Sign in to follow this  
jds560

The PX4, USP, and caliber decisions

Who has ownership experience with these two?

Having held both in 9 and 45 respectively, and liking them. It's difficult to decide what to get without shooting them. It becomes even more difficult deciding what caliber to get. I could buy both, but I'd rather use my last permit on a 38 airweight snub. I'm leaning towards the USP because of the frame mounted manual safety but other than that it's a toss up.

I'm also considering the aftermarket for these two. In all likelihood, I might be selling my G30. That's the only handgun I have that I would mod because as a collectors item it's worth nothing, especially compared to my HP and Norinco 1911 which are both OOP.

The alternative is to avoid polymer all together and buy a Witness Eilte match or similar all metal gun with rail not named Sig.

Honestly it depends. Let me get call up Roberta Mancino and get her opinion.

I just rolled over and asked her.

She said "La Beretta, naturalmente. Ora baciami." Then she went off to make breakfast.

Have you held and fired a CZ75? The Witness Match is a great gun built on the CZ75 platform. I like the Witness Match A LOT but you should check out the original.

I already have a CZ75BD Police. I never shoot it because it has a decocker in a place that annoys me and I wish I got the SAO model instead.

I have the H&K USP 45 full size & it really is an excellent gun. It is extremely accurate out to 25 yards & also, it is just as extremely reliable. It feeds everything I put through it, from 185 grain jhps or any weight of full metal jacketed rounds for basic target shooting. I have also considered getting the 40 cal full size. You cannot go wrong with the H&K USP series, but of course you will pay a good amount for them, but very well worth every dollar spend on it.