More women buying guns to defend themselves: "The world is changing" (msn.com)

Last year, one-third of all first-time gun buyers in the U.S. were women, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation. The trade association said there's been a 77% rise in female gun ownership from 2005 to 2020.

------

Bravo!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:19 AM, CMJeepster said:

It seems like the clerk shot the armed robber (and a bystander) after the robber got the money and was leaving. If true, it seems to me that the armed robber was no longer a threat to the clerk since he was leaving and the clerk was not justified in shooting.  

1 hour ago, ESB said:

It seems like the clerk shot the armed robber (and a bystander) after the robber got the money and was leaving. If true, it seems to me that the armed robber was no longer a threat to the clerk since he was leaving and the clerk was not justified in shooting.  

I was about to say same thing 

Shawn Sutton wrapped a pair of women’s underwear around his neck and face and pulled a gun on the store clerk demanding money.

Not the brightest I see. Doesn't the robber's manual say to wear stockings or a ski mask but women's underwear around the neck........

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2023 at 2:31 PM, CMJeepster said:

This is why practicing with your firearm is important. Wonder how far was the perp for him to miss. Maybe he was just firing off a warning shot?

Other issue is if he's shooting him while his back is turned there's a chance the homeowner could be charged. Anyone got legal guidance on this? Justified if shot in the garage but in the back?

12 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

Other issue is if he's shooting him while his back is turned there's a chance the homeowner could be charged. Anyone got legal guidance on this? Justified if shot in the garage but in the back?

I'll be monitoring the story to find out what comes of this, but IMO, "they" won't let the defensive firearm use story show that the homeowner was justified in their actions.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.