Rob0115

Thoughts on scope for an SPR build

I've unfortunately had to unload a few refills but I've managed to hold onto my SPR that I just finished except for optic.  Since it's one of my only remaining rifles the budget is liberal.  

My first thought was a 3x9 trijicon accupoint and then the RMR mounted at off center.  Then I thought about a vortex PST.  I'd like something that reflects the use of an SPR, which is flexibility in my view.

I figure this is a crowd that should have some really good opinions.

Cheers,

Rob

I've been looking at the SWFA 1-6 for mine. It seems to be the best value but not cheap out on quality. With a true 1x and an EOTech-like reticle, I don't feel I'd need a secondary RDS. If I had the disposable cash for it, I'd spring for a 1-8 March though...

I've been looking at the SWFA 1-6 for mine. It seems to be the best value but not cheap out on quality. With a true 1x and an EOTech-like reticle, I don't feel I'd need a secondary RDS. If I had the disposable cash for it, I'd spring for a 1-8 March though...

Yikes that is some price on the March.  I said liberal not garish!  :)  LOL.

Oh definitely but it's at a level where you see lots of stuff like Trijicon and Elcan type stuff.  I'm one of those folks that thinks $1 is really money.  :)

Vortex 1-6. Yes, it costs real money.

Reviews on this are excellent.  I have seen a few pop up gently used in qd mounts for around $1250 on other forums.  Its on my short list, but I am hoping to score a deal somewhere on an ffp mil/mil scope to put on a 700 first.

I bought a used Leupold VX6 1-6 for a great price.  Mounted but never taken out for use.  I ordered a Larue QD SPR mount 30mm for it.