500hp7.3

M&p 15 sport muzzle brake

Hello all new to this site, and have a few questions.. I have an m&p 15 sport carbine length 5.56 with a 3/4" outside diameter barrel. All the mb's I see are 1/2 28. What are my options?? I like going to the range and getting a few follow up shots in close succession is pretty hard with muzzle rise.. Didn't want to drop a ton of money into it as it is an entry level low budget rifle. That is a tack driver I might add.

Maybe I didn't understand your question.

Do you already have a pinned and welded muzzle brake on your rifle, or do you have a bare muzzle?

If bare, you will need to have your muzzle threaded, and a brake pinned and welded on.

Correct brakes for 5.56mm AR's are threaded 1/2"x28.

Adco firearms does an excellent job of threading/pin/weld. There are local NJ shops that also do excellent work.

If you don't want to thread your muzzle, you can buy bolt on brakes.

Yes it is a bare muzzle... But it seems to be bigger than mil spec for just threading and installing a brake... Just wondering if anyone else has had this identical rifle and added a brake with maybe a bigger thread. If I went 1/2" 28 I would have to get the barrel turned down...then threaded. If i found a decent brake in a 3/4" 16 or 24 I could just thread it

When they thread the muzzle, the 'smith will turn the end if the barrel down to the proper diameter. It's part of the package.

https://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_qnew.cfm?code=Barrel%20Threading