n4p226r

what mods have you done to your glock?

Not to take away from this thread, but I always found it funny that many professors of "Glock Perfection" seem to throw on so many mods.

There, someone said it. If GLOCK were the end all be all, why must you modify it to make it different levels of better? Are you tainting the final release product in efforts to benefit yourself, ultimately undermining millions of $ research to claim said GLOCK Perfection? The nerve of you folks. :D

Not to take away from this thread, but I always found it funny that many professors of "Glock Perfection" seem to throw on so many mods.

Not to take away from this thread, but I always found it funny that many haters of Glock seem to throw in comments on Glock-related threads. 

I personally subscribe to the notion that being a "fan boy" to one product, team, or affiliation leaves you vulnerable to ridicule. If youre a die hard anything, one needs to be ready to accept the faults that come with the good that makes you drawn a specific brand.

I won't argue that (for the most part). 

But the converse is also true. Those who take a "hate boy" affiliation... are also vulnerable to ridicule.

If Glock isn't your thing, then enjoy your own thing. I don't take offense at anyone disliking my thing, nor do I take offense at them liking their thing.

Sh!tting on other people's thing however.... totally mock-worthy! : )

I am not a die hard fanboy. If you search you will find posts where I bemoan Glock "Purrrfexion" and bitch about their CS, constant blame throwing, and retarded product development. But all my social pistols are still Glocks.

I recognize that HK, Sig, S&W, Beretta, etc... make decent pistols that are perfectly serviceable. I just happen to prefer Glocks as I have the most time on them and I shoot them better than the rest and they have all of the features I require in a fighting pistol.

You like HK or Sig or S&W? Great, good for you. I don't for me.

100% following this thread and Im predicting all types of answers will be seen from "just add ammo" to various connectors, springs, etc.

I cannot pick mine used G19 up until 6/28, but I already know i don't like the stock trigger so the following will be done....

-Ghost Edge 3.5 connector

-Polish various contact points (aka 25 cent trig job)

-Lone wolf Ultimate trigger stop

-Night sights

tossing around extended slide release and 6lb trigger spring idea but i dont want the trigger to be so light its sketchy.

I hope you get some awesome and constructive answers!!

what's a trigger stop

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

To me, there's no such thing as a perfect gun out of the box. I shoot Glocks because they offer some key characteristics I desire.

On my Glocks, I do the following...

Steel sights (10-8 RB1's)

Vickers mag release

Vickers slide release

Butt plug

OEM minus (-) connector

OEM smooth face trigger for my G19

Full grip stipple job with undercut trigger guard

Apex FRE extractor

I also have the Guardian trigger by glocktriggers.com on my G17

I own 2 gen 4 glocks and have done the same mods to both.

Trijicon HD night sights

Extended slide release

Glock minus connector

Gen 3 smooth trigger bar

.25 trigger job

Now my 17 and 23 have great triggers.

Ok im still new so doing quick and easy mods for now juat to make it mine. Ill be looking into somethings you guya listed to do some more.

Truglo TFO Sights

Extended SS Ghost slide release

Extended SS Ghost slide lock

NcStar light/laser

Transformer rear slide cover plate

Transformer magazine floor plates

My weapon is now Glocktimus Prime.

XS Big Dots and a tlr-1 that's about it. I'm thinking about one of those oem smooth triggers but haven't made my mind up yet.

I use the smooth triggers and it makes a tremendous difference.

I forgot to mention the rear slide plate.  That is purely cosmetic, so I don't even really think of it as a modification, but it does personalize the gun and you can tell your Glock from someone else's.  Lone Wolf has a bunch of them on their site.  You should be able to find one to make your own fashion statement.

I have done it all to my 34,35 and 17. I have settled with Zev comp spring kit Zev V4 connector and a Glock Custom trigger bar that has two set screws in it, one for take up and the other for reset. I have all my Glock triggers down to 3.5lbs with very little take up and a nice crisp reset.

I recently put this trigger bar in and it's the best production legal trigger system I have used so far. This guy makes great stuff for competition Glocks, if my Glocks were range toys I wouldn't to anything to them.

I also have Dawson sights on all my Glocks except for one that still has Warren/Sevigny comp sights. I like the Dawsons a lot more.

which damsons do you have?  i'm actually looking for a set of 2 dot night sights and considering the warren tactical setup.  figure if i add a long slide i can get the similar setup with a tritium front and plain rear