Thank you all for the explanation. I do understand now. What might an exception be for more than one in a month? A matched set perhaps?

That would possibly be an example. Or an estate sale collection. Maybe an auction lot would be another.

That would possibly be an example. Or an estate sale collection. Maybe an auction lot would be another.

The only explanation you need is "enhancing your collection". I have used an exemption to pick up several pistols with no reason other than I don't want to wait for ogam. From what I have heard from several ffls the sp deny hardly any exemption forms.

The only explanation you need is "enhancing your collection". I have used an exemption to pick up several pistols with no reason other than I don't want to wait for ogam. From what I have heard from several ffls the sp deny hardly any exemption forms.

Good to know, never tried to use the exemption.

What money order?  I did my applications back in early March -- the new online 212 eliminated the need for a money order since you pay by credit card online

I was required to pay $6 in cash -- $2 cash for each permit -- to my local PD

Money order for the permit, $2 per. NJSP will not accept credit card, cash or personal check. MO only. Criminals are allowed to choose form of payment to pay fines. Law abiding gun owners, being worse than a criminal, do not have that option.

I assume that you're referencing the payment of fines.

For example, NJ Municipal Court fines (predominantly motor vehicle violations including DWI and related penalties:

http://njcourts.judiciary.state.nj.us/njmcdirect/atswepr2/home.do

Search of NJ courts site re: payment of penalties (results are PDFs)

http://search.judiciary.state.nj.us:83/search?q=penalty+payment&btnG=Search&ie=UTF-8&site=Judiciary_collection&output=xml_no_dtd&client=default_frontend&lr=&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&oe=UTF-8

Woodbridge:

http://www.twp.woodbridge.nj.us/Departments/MunicpalCourt/MotorVehicleInformation/PaymentInformation/tabid/728/Default.aspx

I did see that some towns will accept a personal check. NJSP will not. So I am forced to pay an additional fee for the money order.

Not sure anyone mentioned or i may have my chemo brain tonight but for those new to multiple handgun applications you can apply for that as well, now im not sure but some FFL i ran into (she) said a person can apply for as many as 100 handguns which is EXEMPT from the one hand gun a month (30 days) .  but if im wrong with this message i brought here about the 100 guns, please someone correct me so i can correct the woman who told me, but then her husband agreed to it as well, then again i dont take them seriously about much of what there are suppose to know. ok done, but im doing the multiple now for 20 weapons and hope it goes thru soon as my chemo treatments are coming soon.   god bless us and country.