wooly bugger

how to use Sweeney's "no CCW" tweet to our advantage

OK, so let's push the legislature to ACTUALLY REMOVE any allowance for CCW in New Jersey.   We all support this common sense gun safety!

(And then we all apply for non-resident LTCF's).

They won't do it because their current system works well, and withstood court challenges. Completely banning carry will not withstand a court challenge. 

They won't do it because their current system works well, and withstood court challenges. Completely banning carry will not withstand a court challenge.

Yes, but do the antis know that? If enough moms against everything demand this common sense law, they may pass it. Even if they do know, it will take 10 years to go through the court system, so what do they care.

Yes, they know that. It's how Illinois fell. And a similar change in law is how California fell. California banned unloaded open carry, which prompted the Peruta decision. 

Bloomberg might know that, but I'm skeptical that the everyday clueless lib or in-the-trenches anti knows that. We should push for a ban on CCW. If the legislature refuses, they can be attacked by their fellow lib opponents for being soft on guns and "in bed with the NRA". I think its an interesting idea.

Bloomberg might know that, but I'm skeptical that the everyday clueless lib or in-the-trenches anti knows that. We should push for a ban on CCW. If the legislature refuses, they can be attacked by their fellow lib opponents for being soft on guns and "in bed with the NRA". I think its an interesting idea.

I dont know who , but NJ has some very bright freaks who write these laws. I am not sure if its sourced to some law offices or legal center.  But you can see every anti 2A law is VERY carefully crafted. Back that up by anti 2A legal system and judges, they got a winner.  Even SC didnt want to touch it.

Most us think they are clueless and dumb, they are anything but.

I dont know who , but NJ has some very bright freaks who write these laws. I am not sure if its sourced to some law offices or legal center.  But you can see every anti 2A law is VERY carefully crafted. Back that up by anti 2A legal system and judges, they got a winner.  Even SC didnt want to touch it.

Most us think they are clueless and dumb, they are anything but.

Precisely.  I think the anit's are extremely intelligent, and know how to use the media to get at the sheeples. We need to start doing that a lot more, even if it means securing our own media access (broadcast access, that is).  Fight fire with fire.

It should also be pointed out that besides not being able to survive a court challenge, an outright ban would also affect that small group of "more equal" citizens who do have CCWs.

Which might lead to some very important discussions in committee and on the legislature floor. If Weinberg, for example, opposed an outright ban, I'd like to hear her go on record with an example of someone who should get a CCW.

Here's an idea. PA grants non-res LTCF to people only if their home state doesn't allow for CCW.

Could Sweeney's recent tweet be used as evidence that there is no CCW in NJ?

attachicon.gifSweeney no CC.jpg

So no mass shootings means we don't need CCW but somehow it does mean that we need stricter gun control laws. I guess for a politician that passes for logic. Somebody tweet that to him. What color is the sky in your world Stevie-boy?

So no mass shootings means we don't need CCW but somehow it does mean that we need stricter gun control laws. I guess for a politician that passes for logic. Somebody tweet that to him. What color is the sky in your world Stevie-boy?

Actually, his idiot argument is that no ccw is the reason why we haven't had any mass shootings.

Because, you know, mass murdering psychos will only shoot up a crowd of innocent people if they can legally carry concealed on their way to the murders.

What a disingenuous douche bag.

Actually, his idiot argument is that no ccw is the reason why we haven't had any mass shootings.

Because, you know, mass murdering psychos will only shoot up a crowd of innocent people if they can legally carry concealed on their way to the murders.

What a disingenuous douche bag.

That logic demonstrates clearly how desperate they are to get their agenda over on the innocent "sheeples."  They know they can't get it over on us. We need to get to the sheeples, ourselves.  You can either be a sheep, or a wolf, or a sheep-dog.  I prefer being a sheep-dog!

Here's an idea. PA grants non-res LTCF to people only if their home state doesn't allow for CCW.

Could Sweeney's recent tweet be used as evidence that there is no CCW in NJ?

attachicon.gifSweeney no CC.jpg

I used this tactic in a letter to the New Hampshire attorney general or whoever was in charge of out-of-state permitting. I believe the ANJPRC is suing them over this very issue. I don't understand why PA and NH take these positions, except out of spite.

I used this tactic in a letter to the New Hampshire attorney general or whoever was in charge of out-of-state permitting. I believe the ANJPRC is suing them over this very issue. I don't understand why PA and NH take these positions, except out of spite.

It seems like doing this with PA is a lost cause, because the AG clearly hates us.

I don't know what the environment is like with NH. What kind of reception did you get? This seems like a good place for us to put some pressure if their AG is more reasonable.

Nothing for nothing, but if NH went back to offering their CCW to non-residents, the PA AG would probably just drop NH.

That's what she's been doing. Dropping states that offer CCW to out-of-staters who don't have one from their home state.

NH changed their procedure, so she probably won't be dropping them. If they changed it back, they'd probably be dropped right away.

Everyone here thinks she "hates us". Really? You think she hates people from NJ?

As has been stated previously, this is most likely simply to prevent people in Philly who can't get an LTCF from getting an out of state carry permit.

Nothing for nothing, but if NH went back to offering their CCW to non-residents, the PA AG would probably just drop NH.

That's what she's been doing. Dropping states that offer CCW to out-of-staters who don't have one from their home state.

NH changed their procedure, so she probably won't be dropping them. If they changed it back, they'd probably be dropped right away.

Everyone here thinks she "hates us". Really? You think she hates people from NJ?

As has been stated previously, this is most likely simply to prevent people in Philly who can't get an LTCF from getting an out of state carry permit.

From what I've read I do not believe she is pro 2A. Many people are terrified of poor minorities getting guns. Yet what scenario can you dream up where an inner city Philly resident would qualify for Utah but not for Pennsylvania? Don't both require similar criminal and mental health checks? It comes down to the same old story: Only law-abiding individuals bother to get permits. The thugs don't bother. So yes, this is clearly an act of spite directed solely at individuals whose states do not issue permits, specifically Maryland and NJ.

It seems like doing this with PA is a lost cause, because the AG clearly hates us.

I don't know what the environment is like with NH. What kind of reception did you get? This seems like a good place for us to put some pressure if their AG is more reasonable.

I believe I got a form letter saying that he/she/it would consider my points. Regardless, it did not change.

The notion that you can only hold a PA (or NH) permit if you get one from your home state sounds reasonable on the surface, but it's stupid and spiteful. She, and the NH AG, know damn well what the story is in NJ, that we are a no-issue state. 

From what I've read I do not believe she is pro 2A. Many people are terrified of poor minorities getting guns. Yet what scenario can you dream up where an inner city Philly resident would qualify for Utah but not for Pennsylvania? Don't both require similar criminal and mental health checks? It comes down to the same old story: Only law-abiding individuals bother to get permits. The thugs don't bother. So yes, this is clearly an act of spite directed solely at individuals whose states do not issue permits, specifically Maryland and NJ.

No. Philly refuses to issue CCW to qualified residents. That's why people get out of state permits.

That is what she's attempting to stop.

Not dreaming anything.

No. Philly refuses to issue CCW to qualified residents. That's why people get out of state permits.

That is what she's attempting to stop.

Not dreaming anything.

OK I see. Still stupid. Nobody goes through the trouble of getting a permit for the sole purpose of committing a crime.

What she's doing is pretty pointless to solve an actual problem.

If a Philly resident really wanted to get a valid out of state CCW, they could just get a Florida DL using a relative's address. People do this now for car insurance anyway. 

And let's not forget that real criminals don't really care about any permit. They will just carry. They don't even need a holster.

OK I see. Still stupid. Nobody goes through the trouble of getting a permit for the sole purpose of committing a crime.

Agreed. Stupid.

What she's doing is pretty pointless to solve an actual problem.

If a Philly resident really wanted to get a valid out of state CCW, they could just get a Florida DL using a relative's address. People do this now for car insurance anyway. 

And let's not forget that real criminals don't really care about any permit. They will just carry. They don't even need a holster.

Agreed

Hold on! Are you on to something? How easily is this done? A resident permit from FL would be very handy:

If the purpose is to prevent people from Philly from getting permits, then NH recognizing NJ as a no issue state shouldn't be a problem. NH would still require a Philly resident to have a LTCF, because PA is not a no-issue state.

i have no reason to believe she hates us. Just sees us as convenient means to her political ends. Since she can't go after PA gun owners, we're the easiest way for her to establish her liberal credentials in preparation for a national run. This is similar to what Janet Reno did. She built her law and order cred by ruining people's lives by framing them as child molesters. Hateful? No. Evil. Yes. I don't believe in hell, but if I did, that's where they're both headed.

Obtaining a permit by fraud and then counting on that permit to keep yourself out of jail on felony charges? No thanks.

Isn't getting a driver's license and lower insurance rates by similar tactics also criminal? Sounded like it was easy and everyone did it.