gleninjersey

Where Do You Think North/South Jersey Begins

+1 for the Driscoll bridge. Also, if there are more than 2 wawa's in any direction within 10 minutes you're in SJ

Sent from my LG G2 using tapatalk

There are Wawa's also in NW NJ (Warren County and Hunterdon County north of I-78).  Any place near the PA border.  I assume since their HQ'd near Del. county, PA.

Nice how so many people are trying to make South Jersey bigger than it is.There IS a central Jersey, that's true, though it's boundaries would cause more problems than mere north and south. I had always considered the old 609/201 thing the true border, or mebbee 195.

I was born in Middlesex General Hospital but grew up in Gloucester County, so I'm a South Jersey boy through and through, even though where I live now used to be 201. Remember the 51st state t-shirts, South Jersey RULES! Go Iggles! Let's go Fly-ERS!

I would say Sussex Morris, & Warren. N.West NJ. Even The most northern parts of Hunterton and Somerset, Could be borderline.

Yeah, I think a little "gerrymandering" is in order, here.   I'll take Warren, Sussex, Hunterdon, Northern Somerset and western Morris County (west of Morristown). Maybe I'll also take parts of Parsippany and Montville as well. :)

Yeah, I think a little "gerrymandering" is in order, here. I'll take Warren, Sussex, Hunterdon, Northern Somerset and western Morris County (west of Morristown). Maybe I'll also take parts of Parsippany and Montville as well. :)

lol yeah montville is the Morris county border with Passaic. I develop a rash once I travel much past Denville east lol. I think I'm allergic to liberals :lol:

lol yeah montville is the Morris county border with Passaic. I develop a rash once I travel much past Denville east lol. I think I'm allergic to liberals :lol:

Passaic and Essex (the Caldwells, Fairfield, etc.).   Actually, I'd drop Montville, if I could get the Don Pepe II restaurant to move to the Parsippany side. The best Castillian Spanish restaurant around!  :D

Passaic and Essex (the Caldwells, Fairfield, etc.). Actually, I'd drop Montville, if I could get the Don Pepe II restaurant to move to the Parsippany side. The best Castillian Spanish restaurant around! :D

The seafood house on old Bloomfield, is awesome. Glad that I no longer have to drive to Newark to the original on 21 for good piaya. I think they're Portuguese but Spain is close enough lol.

The seafood house on old Bloomfield, is awesome. Glad that I no longer have to drive to Newark to the original on 21 for good piaya. I think they're Portuguese but Spain is close enough lol.

For Portugese, I'd go to Fernandes Stakehouse  in Old Bridge. The "Meat Parade" (Rodizio) is the best! :)

For Portugese, I'd go to Fernandes Stakehouse in Old Bridge. The "Meat Parade" (Rodizio) is the best! :)

never been there ill have to try it. I always likes Ruths Chris, Don Pepe, and Arthur's in Morris Plains for steaks.

State is 167 miles tall. The geek in me says that at 83.5 miles you draw the south/north delimitation. That would be roughly the I195 line.

If you want thirds then that is roughly 55 miles so South would be a line passing roughly from Glassboro to Stafford through the Wharton state forest, Central would be between that and a line roughly between Felmington and Edison, and the North being the rest.

That should put this debate to rest :)

This is how I explain it to people.

BTW Maks swears I live in south Jersey because I live 2 miles south of 195.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

If you see Giants Shirts, you are in North Jersey.

If you see Eagles Shirts, you are in South Jersey.

If you see Jets shirts you have obviously slipped into a parallel dimension.

This is pretty much it.

The demarcation, although not perfect, is 195 through the Garden State Parkway, just dying out around Route 70.

Not everything north of 195 is new york. All of Trenton is South Jersey, or Central, or just terrible. It's not North. Go a little fruther and you'll get there. But every damn thing East of the Garden State Parkway is New York, petering out around route 70. As soon as you get West of the GSP you start the transition of getting out of NY south of 195. And largely, between 195 and 78.

The Cape May Canal is the dividing line.

ROFLMAO

Wow, talk about an entertaining thread. Some of these responses are pure gold.

195 makes the most sense if splitting state into N and S. If we consider a central Jersey also, then it should be done by counties.