45Doll

S993/A2777 - Your Letter To Governor Christie

Since it's obvious that only Christie's veto will keep these two bills from becoming law, I am composing our letter of objection to him. I thought if some of us shared our letters, we might pick up some relevant, cogent, or more concise thoughts to include. Here's my first pass:

Note: Revised 5/16/14

Dear Governor Christie:

We are writing you to oppose the two anti-gun bills sent to you by the Democrat controlled Senate and Assembly. We have reviewed both bills carefully and our objections are as follows:

S993- Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines from 15 to 10 rounds.

Once again the Democrat legislature fantasizes and speculates about what might happen someday, rather than recognize what happens every day. None of the more than 3,000 murders committed in this state in the last 10 years were committed with the 11th bullet. And, of course, anyone willing to ignore the statutes prohibiting murder will not be concerned with or obey this law.

In addition, the whole Democrat justification for this bill is that during a future mass shooting, potential victims might get an opportunity to rush the shooter while he’s reloading. Note well: there is not a single law enforcement organization or individual in the United States that recommends unarmed civilians rush armed individuals in any shooting situation! This is an amateur strategy proposed by NJ Democrats.

A2777 - Defines reasonable deviations in the course of transporting firearms.

This is another attempt to trap legal gun owners in the tangled and nebulous web of New Jersey gun law. Rather than catching felons who are actually hurting people, the Democrats want to find out who is eating lunch on the way to the range so they can be arrested.

Both these bills contain nothing that will influence criminals or reduce crime. Instead, they yet again attack the legal and law abiding gun owners in this state, including us, under the pretense of fighting crime and improving safety. This is of course the historically ineffective Democrat approach that has brought the urban sections of this state to their current pathetic and dangerous condition.

All the Republican legislators voted against these bills. You have stated repeatedly that to merit your signature, legislation must be targeted and effective. Neither of these bills is, and we expect you to veto them.

You recently sent us letters for NJ-GOP 2014 Membership Acceptance. Those acceptances are on hold on our desks, pending your decision on these two bills. If you approve S993, any monies we might allocate to send in with our acceptance letter will go instead towards replacing our currently legal rifle and pistol magazines.

Thank you in advance for your support, and your veto of these bills.

Sincerely,

The Senate version restricts law enforcement to 15 rounds and everyone else to 10, both are illogical. The law enforcement community needs to speak up also, unless they are already stuck with 15 rounds under present law.

Here is what I wrote;

Dear Governor Christie:

As a loyal Christie follower, and advocate I urge you veto both S993 and A2777. I have reached the point, along with many other gun owners where it is easier to move, then it is to keep up with laws.

All the Republican legislators voted against these bills. You have stated repeatedly that to merit your signature, legislation must be targeted and effective. Neither of these bills is, and we (gun owners) expect you to veto them.

You recently sent me a letter for NJ-GOP 2014 Membership Acceptance. That acceptance is on hold on my desk, pending your decision on these two bills. If you approve S993, any monies I would allocate to send in will go instead towards replacing my currently legal rifle and pistol magazines, and or moving out of the state.

I really love the job you’re doing here, and I love this state but, with the passage of these bills I would seriously consider moving, taking my tax dollars, and my CDL with me.

Sincerely,

John

I have been calling at least 2 times a week and have sent several emails and a brief letter as well.  I also recruited several friends that I shoot with to do the same.  One was reluctant until Informed him that his Walther pistol, the one that has 15 round mags, that he bought because he felt it was his best option for a HD gun, would have to go down to 10 round mags.

Since it's obvious that only Christie's veto will keep these two bills from becoming law, I am composing our letter of objection to him. I thought if some of us shared our letters, we might pick up some relevant, cogent, or more concise thoughts to include. Here's my first pass:

Note: Revised 5/16/14

Dear Governor Christie:

We are writing you to oppose the two anti-gun bills sent to you by the Democrat controlled Senate and Assembly. We have reviewed both bills carefully and our objections are as follows:

S993- Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines from 15 to 10 rounds.

Once again the Democrat legislature fantasizes and speculates about what might happen someday, rather than recognize what happens every day. None of the more than 3,000 murders committed in this state in the last 10 years were committed with the 11th bullet. And, of course, anyone willing to ignore the statutes prohibiting murder will not be concerned with or obey this law.

In addition, the whole Democrat justification for this bill is that during a future mass shooting, potential victims might get an opportunity to rush the shooter while he’s reloading. Note well: there is not a single law enforcement organization or individual in the United States that recommends unarmed civilians rush armed individuals in any shooting situation! This is an amateur strategy proposed by NJ Democrats.

A2777 - Defines reasonable deviations in the course of transporting firearms.

This is another attempt to trap legal gun owners in the tangled and nebulous web of New Jersey gun law. Rather than catching felons who are actually hurting people, the Democrats want to find out who is eating lunch on the way to the range so they can be arrested.

Both these bills contain nothing that will influence criminals or reduce crime. Instead, they yet again attack the legal and law abiding gun owners in this state, including us, under the pretense of fighting crime and improving safety. This is of course the historically ineffective Democrat approach that has brought the urban sections of this state to their current pathetic and dangerous condition.

All the Republican legislators voted against these bills. You have stated repeatedly that to merit your signature, legislation must be targeted and effective. Neither of these bills is, and we expect you to veto them.

You recently sent us letters for NJ-GOP 2014 Membership Acceptance. Those acceptances are on hold on our desks, pending your decision on these two bills. If you approve S993, any monies we might allocate to send in with our acceptance letter will go instead towards replacing our currently legal rifle and pistol magazines.

Sincerely,

Essentially the points I made, but I mentioned "spiteful" and "playground-worthy tactics" as well, and asked how many FPID card holders had committed violent crimes in NJ. 

Let's face it, the dems are pushing this so that in the next election they can point to Christie or any other republican that didn't support this and show how they are weak on guns or that they work for the all powerful "gun lobby".  They will then use this as a cornerstone of their campaign in 2016.

We need to call them out on this and let everyone know that we see it for what it is worth, a red herring meant to detract from the fact that their leadership is ineffective.  We all know that violence is out of control in parts of this state, primarily due to gang and drug related violence in several inner cities.  And we also know that there is no easy fix for these problems and that any attempt to fix it will take years, many years, so that takes it off the political agenda for anyone who seeks reelection every 4 years. 

Reporting out of California where the mad men murdered 6 innocent people is that he had 41 10 round magazines...

And few if any reports that he also had a knife, and that he actually stabbed three of his victims. They made it seem like he shot them all. :mad:

Yes, I read that too and overlooked that. He was deranged and determined and if he did not have access to knives and guns he would have used anything else as a weapon.

Like his BMW.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2