might be some interesting items.cash payments of $100 for assault weapons, $50 for handguns and $25 for rifles or shotguns

The Rumson Police Department will be hosting a Guns For Cash program sponsored by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office on Saturday May 17 and Sunday May 18from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM behind Rumson Borough Hall, 80 East River Road. Guns may be dropped off with no questions asked and cash is paid on the spot.  Go to this link for more information: http://prosecutor.co.monmouth.nj.us/guns-for-cash.html.

What do you think- Park on street with a sign on your windshield- I BUY GUNS!!! There was one in Camden a few years ago. Friend of mine was a sergeant there and Loads of WW 1 and 2 Miklsurp came in to be cut-up.

From the web site:

This program allows citizens to turn in unwanted weapons for cash payments of $100 for assault weapons, $50 for handguns and $25 for rifles or shotguns

What are they doing?  Running a sale, or is Monmouth County just cheap?  It used to be $250 for "assault weapons" (whatever they are....I guess sinister black guns.  Break-out the spray paint!)

I have a 30 year old rusted out daisy bb gun. Due to its scary capacity, that should easily be worth $100. That, or we get an official on record that a bb gun is not a firearm... I won't be around this weekend, but more than happy to drop it off with someone who can go - as long as any proceeds go to NJ2AS or another worthy cause.

and by 'drop it off' i of course mean fill out all required paperwork and transfer ownership.

Edited by MongoX