Thank you all for coming last night. I had a lot of fun, it was a great class and we had a lot of good information exchange. I read the reviews, I had discussions with a few of you, and I'm going to take all of your suggestions and see what we can do about a fully hands on, scenario driven course now that you have the knowledge base and familiarity with the materials. Thank you all again for allowing us to teach you.

It was a great course.  Well worth the price of admission I assure anyone who is on the fence about it.  Just getting some confidence in future choices for some first aid gear made it well worth it to me.  Thumbs up to David for stepping up and offering this service to forum members.

Thanks to David and Mike for a great class. Definitely gave me some basic skills understanding and confidence to help someone if things go sideways. This is a great resource available to us that we won't find many other places. Believe me, I've been trying for over a year! Anyone in the shooting sports should be investing in this insurance policy.

Thanks again Wikkie and I'm definitely looking forward to a hands on, scenario based class

Also attended the course last night.  As the others said it was a great basic skills class to assess your gear and learn what is needed as a first response to traumatic injuries.  It was great to have an explanation of what actually happens during a GSW to your torso or extremity, and the different ways to treat it.  Then it went a step further and showed us the different brands/products available to treat the various wound types and they gave demo's on how to use them. 

The class shed a new light for me on what to have at a bare minimum while at the range/in your car to be prepared for an emergency. 

The class is definitely a value at $100/ 4 hours compared to classes at other venues.  I would take further classes in specific categories if offered. 

Nice meeting you all today. Thanks for attending and I'm glad that we were able to share knowledge and develop a comfort level with some medical equipment. If you'd like to share your thoughts on the program for the rest of the members, feel free to write up an AAR.

Thanks for the class,  it was well worthwhile.  

Look,  here's why you might want to take this course.  Have you ever stood by helplessly while someone was physically hurt?  Most people freeze up,  so do I.  Except I've had some training and I always step in.  I get sick later.  I remember the body of a young girl being pulled from a pool.  I watched the crowd stare and nobody move.  They trained me a million times in the USN on what to do.  My mind wanted to go the opposite direction but my legs walked toward the victum.  The kid is OK.

Because of this class I have the idea of what to do for a sucking chest wound.  For a few dollars you can save someone's life,  perhaps,  or keep them from suffering too much until the right people show up.  I said it in the class and I'll say it here. I don't want to save anyone,  but for some unknown reason I never run away,  and now I can't run away because I may be the only person who has an idea of what to do.

I'll make you an offer,  if you are a young family guy or gal,  or you're just starting out in life I'll pay the fee for your class, PM me. Only one person please. 

Thanks for the great class.

Brief review:

The class started promptly at 930 and after the short introduction we got right into the course content. This is the perfect class for anyone involved in the shooting sports because their are real world examples of what works and what doesn't in regards to wound care.

Where this class really differentiates itself is the teaching style. Instead of a 5 hour didactic course where you take notes in hope of retaining some information and one day being able to use those skills in a hands on environment, once the short powerpoint is finished the students apply all of the skills learned to see what works for them and what doesn't.

This seems to have been the theme throughout the whole class. Find out what you like and what works for you. It was stressed that if you don't like the way a certain product works, don't buy it because you wont be comfortable with it or it wont get used. Along the same lines, it was also stressed that all the skills were going to be explained to everyone, but it was your decision if you were comfortable enough to practice them in field.

During the hands on portion, the selection of equipment encompassed just about everything that is on the market. Being able to handle and try each of the products led each individual to decide which product worked best for them instead of the class pushing a specific brand or product. The instructor neutrality made the decision making process about changes I'm going to make to my personal rig much easier.

Overall the class was a great way to gain a some more knowledge. It's probably the only way you can get your hands on and test out the gear you may be carrying or thinking of purchasing. I know that after the class, my med kit will get some adjustments, and that seems to be the same among all the students.

Thank you for that review.

RedRiverII-Thank you for that incredibly generous offer.

The next open enrollment class will be:

Monday July 21st 1900-2300 hours

Piscataway Fire School (Due to difficulties with locating this facility use Field Rd. and Clawsen St as your landmarks)

Registration will be handled on our website, www.alphaomegatrainingsolutions.com under Course Registration.

Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Class is on for tonight. For those of you from the forum that will be there, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

The most common complaint seems to be the GPS coordinates. The entrance for the facility is on Clawsen St, even though the physical address is Baekeland Avenue. The Baekeland Ave side of the facility is blocked with shipping containers for storage and training props.

So the intersection of Baekeland Avenue and Clawsen St is the physical location for you to turn at.

See everyone tonight.

Hey Dave, nice class on Friday night!  As I mentioned to you, it was exactly what I had been looking for for quite some time.

To anyone interested in this class, it's a nice overview of treatment of major trauma.  I wanted a class that did not include a few hours of CPR, as I'm already certified; and I did not really want to travel to spend a couple of days learning first aid (although I may do so in the future).  

Henrym has already posted a good review, to which I would just add that the class dealt mostly with controlling major bleeding, and with treating major chest trauma involving sucking wounds and collapsed lungs.  There was also a brief treatment of eye injuries.  (The slides were definitely not for the squeamish.)

There is a reason this class has been so well attended.  It is really a great place to start for someone looking for first aid training.