nuclearheli

CJRPC Members Only Steel Match Terminated

I don't care about any of that. The point is he's just blabbering about something that has nothing to do with him. I could see if he's trying to offer some assistance or something positive to the conversation then by all means feel free. What's the point of a drive by 2 cents comment? There is none.

Just because the internet gives everyone a voice doesn't mean they should use it.

He made a valid point. Whats the purpose of speculative bitching. Keep it private until all the facts come out. Seems like a lot of misinformation is being posted. Why do more harm than good. But i guess because you didnt like his thought it should be dismissed.

He made a valid point. Whats the purpose of speculative bitching. Keep it private until all the facts come out. Seems like a lot of misinformation is being posted. Why do more harm than good. But i guess because you didnt like his thought it should be dismissed.

Isn't that what the internet is for? : )

Raz, get your head out of the sand. When was the club ever near bankruptcy??? As for the legal fund I believe there is over 400K in it. As far as the club being not for profit, I believe that was done prior to this board. I think that since you are such a expert in all these issues that the next election you should run for the board.

Easy enough to verify by looking at the financial statement.  Right?

how about since its in a public part of the forum whoever wants to can comment on it. Dont want your dirty laundry aired go in a private subforum. Until then Its public. Maybe potential members eill see this and rethink joining. Tell people what they should and shouldn't click on. Who are you to tell them that?

Who cares. The board has repeatedly talked about closing membership for no sound reason.

Raz, get your head out of the sand. When was the club ever near bankruptcy??? As for the legal fund I believe there is over 400K in it. As far as the club being not for profit, I believe that was done prior to this board. I think that since you are such a expert in all these issues that the next election you should run for the board.

1) not this board as currently composed, but the construction of the shotgun range as it exists today nearly bankrupted the club. The only reason it did not shut it's doors is because of a loan from a single member. They rewarded said member by kicking him out of the club. The current board is repeating history in how they conduct business. The membership is growing, the bank account is flush. We are multiple projects in to committing virtually every dollar coming in, and we are having the talks of closing membership (aka flattening or reducing revenue), and the board ramping up playing games with volunteers and being disrespectful of the contributions and efforts of members not on the board. This is damn near exactly how that previous board wound up in the red, and we don't have anyone to bail us out that I am aware of.

2) The bank account got very, very low for a club this size between the project overruns on the indoor range followed up by inviting the state EPA and pine lands commission to come bend the club over (yeah, the board instigated that). Then followed up by buying up adjoining property for sale (a policy I agree with, and one of the reasons the board should be more judicious with the pacing of high dollar projects).

3) at the time of the remediation project, which isn't that long ago, the legal fund had zero dollars in it. It may have 400k in it, it needs better than a million.

4) the non profit status was done under the same usual suspects who are still on the board. It was done about the same time as remediation, not that long ago. Yes, some seats changed hands, but not the ones who are calling the shots.

5) examine the books. Yeah the club vp asked to do that and they forced him out. They have resisted clear reporting time and again. Go ahead and ask. I'll buy you a box of .22 if it is more than a summary and actually has thorough line items on spending.

6) we have legal council for the club with a conflict of interest unless they changed council recently. Even if nothing bad has been done it is improper and decreases the value of any legal advice.

7) I wish they spent more money many times. Mainly on expertise. When the pistol pits were stupid huge, they had members who knew what they were doing tell them the plan for drainage was fubar. We got swamps for 1/3 of the year. During the rebuild, we paid an expert and did what they said. It wasn't perfect, but it was 90% of the way there and the 10% was fixable. They handled the sign up fees as a payment plan thing in house. We went forever without payments being collected (which contributed to the bank balance sucking), they started paying a professional, and finally they were billed and collected.

8) did you get the new badges? They look cost effective? Unless you are supposed to detach the year plate and glue a new one on next year, I can't fathom what problem they solve.

In the end I really don't care if they aren't maximally efficient. I would like them to have enough common sense to realize a mistake will be made because they happen to everyone, and we should have enough banked to survive it without an assessment. I think we should have a real estate fund and the legal fund set up and fully funded before we do the rifle pits, as that will once again invite the pine lands commission in to drop unplanned expense into the middle if a project guaranteed to cost more than planned as is.

Sticking your head in the sand is ignoring reality. I'm not.

Oh and to whoever complained about the road not being paved, inviting the pine lands commission in had us forced to rip it up.

Raz, you have no idea what your talking about, you appear to be the one listening to rumors and spreading same. Get active with the working of the club as a great many of us do and then you can talk , otherwise get your facts straight. Do you really believe that no matter how much we have in a legal fund that we can beat the state, DUH.   The shotgun fields were done in 1989, get up to date.

Raz, you have no idea what your talking about, you appear to be the one listening to rumors and spreading same. Get active with the working of the club as a great many of us do and then you can talk , otherwise get your facts straight. Do you really believe that no matter how much we have in a legal fund that we can beat the state, DUH.   The shotgun fields were done in 1989, get up to date.

If you were to ask me to pick a few people who were in my opinion most involved with CJRPC getting stuff done and matches run,  raz-0 , and Vlad would be at the top of that list.

I think he has earned his place to talk. 

An open dialogue of the issues is beneficial to both current members of the club and potential new ones. If you have facts to refute other people's claims, you're welcome to do so, but I certainly don't appreciate your attempts to stop the ongoing discussion.

Raz, you have no idea what your talking about, you appear to be the one listening to rumors and spreading same. Get active with the working of the club as a great many of us do and then you can talk , otherwise get your facts straight. Do you really believe that no matter how much we have in a legal fund that we can beat the state, DUH. The shotgun fields were done in 1989, get up to date.

Buster please enlighten us as to your qualifications to comment on the inner workings of the board both Vlad and Raz run different matches and are respected members of NJGF. You on the other hand joined 4 days ago have 4 posts that are all in this thread bashing what others are saying. Are you just another memet of the BOD joined just to spread a viewpoint and make sure no one is saying anything bad. This has been done before look at the meetup thread from a few years ago. The board has done things like they tried to do to george before also reference the meet up thread. If you have a problem be an adult and not wait like little tattletales for a MD to break the rules so you can throw them out of the club

To be fair to Buster, I don't believe that ones post count has any relevance to the validity of ones opinions. My post count doesn't make me right or more entitled to an opinion.

Your post count validates you to some extent either as a troll or not. 

Going off topic for a second,i think the club did a great job with youth day. My 2 kids had a blast shooting all different guns.

Glad to hear it I didn't get to come to youth day this year I am going to try to work woman's day and deff work wounded warrior.

Ditto?

Many people have been asking me. There is no way to register. I can grant access to the private section but I need to verify every one I let in. First of all only CJRPC members will be considered. I have to know who you are. And personally, this blog is not a public blog, not like the forums. I am not interested in debating my actions, plans, or be defending myself on my own blog. Basically if you plan to justify the BOD start your own blog. This is my blog, I own it, the equipment it runs on and the company that runs it. No trolls allowed.

Those that know me have my personal email address so drop me a note and I will give you access. Many others still know me from the club or business so PM me. If we see each other at the club for a match that would be the best way. I plan to attend the New Members Only match Sunday. By the way, good luck Ted. I wish you the best. You have always tried to help and pitch in. We appreciated that. Thanks for stepping up and keeping the good thing that Bob, Dom, and I built in the last year.

Many people have been asking me. There is no way to register. I can grant access to the private section but I need to verify every one I let in. First of all only CJRPC members will be considered. I have to know who you are. And personally, this blog is not a public blog, not like the forums. I am not interested in debating my actions, plans, or be defending myself on my own blog. Basically if you plan to justify the BOD start your own blog. This is my blog, I own it, the equipment it runs on and the company that runs it. No trolls allowed.

Those that know me have my personal email address so drop me a note and I will give you access. Many others still know me from the club or business so PM me. If we see each other at the club for a match that would be the best way. I plan to attend the New Members Only match Sunday. By the way, good luck Ted. I wish you the best. You have always tried to help and pitch in. We appreciated that. Thanks for stepping up and keeping the good thing that Bob, Dom, and I built in the last year.

The members only match is on for Sunday? That is great news!

Raz, you have no idea what your talking about, you appear to be the one listening to rumors and spreading same. Get active with the working of the club as a great many of us do and then you can talk , otherwise get your facts straight. Do you really believe that no matter how much we have in a legal fund that we can beat the state, DUH. The shotgun fields were done in 1989, get up to date.

Not for the state, they want to sue the crap out of us, they can outspend us. For an accident, a fine. Pissing off the town. And until recently I was an md at cj. I've been to the board meetings. I've been to planning meetings.

Yes, I said the shotgun fields were a while ago. It was an illustration of the pattern being repeated.

I can't even count the number of hours put in to keep them from ruining the plinking pits for matches.

Personally I've had enough. I'd just like them to be more cautious with finances. being efficient or making sense isn't even worth asking for. Non profit doesn't mean spend it down to zero each year. The fastest solution is to just wait for time to do its thing and get us a new board.

Did the back hoe get suddenly tall enough to dress the berms to the top? Now that we own it, have we been dressing the berms regularly?

Raz, sorry I did not get back to you sooner but I did some research to make sure my facts are correct. First off the club counsel is not a member nor ever was, why would this be a conflict of interest. Second the hoe was never intended to dress the pits and has more then paid for itself since no outside contractors need to be hired for a great deal of the projects around the club. As far as you saying they almost ruined the pits for matches, the pits are for members first of all, then matches,I think the bod walks a thin line when it comes to keeping everyone happy and they did a great job with the pits. I got my new badge and really like it and did some research as to why a metal badge now, it seems the cost of printing new badges every year was quite expensive and now these are permanent with just stickers being sent out each year. This appears to be the bod trying to save money.

You cannot blow a bowling pin apart with anything. I've been shooting the same ones for two years now. .22, .40, .45, .357mag, .223, .30-06, 12 guage. 7.62. you name it

I have blown bowling pins apart with a 12 gauge

Buster, sorry but the original pits were built FOR matches. When they were rebuilt, all the match directors worked very hard with the board to make sure the resulting pits were suitable for BOTH matches and the membership at large.

It is easy to re-write history, but that doesn't make it true.

Funny. If I had a ton of time to continually contact people who are on the BOD or the elected positions. I have called people regarding issues and have had to follow up three times.

It's crazy that to volunteer, you need to contact these people over and over.

These are facts. Yet it's people like me. Haha.