Howard

Pool cleaner opinions ???

My blue pearl just died on me and I need a new robot.  I don't want to spend a fortune!  Does anyone know anything about the Dolphin Primal X3 (or nearly identical Supreme M3)?  Any good, stay away....?  I want this for a 20 x 40 Vinyl in-ground pool.  Thanks.

Thanks.  I had looked at a Dolphin Diagnostic about six years ago when I got the Pearl.  The Pearl did a great job for six years but either the motor or transformer just went and I can't see putting $250 to $500 into a unit that only cost $600 to start with.  There are so many Dolphins now its hard to understand the differences.  I was looking at this one http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.com/Dolphin-Primal-X3-_p_24208.html which is about $600.  I think it is the same as what they were calling the M3.  Do you know anything about them?

I feel you pain.

My Aqua Bot turbo went last year after 4 seasons.

They wanted 500 just for a new motor. The shop said the problem was common WTF.

It worked really well but had been a money pit since I got it between belts, gears etc, always 50 - 75 bucks in maintenance parts and labor.

Been manually vacuuming since but that Primal X3 looks interesting and father's day isn't far off.

I think I am going to go for it.  When I got my Blue Pearl I had considered the Blue Diamond that was double the price, but really could not see what extra I was getting for the money.  The Pearl worked great for many years and I had been very pleased with it.  Thus, I think I will go with another $600 unit rather than the $1,200.  I doubt the unit double the price will last 10-12 years so I am probably better off with the cheaper one.

Rather have this one... (snicker)... It can talk walk and do.... umm... ;)

Can I get one of those for about $600?  Where? :)

and does it work on a slightly larger pool?

5627528993_310a4cc3a1_d.jpg

Can I get one of those for about $600? Where? :)

and does it work on a slightly larger pool?

Posted Image

Yup, any pool. Check Craigs List. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

The Primal X3 arrived today and I immediately threw it in the pool.  Looks like it is doing a good job.

Howard,  can you share the source you bought it from?  My Aquabot is fine so far, but eventually the time will come.

Howard,  can you share the source you bought it from?  My Aquabot is fine so far, but eventually the time will come.

Bought it from a place called Backyard Pool Superstore, they have their own web page and a store on ebay.