Why is it that we don't hear more about defensive firearm use?  All that I ever see are reports about offensive / criminal use of firearms...

Why don't we highlight some examples of defensive use of firearms?

------

Detroit Thugs Shoot Grandma Three Times – Seconds Later, They Learn Why Her Nickname Is Now ‘Rambo’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/08/detroit-thugs-shoot-grandma-three-times-seconds-later-they-learn-why-her-nickname-is-now-rambo/

"A pair of Detroit thugs obviously had no idea who they were messing with when they targeted Paris Ainsworth, a 51-year-old grandma who carries a .45 caliber handgun. There’s a reason her siblings now jokingly refer to her as “Rambo.”

Ainsworth had just arrived home after working a grueling double shift on Saturday night when she noticed two men moving closer to her as she was preparing to exit her car. Sensing possible danger, she pulled out her .45 caliber handgun and put it in her pocket. She got her concealed carry permit about two years ago.

As it turned out, Ainsworth’s gut feeling about the men was correct.

One of the men reportedly told her, “Don’t pull it,” and then started shooting. Ainsworth was reportedly shot three times in the side and once in the hand. The woman then pulled her .45 and started blasting away at the violent thugs.

“I said, ‘You mother (expletive),’ and pulled out (my gun) and started shooting,” she told WDIV-TV.

Both of her attackers were later arrested after they checked in at Sinai-Grace Hospital to receive treatment for gunshot wounds. One of the men was reportedly shot in both of his legs.

Ainsworth, who was also attacked by an armed mugger roughly a decade ago, knows the too well the importance of being able to defend yourself. The grandmother of four owns two handguns and trains with them on a regular basis.

“If I wouldn’t have had my gun, I would be dead today,” she said, adding that the man who shot her “just had the devil in him.” "

In NJ, if you use deadly force for protecting you or your family in self defense, you WILL be treated like a criminal, arrested, and likely prosecuted. There will be a report in the media about it in a negative tone, and even if you prove your innocence and avoid conviction, there will be no follow-up retracting what they said about you in the first place.

• Like 2

There are many, many instances of people using firearms defensively. Recently a complete stranger helped a woman in a Houston parking lot that was in the process of being robbed. Good stories don't hold the nations attention.....or fit the social agenda of convinving the general populace that guns are bad and only professionsal (police/gov/army) should be allowed to have.

There are many, many instances of people using firearms defensively. Recently a complete stranger helped a woman in a Houston parking lot that was in the process of being robbed. Good stories don't hold the nations attention.....or fit the social agenda of convinving the general populace that guns are bad and only professionsal (police/gov/army) should be allowed to have.

Precisely this.  The National MSM doesn't want you to see those stories, unless they can spin them in a way that facilitates their anti-gun agenda (i.e. the defender screwed something up but survived anyway...) :facepalm:

Not for nothin' but grandma is lucky to be alive. More likely than not if she didn't draw down on these guys who already had a weapon trained on her, she would have lost her wallet and not suffered multiple bullet wounds. Having a gun can definitely save your life, but making a bad decision with one can just as easily put you in jeopardy.

I'm actually glad that this particular story isn't getting much coverage I'm sure there are plenty that could make the case in a better way.

Not for nothin' but grandma is lucky to be alive. More likely than not if she didn't draw down on these guys who already had a weapon trained on her, she would have lost her wallet and not suffered multiple bullet wounds. Having a gun can definitely save your life, but making a bad decision with one can just as easily put you in jeopardy. I'm actually glad that this particular story isn't getting much coverage I'm sure there are plenty that could make the case in a better way.

They were already shooting at her before she drew her firearm. What did you expect her to do, kneel down and ask to be killed? This is IMO a WONDERFUL story. The only downside is that the two vermin lived.

They were already shooting at her before she drew her firearm. What did you expect her to do, kneel down and ask to be killed? This is IMO a WONDERFUL story. The only downside is that the two vermin lived.

You're right, my bad. Though I'm betting if they said "don't pull it, not only did she give away she had a gun, she made a move for it as well. Seems logical with the aholes saying "don't pull it".

Not for nothin' but grandma is lucky to be alive. More likely than not if she didn't draw down on these guys who already had a weapon trained on her, she would have lost her wallet and not suffered multiple bullet wounds. Having a gun can definitely save your life, but making a bad decision with one can just as easily put you in jeopardy. I'm actually glad that this particular story isn't getting much coverage I'm sure there are plenty that could make the case in a better way.

And, based on your logic above, I think the natl. media *would* pick up this story and spin it exactly the way you did above.  Remember, "Guns are BAAAAAADDD!" :facepalm:

You're right, my bad. Though I'm betting if they said "don't pull it, not only did she give away she had a gun, she made a move for it as well. Seems logical with the aholes saying "don't pull it".

The rarest of all forum posts! Thanks!

You can't blame her for suspecting something was wrong and reaching for her gun. They saw it, maybe, or perhaps they knew she was armed. 

You don't hear about them because MSM is full of liberals and to liberals gun control means that a women dead in an alley raped and strangled with her own pantyhose is somehow morally superior to the woman explaining to the police why she shot her attacker to death

You don't hear about them because MSM is full of liberals and to liberals gun control means that a women dead in an alley raped and strangled with her own pantyhose is somehow morally superior to the woman explaining to the police why she shot her attacker to death

Exactly, and the reason is because the liberals place more value on the offender's rights than that of the victim.

• Like 1

In NJ, if you use deadly force for protecting you or your family in self defense, you WILL be treated like a criminal, arrested, and likely prosecuted. There will be a report in the media about it in a negative tone, and even if you prove your innocence and avoid conviction, there will be no follow-up retracting what they said about you in the first place.

That all depends on the totality of the circumstances.

http://www.modbee.com/2014/05/27/3359314/california-man-shoots-kills-1.html

California man shoots, kills 1 of home intruders

OROSI, Calif. — A man defended his three younger siblings in a shootout inside their Central California home early Tuesday, killing one intruder and sending a second to the hospital with serious injuries, officials said.

Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux said the 22-year-old man defending his family was also shot in the early morning gun battle but expected to survive after undergoing surgery. Investigators continue to search for one or two more suspects. Boudreaux said the multiple bullet holes the family's home showed signs of a violent exchange.

"I can tell you, this was a gun battle," he said, expressing praise for the man who defended his family. "He was in a fight for his life inside his own home."

Boudreaux said the man was asleep at the home in rural Tulare County near the community of Orosi. At about 5:30 a.m., Boudreaux said he heard somebody kicking down the door, so he took his siblings — ages 8 to 18 — into another room. He grabbed a gun and the shooting started.

Arriving to the home, deputies found one of the intruders dead on the front driveway. Boudreaux said a video surveillance camera captured the injured suspect being dropped off at a hospital by an Astro minivan. The suspect underwent surgery and remains in serious condition, said Boudreaux, adding that none of the younger siblings was hurt.

Investigators said it was too early to determine if there was a past history between the intruders and the family, or if drug and gang ties may have led to the encounter.

The estimates run 1 million to 3 million per year depending on the study. One of the reasons you don't hear about it much is the vast majority of defensive handgun uses do not involve a shot being fired and the majority of those aren't even reported to police. But even when they are reported to police they would rarely make the news.

A few more:

"Wanna Bet? Would-Be Robber Loses Wager With Armed Man"  http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/20/wanna-bet-would-be-robber-loses-wager-with-armed-man/

"Man With Knife Approaches Father And Daughter — Father Pulls Gun"  http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/20/man-with-knife-approaches-father-and-daughter-father-pulls-gun/

"Store Owner Gets Burglar’s Attention With .22 Semi-Automatic"  http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/17/73-year-old-man-gets-burglars-attention-with-22-semi-automatic/

Coming soon to a state near you, Assault Back Scratchers ban!

"63-Year-Old Woman Fights Off Robber Using Wooden Back Scratcher"  https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/patty-don-kearney-indiana-wooden-back-scratcher-woman-fights-robber-160411991.html

Yup... this just trended to the top of Yahoo.  The underlying message being, I believe, "You don't need guns to defend yourself. You can use a backscratcher..." :facepalm:

And, based on your logic above, I think the natl. media *would* pick up this story and spin it exactly the way you did above. Remember, "Guns are BAAAAAADDD!" :facepalm:

No. The official anti line that must be towed is that your gun will be taken from you and used against you.

http://6abc.com/news/police-store-owner-shoots-knife-wielding-robber/135066/

Philly woman kills an ex-con that robbed her store. She is a retire LEO. I thought the liberal media says that guns are never used to save lives? She is living proof of it. The ex-con had a knife to her throat.

NJ allows us to be victims. You would think with all the crime in this state the people would be fed up with these crimimals running wild and would want to have CCW in this state to protect ourselves.

S.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/70213-philly-woman-shoots-and-kills-robber/

"Veteran With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots Back At Chicago Gunman"

http://news.yahoo.com/veteran-concealed-carry-permit-shoots-back-chicago-gunman-031804649.html

"Had Friday’s shooting occurred a little more than a year ago, the veteran would not have been legally permitted to conceal carry his firearm..."

And they won't go as far as to say defend himself and his friends.  Ugh.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.