fordperf

What is up at Sig Sauer?

I have been looking to buy a P220 Stainless Elite for over a year, using sites like gunbroker, and this model is basically never to be found. Maybe, MAYBE 1 on auction every month or so. It's like Sig stopped making them or something. Does anyone know what's going on at Sig, are they ditching the P220 product line? It should'nt be this hard to buy one.. :/

I have been looking to buy a P220 Stainless Elite for over a year, using sites like gunbroker, and this model is basically never to be found. Maybe, MAYBE 1 on auction every month or so. It's like Sig stopped making them or something. Does anyone know what's going on at Sig, are they ditching the P220 product line? It should'nt be this hard to buy one.. :/

This one?  P220 Stainless Elite It's still on their website of active products... As is their P220 Stainless "carry" Elite

Not sure if it still holds true, but all of the stainless frames were made in Germany and as such, Exeter was at the mercy of the German production schedules. So batches of stainless frames, bound for the US, may be few and far between. You need to find a Sig dealer who moves a lot of their product, as they will get preference. On the net, that would be Top Gun, locally would be Jim Flynn.

You might also want to consider used. I believe that I saw one or two in the classifieds on the Sig Forum - and if they are advertised there, they will not be advertised anywhere else.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I found a lot of auctions on gunbroker right now for a p220 stainkess elite both carry and regular.

If you want to pay below a grand you wont find one. Maybe that s your problem?

Yes that is the one, the P220 Stainless Elite. Since I will not be carrying it, I am looking for the full-sized version. I have budgeted for the price.

I am wary of buying used, as this would be primarily for home defense. I do not know enough on how to know if the gun was 'abused' or poorly cared for, especially if all I have to go by is a gunbroker write-up. While I want to believe that owners of the finer made firearms would take care of them, I really have no idea if a used gun would fire or not, or how screwed I would be.

I assume that's something I can take to sat a place like RTSP and ask for some kind of inspection or verification that the gun is functional and trustworthy? Believe me to save a few bucks I would love to go used..

I found a lot of auctions on gunbroker right now for a p220 stainkess elite both carry and regular.

If you want to pay below a grand you wont find one. Maybe that s your problem?

A search right now for "P220 Stainless Elite -match -carry" comes up with two; one is NIB and $1200 the other is an Elite carry but not labeled as such..

Yes that is the one, the P220 Stainless Elite. Since I will not be carrying it, I am looking for the full-sized version. I have budgeted for the price.

I am wary of buying used, as this would be primarily for home defense. I do not know enough on how to know if the gun was 'abused' or poorly cared for, especially if all I have to go by is a gunbroker write-up. While I want to believe that owners of the finer made firearms would take care of them, I really have no idea if a used gun would fire or not, or how screwed I would be.

I assume that's something I can take to sat a place like RTSP and ask for some kind of inspection or verification that the gun is functional and trustworthy? Believe me to save a few bucks I would love to go used..

Also there is GunsAmerica....here is one New In Box? Cheapest i ve seen.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/918854027/SIG_SAUER_P220_ELITE_45ACP_STAINLESS_WITH_NIGHT_SIGHTS_NE.htm

Just Call Jim Flynn's Truck Repair in Glen Gardner and ask them if they have it. Was there last week. Lots of Sigs all over the place.

Are you set on 45ACP???

Also there is GunsAmerica....here is one New In Box? Cheapest i ve seen.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/918854027/SIG_SAUER_P220_ELITE_45ACP_STAINLESS_WITH_NIGHT_SIGHTS_NE.htm

Just Call Jim Flynn's Truck Repair in Glen Gardner and ask them if they have it. Was there last week. Lots of Sigs all over the place.

Are you set on 45ACP???

Yea for home defense I am set on .45 ACP. Should I trust gunsamerica.com they list it as 'manufacturer: smith & wesson' ;)

Yea for home defense I am set on .45 ACP. Should I trust gunsamerica.com they list it as 'manufacturer: smith & wesson' ;)

Here it is on the website of the seller. I dont think its a Smith ans Wesson.

http://www.onlinegundeals.com/ItemDetails/784962994/SIG_SAUER_P220_ELITE_45ACP_STAINLESS_WITH_NIGHT_SIGHTS_NE.htm

As for trusting Gunsamerica or anyone when buying online your guess is as good as mine.

Paying by CC has helped me many times with bad merchants though.

Again..... I would call Jim Flynn. You might be surprised at the orice and stock he actually has. If he has it you can hold it in your hand.

He does take cash or checks only though.

Another good Internet Search tool is this one -  GunWatcher.  It allows you to search for guns and also keeps 10 of your searches "stored" so that you can track pricing, etc. It will tell you whether one of your saved searches has either increased or decreased prices, since the last time you checked in.

A very valuable tool.

If someone could pm me the number for this Flynn guy I would appreciate it. I have heard of him before but I was able to find my Ruger online before needing him.

GunWatcher seems like a great site (along with gunbot.net for ammo which I use) Thanks!

I can get you an elite carry if interested (220R3-45-SSE)

No go on a full size Elite stainless (I think 220R-45-SSE)? Since I am not using it for carry, I wanted to get the larger heavier full size to help with the kick. Plus I was thinking a light/laser combo and I it looks better on the fullsize frame imho.

If someone could pm me the number for this Flynn guy I would appreciate it. I have heard of him before but I was able to find my Ruger online before needing him.

GunWatcher seems like a great site (along with gunbot.net for ammo which I use) Thanks!

Jim Flynn's Truck Repair

2135 New Jersey 31, Glen Gardner, NJ

(908) 537-6446

Pizza Bob has hot the nail on the head. NJPilot had the same issue. I was also waiting for a p229 stainless elite and had issues.

Yep. If I remember correctly, there was a quality issue with the Stainless Elite frames coming from Germany. Actually, they weren't coming due to problems with the production.

I forget, but after 8 or 12 weeks of waiting, I bought one in stock from someone out of state.

You might think this is weird, but I've never shot the p220 elite stainless. I fell in love with some of its specs and its a great manuf, and everyone tells me to just buy it because I'll love shooting it. I bought my Ruger the same way, never shot it before i bought it, and now I love shooting it. I just can't find a place that has a p220 stainless elite in stock as a rental for me to shoot. RTSP never does, they never have one in stock to even sell. Is it insane to buy a gun you've never fired lol

Edited by fordperf

Have you asked a local gun store if they can order one for you? Sometimes when I cannot find the model I want I will hunt at the local gun stores. Found one that has been in business for two generations and they seem to be able to find everything I ask for. The guy has connections.

They are made at certain times of the year. I went thru a similar situation a couple of years back.

Made some calls got a good price, then went to order it. OOS.

No stock anywhere. 6 months later no problem. Put your name on Top Gun Supply

"Notify when in stock" list.

If you want to come down to Jackson you can shoot mine.

Thanks for the offer but that is a haul from north jersey :)

If you want to come down to Jackson you can shoot mine.

ok i messed up multi-quote, dunno how to undo it lol.

Have you asked a local gun store if they can order one for you? Sometimes when I cannot find the model I want I will hunt at the local gun stores. Found one that has been in business for two generations and they seem to be able to find everything I ask for. The guy has connections.

Well because of the high cost, local places like RTSP charge like full retail. Honestly if I can shave $300 off the price using gunbroker or somewhere else, I will. I don't care if I order it from a local place or across the country, as long as they mail to my FFL it's all good.

They are made at certain times of the year. I went thru a similar situation a couple of years back.

Made some calls got a good price, then went to order it. OOS.

No stock anywhere. 6 months later no problem. Put your name on Top Gun Supply

"Notify when in stock" list.

I just signed up for their notification, thanks!

Thanks but the Match is SAO, I am looking for SA/DA.

The firearm pictured in the link and the specifications on Sig's website say that is SA/DA.

https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220-match-elite.aspx