-df15bbf5-8eca-4220-b149-7de4735fbe37

15 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Armed bystander shot and killed the mall shooter in 15 seconds. And the bystander hit him eight times.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/multiple-victims-reported-in-shooting-at-greenwood-park-mall/531-df15bbf5-8eca-4220-b149-7de4735fbe37

3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

'Senseless killings': Police release new details in Greenwood Park Mall shooting (yahoo.com)

"Minutes before 6 p.m., Dicken “engaged” the shooter, police said, and fired several rounds at the assailant who tried to retreat into the bathroom.

Police said 24 rounds were fired by the shooter in all. Dicken fired 10."

Hopefully he had a standard capacity mag and had 5 more ready.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:47 PM, Krdshrk said:

Mike Glover, former Army Ranger (& thanks btw to @High Exposure for turning me onto to his channels - they are all very good!) is now doing the "Eli Drill" - (love that measure of respect btw!) As you watch this bonafide special ops guy having to run through the drill a few times himself to get a group he was satisfied with in under 15 seconds... and you SEE with your own eyes just how far that distance is... and you realize that this young 22-year-old kid, without benefit of all the military experience Glover has, under extreme emotional duress, having time only to react rather than think it through, trying to wave innocents out of the way at the same time - holy cow, for me, this video really drove home what phenomenal shooting that really was! I'm amazed.

Anyone criticizing this young man's action, like those hosts of The View... well, they're just too stupid - and disrespectful - for words! This guy was a hero in every sense of the word. Eli was the right guy... at the right time... and he saved lives. Honestly? He should get some kind of Presidential civilian honor, but you know that would never happen under this current administration.

(85) The Eli Drill - YouTube

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Mike Glover, former Army Ranger (& thanks btw to @High Exposure for turning me onto to his channels - they are all very good!) is now doing the "Eli Drill" - (love that measure of respect btw!) As you watch this bonafide special ops guy having to run through the drill a few times himself to get a group he was satisfied with in under 15 seconds... and you SEE with your own eyes just how far that distance is... and you realize that this young 22-year-old kid, without benefit of all the military experience Glover has, under extreme emotional duress, having time only to react rather than think it through, trying to wave innocents out of the way at the same time - holy cow, for me, this video really drove home what phenomenal shooting that really was! I'm amazed.

Anyone criticizing this young man's action, like those hosts of The View... well, they're just too stupid - and disrespectful - for words! This guy was a hero in every sense of the word. Eli was the right guy... at the right time... and he saved lives. Honestly? He should get some kind of Presidential civilian honor, but you know that would never happen under this current administration.

(85) The Eli Drill - YouTube

What is bugging me about these drills is there has been nothing said about how long Eli took to finish the engagement. It was 15 seconds to understand the situation and fire his first shot. I have seen nothing to say the last shot was within that 15 seconds. Was his reaction outstanding? Yes, without a doubt. Was it effective? Also yes, without a doubt. Was it all over in that first 15 seconds? Unknown at this point.

The Chief’s statement was the bad guy was “Neutralized” in 15 seconds. To me that means he has “changed shape” and stopped being a threat. Based on photos of the bad guy on the ground and the position of his feet, it looks like he took a CNS hit that shut the lights off.

W3Abt1Y.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 7/20/2022 at 10:55 AM, CMJeepster said:

Been thinking about this one lately. Anyone notice the complete lack of the media saturation of the killer?
I STILL see the Highland Park shooter's face in headline news. MSM is an enemy of the people.

14 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Been thinking about this one lately. Anyone notice the complete lack of the media saturation of the killer?
I STILL see the Highland Park shooter's face in headline news. MSM is an enemy of the people.

Doesn't fit the "media" narrative.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:32 PM, High Exposure said:

The Chief’s statement was the bad guy was “Neutralized” in 15 seconds. To me that means he has “changed shape” and stopped being a threat. Based on photos of the bad guy on the ground and the position of his feet, it looks like he took a CNS hit that shut the lights off.

W3Abt1Y.jpg

Boebert introducing resolution honoring Indiana mall hero, no Democrats sign on (yahoo.com)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.