Bully

Ruger MkIII 22/45 Re-Assembly...

My buddy has a MkIII 22/45 that has been completely disassembled.  Getting it all back together is not going well.  Is there anyone in the northern part of the state (Bergen Cty area) that is any good at this?  He's home a good bit and is flexible with his schedule.

PM me if you can help.

C

I will assume the receiver is what is giving him the problem.  Barrel and bolt is a fairly easy process.  The hammer mainspring is a pain also tilt barrel up at a 45 degree angel when putting in the mainspring to make sure the hammer strut falls into place. 

For *complete* dis-assembly, I found that replacing the hammer bushing with one that eliminates the magazine disconnect made re-assembly much easier.

It still requires 2 1/2 hands to put together (and a lot of tilting/balancing), but that's better than requiring 3 hands.

I referenced this video a lot when I put the VQ kit in my 22/45. It's a pain, but worth it. Rule of thumb, springs fit into notches, notches+springs hold pins in place. Also, buy a set of picks and a set of roll-pin punches. Good luck.

Perfectly legal and the way to go.  On my 22/45 eliminated magazine disconnect, replaced loaded chamber flag with blank, upgraded trigger.  Now a completely different gun, more like the mark II of old.