njgunrunner

possible ccw trip to texas

Didn't I read that the initial had to be done in TX?

82ndAbnRVN, please let us know what's involved. I was thinking of doing the class the next time I'm in tx. I'd do one closer to Houston though.

Better off donating whatever money you would have spent to get a TX permit instead to the NRA or SAF or some other similar organization. 

I think ultimately the only way we get carry rights in NJ is if we elect a republican president and get a republican senate, and then enact a broad scale reciprocity statute on the federal level. 

Once out of state people with permits can carry in NJ and NJ can't do anything about it, the political pressure to liberalize the issuance of carry permits will be too much for NJ to resist any further.

Class has to be done in TX. I did a ton of research on this prior to getting mine... I arranged a 12hour layover on connecting flights from Las Vegas to Newark and was able to complete the course, range shoot and prints in time to get back to airport form my flight.

I would highly recommend my instructor. Great guy. He has a Steer ranch outside Houston that would make for an interesting location for you guy to take his class. You can shoot on the property so everyone could qualify there instead of going to a range.

The class used to be 10hr when I took it but is now like 5hrs.. Renewals can be done online so you don't have to go back to TX every 5 years.

PM me if u want his info.

When / if you guys are serious about going to Texas as I mentioned above the instructor I used was awesome. I reached out to him and explained what was going on with UT/ PA Reciprocity. I have no affiliation with him other then he did a great job with me. 2 years ago when I took the class it was 10hours long and he had a great mix of serious information and humor to keep me the students attention.

After I explained our situation he responded with the following information:

" I could put together something for a group from NJ. They could fly into Austin rent a van and the ranch is 50 miles or fly into Houston and it is two hours. Either way I could set up a totally organized itinerary all inclusive event if I could gauge how many. Class, gun,ammo, lunch, coordinate fingerprinting. Total Cost would be $150 -$200.00 Or so. Depends.

If they want a weekend trip, they could fly in Friday, fingerprint in Houston, drive to ranch Friday night, stay in La Grange, shoot Saturday and then drive back for Sunday departure.

Everything depends on how many. If 2-3 guys I can transport them around. If more we need to rent another vehicle.

Jason Page: iPhone 832-794-2184"

If that price is accurate, its more than reasonable. Any idea what month you would be aiming for?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I say ASAP. Anyone here know a good travel agent to possibly arrange a deal on a group flight/lodging?

You are playing a game whose end result will ultimately disappoint you. I thought Utah was enough.

You're running away from the real problem, and wasting money in the meantime so you can carry a gun 3-4 times a year. Whoopee. 

We have to vote these jerks out of office. We can do it.

VOTE.

You are playing a game whose end result will ultimately disappoint you. I thought Utah was enough.

You're running away from the real problem, and wasting money in the meantime so you can carry a gun 3-4 times a year. Whoopee.

We have to vote these jerks out of office. We can do it.

VOTE.

I do vote, and I live in District 24. I'm not the problem here obviously. If I could vote in a democrat held district I would. I'm in PA more than 3-4 times a year.

I do vote, and I live in District 24. I'm not the problem here obviously. If I could vote in a democrat held district I would. I'm in PA more than 3-4 times a year.

No offense intended. We're in the same district. Our legislators have been trying to put a CC law through, obviously unsuccessfully. 

We have to get together and get out the vote in the contestable districts. There are enough, and we are strong enough to do it. We can do it. But we must VOTE.

Better off donating whatever money you would have spent to get a TX permit instead to the NRA or SAF or some other similar organization.

I think ultimately the only way we get carry rights in NJ is if we elect a republican president and get a republican senate, and then enact a broad scale reciprocity statute on the federal level.

Once out of state people with permits can carry in NJ and NJ can't do anything about it, the political pressure to liberalize the issuance of carry permits will be too much for NJ to resist any further.

Or how about we mass apply, get denied and then take it public as loudly as we can.

Sorry to be "That Guy". But it seems to me that PA is slowly dumping all states. Wouldn't it only be a matter of time till TX gets dumped.

Is there something in PA laws protecting TX reciprocity? If so, I'd consider a trip to Texas.

Maybe some of the fence sitters. Maybe Christie and his AG.

Maybe our fellow gun owners in other states?

Maybe the courts, and the state can't lie and say 94% of permits are approved?

Christy and the AG already know they have the power alone to change this. So they are waiting for us to mass apply to change their mind?

People in other states basically just feel sorry for us. Every time I have a firearm law discussion with someone from the free world, they immediately ask why I haven't moved yet. Once I explain why I cant own what they have or carry.

The courts have proven they will circumvent the laws or the constitution to halt our desire for shall issue.

I guess the fence sitters are our only option. I take as many of them to the range as possible, in an attempt to get them off the fence and active on our side.

I'm sorry Ryan, I always try to be pessimistic about our gun rights. I don't want to stop fighting, or be a "Debbie Downer". I'm sure thats exactly what our opposition wants us to do, give up hope and go away. If its mass apply for a NJ CCW permit to get results I'm in.