Scorpio64

+10 for Howell Gun Works

Good advice and reasonable prices are what you will find there.  Some of you may have read my post about an out of spec upper I bought from PSA.  It was Tom at HGW that identified the problem and advised me against using it since it would ruin the accuracy of an otherwise precision spec'd rifle.  I ordered a new BCM upper receiver and brought my pile of upper parts to him to be assembled.  My PSA charging handle did not like the new upper so I picked up a BCM Gun Fighter Mod 4 while I was there.  The BCM CH cost less than if I had ordered it on-line.

The bottom line is I avoided a lot of aggravation and saved some money at HGW.

Gonna make the trip soon...how stocked are they with AR parts...like BCG's...lower part kits...grips..BUIS?

It's hard to tell how stocked they are.  There is a good but limited assortment of essentials in the showroom but I suspect all the good stuff is kept in the back room workshop.  Lemme put it this way, you could probably walk in with a wad of cash and walk out with all the parts to build an AR.  You wont find a display case full of every scope made by Leupold and Nikon, but if you need a scope or a red dot, he's got em.

It's hard to tell how stocked they are.  There is a good but limited assortment of essentials in the showroom but I suspect all the good stuff is kept in the back room workshop.  Lemme put it this way, you could probably walk in with a wad of cash and walk out with all the parts to build an AR.  You wont find a display case full of every scope made by Leupold and Nikon, but if you need a scope or a red dot, he's got em.

ok thx

Thank you all for the positive feedback and for your business, we greatly appreciate it.   We recently attended a trade show and due to every ones support we were able to secure enough ammo contracts to roll back our prices on the common target ammo, 9, 40, 45, 38 Special and .223.  We also anticipate delivery on quite a few new products in the next few months.  None of this could have happened without all of you who have come by and who have spread the word. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Went there for the first time today. Great little place. I felt like a kid at a candy store with all the guns in the cases lol. Great prices on ammo and their guns look like they are fairly priced as well. I can see myself frequenting the shop, now that I know where it is.