http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/us/deadly-st-louis-home-invasion/

St. Louis boy, 11, left alone with sister shoots and kills persistent teen intruder

(CNN)An 11-year-old left at home to defend himself and his 4-year-old sister staved off several home invasion attempts before finally shooting and killing a 16-year-old intruder, police say.

Police officers arrived after 2 p.m. Thursday to the home on Hallwood Drive in north St. Louis County to discover the body of a 16-year-old lying in the front foyer.

The boy, whose name has not been released, had been shot in the head while breaking into the home, according to police. He was shot by the 11-year-old boy who lived inside, and who -- along with his 4-year-old sister -- had been left there alone.

Sgt. Brian Schellman said it was third time that the 16-year-old had attempted to break into that house that day. Neither sibling was hurt in the incident.

It wasn't immediately known Thursday why the two were left alone in the first place or why an 11-year-old had access to a firearm, but police said the mother was cooperating with the investigation.

CNN affiliate KTVI/KPLR reported the mother, whose name has not been released, purchased the handgun because of prior attempted break-ins.

It is the third deadly incident involving children and guns in that section of St. Louis in recent weeks.

On August 18, 9-year-old Jamyla Bolden was shot and killed while doing homework while lying in her mother's bed.

A week later, 21-month-old Carter Epps died after being shot in the torso.

"Young Mom Shot in Home Invasion Fires Back, Protects Baby" http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/06/mom-shot-home-invasion-fires-back-protects-her-baby

Brave lady !!  I hope she makes a full recovery . I hope the three scumbags get what they deserve.

Great job by the workers in the store, who knows how that would have ended....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-robbers-shot-cell-phone-store-20160113-story.html

The employee shot both of the suspects, but they fled the store, got in a car and drove themselves to the hospital, Tadros said. At the time the suspects brandished weapons, employees acted, “pretty much to protect themselves when guns are drawn at them,” Tadros said.

“Thank God for concealed carry.”

Woman suffered a heart attack after her son shot dead two 'armed intruders' with an old hunting rifle during home invasion

By Myriah Towner For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 10:55 EST, 15 January 2016 | Updated: 16:29 EST, 15 January 2016

A woman suffered a heart attack after her son grabbed a rifle and shot dead two men who were attempting to break into his suburban Atlanta home, police said.

Timoteo Hernandez, 28, shot and killed the intruders during the home invasion on Wednesday, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

His 51-year-old mother Ramona Derossette, who was visiting from Tennessee, suffered a heart attack and was transported to Emory Hospital where she underwent surgery.

Timoteo Hernandez (pictured left following the attack and right), 28, of Georgia shot and killed the intruders during the home invasion on Wednesday. His 51-year-old mother Ramona Derossette, who was visiting from Tennessee, suffered a heart attack

Suspect Anthony Hubbard, 44, was shot in the chest on Wednesday before he died from his injuries in hospital on Thursday. The other suspect, who has not been identified, was pronounced dead at the scene

Her condition was not immediately released but she is expected to make a full recovery.

Hernandez said his mother had cooked chili for him and they had sat down to eat when they heard a knock on the door.

'When I opened the door, these two guys stormed in with guns and started pistol-whipping me and took me to the ground,' Hernandez told CBS46.

Hernandez said one of the intruders went after his mother, who was trying to escape, and started pistol whipping and kicking her side.

Hernandez said his mother had cooked chili for him and they had sat down to eat when they heard a knock on the door before the two men stormed inside his home with guns

He said that his attacker forced him through the house at gunpoint and demanded money before he allegedly threw Hernandez to the ground in the guest bedroom and pointed a gun to his head.

That is when Hernandez fought back, grabbing his father's old hunting rifle that had been stashed away in the room, according to CBS46.

'He put a gun to my head and I just started fighting back,' he said.

Officers arrived shortly after 5pm where they found one of the suspects lying face down in the front yard of a neighbor's home where he collapsed after fleeing, according to the AJC.

The suspect, who has not been identified, was 'bleeding heavily from the head and not breathing,' police said before he was pronounced dead at the scene by medical emergency services.

Officers arrived shortly after 5pm where they found one of the suspects lying face down in the front yard (pictured) of a neighbor's home where he collapsed after fleeing. He was pronounced dead by medical emergency services

Police said the second suspect, Hubbard, was wounded when he fled in a car driven by Chernika Marks, 25, who drove him to nearby fast-food restaurant Zaxby's where she called for help in the parking lot

DeKalb County police spokesman Maj. Stephen Fore said in a statement that a second suspect Anthony Hubbard, 44, of Conyers was shot in the chest on Wednesday and died from his injuries on Thursday at a hospital.

Police said he was wounded when he fled in a car driven by Chernika Marks, 25, who drove him to nearby fast-food restaurant Zaxby's where she called for help in the parking lot.

When police and emergency responders arrived at the scene, Hubbard was lying face up with an open chest wound, according to the AJC.

He was taken to Grady Hospital where he was listed in critical condition before he died.

Authorities believe the two suspects were trying to impersonate police officers as police badges and zip ties were found at the scene.

A woman believed to be an accomplice has been charged with murder, aggravated assault and armed robbery. Authorities said it is unlikely that Hernandez will face criminal charges

Following the incident, Marks has been charged with murder, aggravated assault and armed robbery.

Authorities said it is unlikely that Hernandez will face criminal charges.

Hernandez has since set up a Gofundme account to raise money for his mother's medical bills as she does not have insurance.

Following the terrifying ordeal, he said that he is grateful he had protection during the home invasion, but said that that he never wanted to kill anyone.

'I feel like if I hadn't had the gun in there, this whole news story would be about me and my mother being dead in this house,' he told CBS46.

He added: 'I never want to hurt anybody like that, but they put me in a situation, and I only reacted to it... I had to protect my family.'

North Carolina woman shoots and kills intruder she found holding her iPad inside her home

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/robeson-county-woman-shoots-kills-intruder/article_fca56305-c3e4-5994-bd48-ae11cc6046e3.html

A North Carolina woman shot and killed a man who she found holding her iPad after he broke into her home, police said Friday.

The woman and her toddler left the house in Robeson County to run an errand, and when they returned found an unfamiliar silver Jeep Wrangler in the driveway.

The Jeep had been reported stolen more than 30 miles away in Hoke County, Robeson County Sheriff's Office spokesman Maj. Anthony Thomspon told The Fayetteville Observer.

Police received an alarm activation signaling that someone had broken into the home, but the woman returned to her house before officers arrived on the scene.

A North Carolina woman shot and killed a man who she found holding her iPad after he broke into her Robeson County home (pictured) on Friday

When she saw the Jeep the woman, who is a military wife, entered the home with her handgun and that's when she saw the man coming down the hallway, according to Thompson.

'She looked at him, he looked at her. He had her iPad in his hand. She started shooting,' Thompson said.

Officers struggled to identify the man, who Thompson said was not carrying identification.

The Robeson County Sheriff's Office said no charges are expected to be filed against the woman but the district attorney will make the final decision.

The name of the woman and the man she shot have not been released.

Stories like that last one allow anti-gun people to portray gun owners as irresponsible.  The way I read it, there's no way a life should have

been taken in that situation.  She did so many things wrong.  

When she saw the Jeep, she should have stayed out of her home and awaited the

arrival of the police.  And to shoot someone who is holding her IPad, unless he had a gun in his other hand, is just despicable.  

Ultimately, it's gonna be up to the discretion -- and the interpretation of NC law -- by the local District Attorney/Prosecutor, who is still "investigating" this incident.

I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that the shooter is ultimately charged with manslaughter. 

Also remember, NJ has no such law -- deadly force is only justified when serious bodily injury is imminent or you reasonably fear that your life is in danger and you have no escape.  But morally, it's hard to justify a death sentence for a burglar -- maybe under a Taliban or ISIS regime but we are more civilized -- that's just not who we are here in the the United States of America.

:good:

Ultimately, it's gonna be up to the discretion -- and the interpretation of NC law -- by the local District Attorney/Prosecutor, who is still "investigating" this incident.

I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that the shooter is ultimately charged with manslaughter. 

Also remember, NJ has no such law -- deadly force is only justified when serious bodily injury is imminent or you reasonably fear that your life is in danger and you have no escape.  But morally, it's hard to justify a death sentence for a burglar -- maybe under a Taliban or ISIS regime but we are more civilized -- that's just not who we are here in the the United States of America.

:good:

I beg to differ ! I consider breaking and entering or a home invasion  a  domestic  act of terrorism. And my interpretation of fearing for my life may differ for yours . 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.