Don't bring a knife to a gunfight...

"Man pulls 13-inch knife during fight at Northeast Philadelphia Pathmark, gets shot"

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/Man-shot-in-apparent-self-defense-outside-Northeast-Philadelphia-Pathmark.html

"Pulls" a 13-inch knife?

Excuse me while I whip this out!

Police say a masturbating intruder is in critical condition after he was shot by an apartment resident in Bensalem.

Bensalem police said officers were called to the Franklin Common Apartments on Bobolink Drive at about 8:35 p.m. Sunday, when a woman reported that a man broke through a sliding glass door and was masturbating on the deck of her second-floor apartment.

The woman called 911 and fled to a neighboring apartment while the man jumped out of a bedroom window and entered another apartment, police said.

The suspect, identified as 21-year-old Angel Suarez Medero, assaulted two people inside the second apartment, police said. One of the residents then shot him twice.

Police said the struggle between the resident and Suarez Medero continued until the suspect was subdued by responding officers.

Suarez Medero was taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital in critical condition. He's expected to be charged with burglary, assault and other offenses.

Authorities said the resident who shot the intruder was cooperating with police and the investigation into the incident was continuing.

122914-AngelSuarezMedero.jpg

Until Monday, Angel Suarez was known around the racetrack as the horse-whispering whiz kid.

Just 21, the quiet jockey based at Parx Racing won so many races - and millions of dollars - two years ago that he drew national notice as one of the sport's top apprentices. That he'd come late to racing made his success even more astounding.

"He had no racing background," his former agent, Donna Servis, told the Daily Racing Form in 2013. "He woke up one day, told his mom he wanted to be a jockey, and she said, 'What?' He was very smart in school, and she thought he'd be a doctor. It's a Cinderella story, except it's all true."

But the fairy tale came to a bloody, bizarre end Sunday night in a blizzard of glass and gunfire. Bensalem police say Suarez climbed onto a second-floor deck at the Franklin Commons Apartments on Bobolink Drive about 8:35 p.m., where he masturbated until a woman inside discovered him and called 9-1-1.

As the woman ran to a neighbor's apartment, Suarez busted through her sliding glass door, fled outside again by diving out her second-floor bedroom window and then broke into another nearby apartment, where he assaulted two people, said Lt. William McVey of Bensalem Police.

One resident grabbed his legally registered gun and shot Suarez in the chest and abdomen. Even then, Suarez didn't stop struggling until police subdued him, McVey said.

He remains in critical condition at Aria Health's Torresdale campus. He'll face burglary, assault and related charges once his condition improves, McVey said.

Dave Yannuzzi, Suarez's current agent, said Suarez is in an induced coma and has undergone surgery - and faces further operations - to repair injuries to his liver and pancreas.

Suarez lives with his girlfriend, a jockey at Penn National Race Course, in the same apartment complex as the break-ins, Yannuzzi said.

As news of the night's mayhem reached the Parx backstretch, many who know Suarez tried to make sense of something so surreal.

"It's not him; it's not characteristic of him," said Tommy Pointer, an agent who represented him for a year. "The kid lives and breathes horses. He's one of the greatest, nicest, most well-spoken and clean-cut kids you'll ever meet in your life. I don't think I ever even heard the kid cuss. I'm floored by this. I can't believe it, and I've been around the racetrack a long time."

Yannuzzi agreed: "He looks like a freaking altar boy. And he's nicer than he looks."

Reached Monday, Servis declined to comment, saying only, "He's a sweetheart and an excellent jockey."

Pointer, Yannuzzi and others speculated that Suarez used some substance like bath salts or PCP, notorious for turning users into rampaging maniacs, even as they swore he wasn't known to dabble in drugs.

"I said to my wife, if you had told me this yesterday, I would have bet you 100 to 10 that the kid never smoked a joint," Yannuzzi said.

Pointer said, "The kid weighs 110 pounds and he took two .45-caliber bullets. Who gets shot twice with a .45 and keeps fighting? He had to be on something."

Yannuzzi said Suarez's girlfriend told him he was acting oddly and nursing a red drink when he briefly stopped home before setting off on his alleged crime spree.

McVey said toxicology tests are routine in such incidents, but results could take days to weeks.

"But we have no evidence of that at this point," McVey said. "That's no excuse anyway if you were under the influence of something when you commit an F-1 felony [the highest grade]. He was extremely dangerous. He was quite a bit to handle for us and everyone he came into contact with."

Suarez, a Puerto Rico native whose full name is Angel Suarez Medero, first rode professionally in 2012 - and did so well he was named an Eclipse Award finalist for outstanding apprentice jockey. He had 923 mounts with 151 wins that year, earning more than $3.4 million in purse earnings for his owners - more than any other rookie nationally.

Last year, he had 770 rides with 88 wins, and this year, 539 mounts, with 58 wins. He was scheduled for four rides yesterday and four more today. Besides Parx, he also rode at Penn National, outside Harrisburg.

He won Sunday's seventh race at Parx on a horse named England, about five hours before he allegedly went berserk on Bobolink Drive.

Bensalem police ask anyone with information about Suarez or Sunday's incident to call them at (215) 633-3719.

A dachshund who lived in the first apartment Suarez allegedly broke into has been missing since the attack. Anyone who finds the dog also is urged to call police to help reunite the dog and owner.

011813_angel-suarez_600.jpg

"Robber’s Famous Last Words: ‘I Thought You Couldn’t Own A Gun In New Jersey’ " 

http://alternativemediasyndicate.com/2015/01/19/robbers-famous-last-words-i-thought-you-couldnt-own-a-gun-in-new-jersey/

"New Jersey is notorious for having some of the strictest gun regulations in the nation. The robber apparently thought that meant there was no legal way for his would-be victims to arm themselves."

------

Good for the store owner, but the rest of use are still sitting ducks.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/28138151/update-suspect-shot-during-robbery-in-pinch-wv-dies-from-injuries-video-surveillance-shooting-death

Defensive gun use in West Virginia. Involving a pharmacist and several customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wowktv.com/story/28138151/update-suspect-shot-during-robbery-in-pinch-wv-dies-from-injuries-video-surveillance-shooting-death

Defensive gun use in West Virginia. Involving a pharmacist and several customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

"Gunman Shot Dead Inside West Philadelphia Barbershop"  http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/03/22/man-shot-dead-inside-west-philadelphia-barbershop/

"PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say the lives of several people were likely saved by a man who shot and killed a gunman inside a West Philadelphia barbershop."

“The person who responded was a legal gun permit carrier,” said Philadelphia Police Captain Frank Llewellyn. “He responded and I guess he saved a lot of people in there.”

This one should be forwarded to Christie.

Today's installment features a video from South African where a couple were being robbed by a gang that had knives and electrical cord and were ready to tie them up and do who knows what, until the girlfriend woke up and chased the invaders out of the house.

http://youtu.be/EybxmPaSR6A

And for those that believe only the police should be allowed to carry firearms.

"Witness Pulled Gun On Burglary Suspect Who Was Beating OKC Officer"  http://www.news9.com/story/29008359/witness-pulled-gun-on-burglary-suspect-who-was-beating-okc-officer

"An armed witness may have been the only thing that kept that officer from a more serious beating, or worse."

Florida man took bad drug, broke out of ambulance and was killed after trying to break into house: police

BY Joel Landau

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 4:31 PM

Jarod Clemons, 27, was shot by a home owner when he tried to break into a home. He told police he had taken a bad "Molly," a synthetic drug similar to Ecstasy.

A Florida man who asked for help from police after taking a bad drug then broke out of an ambulance taking him to the hospital and ended up dead when he was shot by the owner of a home he tried to break into, police said.

Jarod Clemons' demise began early Wednesday morning when the 27-year-old jumped out of his girlfriend's car in Havana, Fla., and started running down a street. He ended up banging on the door of a house claiming police were after him.

The resident did not open the door. A stolen gun was later found on the steps of the home.

So Clemons, sweating heavily, started removing his clothes and ran to a police station. He begged officers for help and said he took a bad "Molly," the nickname for a synthetic drug called MDMA that is similar to Ecstasy.

Clemons also told officers he tried to get help at a church and left a gun there, reports TV Station WTXL.

Clemons was placed into an ambulance and driven to a hospital in Tallahassee, which is about 17 miles away.

He was placed into an ambulance but broke out of the vehicle and ran down a street in Tallahassee, Fla., where he was killed.

But en route he became agitated and demanded to be released from the vehicle, Tallahassee police said.

The driver stopped the ambulance and Clemons opened the rear door after a struggle with the EMT. He then started running down a street and attempted to break into a house on the 2600 block of Thomasville Road, police said.

But he was shot by a homeowner that confronted him and Clemons died from the single gunshot wound, police said.

The department has not announced any charges.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.