Fzaetz

Case of 22LR

I've been watching gunbot.net at least once a day for months and buying ammo when a deal showed up.  I've been able to get quite a bit of many different calibers at really good prices.  

I haven't seen a deal in at least 2 months.  I haven't seen .22 in under .10/round in 2 months.  It's as if all of the ammo prices have finally stabilized but at the new higher price.

So up until a couple of months ago, I was still finding deals on .22.  The next gun was going to be a ruger 22/45 but I'm rethinking that now.

Only buy what you need in the near future.  The big price drop is still coming.  As panic buyers dry up from lack of funds the price has to drop.  Once here it won't last long before going up again to settle somewhere between today's prices and the "dip" price.  Sales have to continue.  To many businesses rely on  it.

Only buy what you need in the near future. The big price drop is still coming. As panic buyers dry up from lack of funds the price has to drop.

The other calibers I regularly buy (.38, .357, .45acp & 9mm) have pretty much returned to pre panic (or maybe slightly higher) prices. 22lr is only one that's still consistently overpriced.

I don't think it's panic buying or stockpiling at this point. 10¢ might be the new floor.

I just scored a whole lot of my favorite caliber, .22lr for exactly 9 cents/round, around 9.5 cents after shipping. Armslist, baybee! The seller probably sleeps in the WalMart parking lot. Good for him. I'll sleep at home because I can't get the stuff anywhere else for a reasonable price, and I have a bad, bad habit.