fordperf

What is up at Sig Sauer?

The firearm pictured in the link and the specifications on Sig's website say that is SA/DA.

https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220-match-elite.aspx

Thought so.... Bah.... He don't want it, I got one more permit. I'll swipe it. ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Did some digging, apparently the P220 Elite comes in SAO, SA/DA, and DAK models.

Don't wait too long. Cause in OSA, they don't last. Stop over. I'm not there right now and I forget price. They won't give ya a price over phone. But call to make sure it's still there.

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

Yes that is the one, the P220 Stainless Elite. Since I will not be carrying it, I am looking for the full-sized version. I have budgeted for the price.

I am wary of buying used, as this would be primarily for home defense.

On the chance that you would have to use a firearm for home defense I would use a more mid ranged priced pistol in that caliber. I don't know what your local PD is like but when there is a shooting even in self defense in your home the gun will be taken and likely not returned. on the off chance it is returned I doubt it will be in good condition.

On the chance that you would have to use a firearm for home defense I would use a more mid ranged priced pistol in that caliber. I don't know what your local PD is like but when there is a shooting even in self defense in your home the gun will be taken and likely not returned. on the off chance it is returned I doubt it will be in good condition.

I'm sure even at the cost of a p220 it's a small cost. If I had to use the gun, the cost of it would be my least concern.

I appreciate that concern but if the gun functioned properly and I'm still alive, I would chalk it up to the cost of being able to walk away. Not that I expect my local PD to take and keep the gun forever or return it broken, but what happens after I am still alive and breathing is sort of secondary :)

As for the P220 Elite Stainless's weight, it clocks in at 39.1 oz, which is still LIGHTER than my Ruger Mark III Competition which comes in at 45 oz.  Without doing more math, I am guessing 8 rounds of .45ACP weighs as much or slightly more than 10 rounds of .22LR, so in the end shooting the P220 SE weight-wize should feel really close to my Ruger. And yes, it's heavy, when I shoot 300 rounds through it at the range my shoulder does get sore (I don't know how competition guys do it one-handed!). But just on cost alone I won't be routinely putting 300 rounds through the Sig each visit to the range.

As for the P220 Elite Stainless's weight, it clocks in at 39.1 oz, which is still LIGHTER than my Ruger Mark III Competition which comes in at 45 oz. Without doing more math, I am guessing 8 rounds of .45ACP weighs as much or slightly more than 10 rounds of .22LR, so in the end shooting the P220 SE weight-wize should feel really close to my Ruger. And yes, it's heavy, when I shoot 300 rounds through it at the range my shoulder does get sore (I don't know how competition guys do it one-handed!). But just on cost alone I won't be routinely putting 300 rounds through the Sig each visit to the range.

42 posts and ya haven't bought it yet? What you waiting for man? Sic'em! :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Would it matter, though?  If they're going to take the gun involved in the HD scenario, would they also not take your *entire* home inventory as well? Or are they not allowed to do that constitutionally while "under indictment," but not yet "convicted...."  ?

Would it matter, though?  If they're going to take the gun involved in the HD scenario, would they also not take your *entire* home inventory as well? Or are they not allowed to do that constitutionally while "under indictment," but not yet "convicted...."  ?

They usually take it as evidence. Doesn't necessarily mean you will be charged.

I guess if they feel a crime was committed right off the bat they would confiscate all firearms, but for what appears to be justified, they seem to just take the firearm used.

fordperf wrote: "Well because of the high cost, local places like RTSP charge like full retail. Honestly if I can shave $300 off the price using gunbroker or somewhere else, I will. I don't care if I order it from a local place or across the country, as long as they mail to my FFL it's all good."

SIG P220 ELITE 45ACP ST 4.4" NS 8RD

UPC# 798681406807

MSRP: $1396.00 + (NICS 15.00) + (Tax 7%) = $1509.77 out the door

RTSP Prices:

Non-member: $1225.00 + (NICS 15.00) + (Tax 7%) = $1326.80 out the door

RTSP Members get 5% off: $1225.00 + (NICS 15.00) + (Tax 7%) - (5% member discount) = $1260.46 out the door

Now if you get it online of course you save the tax, but you may have shipping and then transfer fees. Soooo, In the interest of keeping the doors of local ranges and gun stores open, internet is great for the internet businesses, but does nothing for the little guys and lots of times we are talking about saving as little as $25.00-$40.00.

We don't have any in stock of course, but I just sent a message to four of my distributors.

Well because of the high cost, local places like RTSP charge like full retail. Honestly if I can shave $300 off the price using gunbroker or somewhere else, I will. I don't care if I order it from a local place or across the country, as long as they mail to my FFL it's all good.

Ain't gonna happen - that puts it at or below cost. New guns are always sold with thin margins (compared to other retail enterprises), but no one is going to give it away.

I got one!!!!!! Want it?

If the price was a little tighter than $1327... I do give RTSP my business for range time and ammo, but a difference of $240 is not just $25-$40. I wish it were, I'd love to buy it from you. Any way to meet closer in the middle?