Sign in to follow this  
GlastonburyNative

Hi! New from Scotch Plains

I wanted to introduce myself to the forums.  I'm originally from a small town in CT and moved to Scotch Plains because of my Job.  I grew up target shooting with my father and the scouts, all the way through high school until I went to Rutgers for school.  I moved back home and continued until I moved back to NJ three years ago.  I have not done much in terms of target shooting since I moved to Scotch Plains, but the itch got me and I'm currently waiting for my initial FID with one p2p.

I have been a lurker on the forums since I started my application, which has been great since I cannot do anything at this moment until I hear from the town.

With that said, greetings! 

We have a lot of gun people in Fanwood and Scotch Plains.  I used to split my time between Monmouth County R&PC and Cherry Ridge (both exactly 45 minutes away, one north and one south) but have been spending more and more time at Gun For Hire / Woodland Park.  That's 28 minutes from my house in Fanwood and is a fantastic place.  No doubt John Fox will also chime in and remind us that the Lake Island club is close by too!

Hey to all you Scotch Plains and Fanwood guys! I'm also S.P.  I used to shoot at Heritage Easton, but had the good fortune to hook up with John Fox and became a member at Lake Island in Carteret! BEST THING I EVER DID!! GREATEST THNG SINCE SLICED BREAD! Being retired, I go just about every Monday morning and have the entire range to myself. (did I say 20 - 25 minutes door to door!! ...keypad access!!!...parking lot!!! ....25 yard indoor range!!!!!)

Now comes the special thanks to John Fox who sponsored me and walked me through the membership proceedure. You are the best!!!

Any of you guys who are like me, not quite a newbie but looking to really improve your shooting skills in a quiet friendly and convenient setting are encouraged to talk to John about becoming a member. Experience the difference between BELONGING to a club, rather than SHOOTING at a range! ($$$$$$$$) My abilities have gotten better exponentially!!! (......that means I get a lot in the actual scoring rings now, ...at 25 yards!) 

Any other old fogies and young ones also who have free time on Monday mornings are welcome to PM me and be my guest to see what it looks like. John, also, always guests new guys so you can talk to him too.

I live in Fanwood.  I belong to Monmouth County (45 minutes South), Cherry Ridge (45 minutes North), and my favorite Gun for Hire (about 24 minutes door to door).  I love GFH.  I hated indoor ranges until I joined.  I've taken many courses there, all fun.