Rob0115

Mental health background payment

I can't remember who the check is made out to and the amount.  Is Division of State Police SBI for 18 bucks?  Picked up paper work and the instructions were missing and I can never remember this.

And while the form is available for download I could not find any information on the SP website.

$18 was for background check and is now done online at a cost of $20 (+$2 online fee).  If going through NJSP you will only need check for $2/permit made out to Divsion of State Police.

More info here in this recent post -

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/68599-fpid-p2p-application-process/

Check with your town. I have a useless money order sitting in my console because I filled it out. I think it's scrap paper now.

Woodbridge twp. Changed over since the last time I picked up P2P's.

Ditto^^^ I made the same $18 mistake. I hate the people at the post office so I didn't bring it back to ask for a refund. Wish I didn't already make it out to the State police SBI.

Well now almost 2 months later the easy digital way still hasn't come back. Called the clerk and after 6 weeks all their work is done but waiting on the background. So much for woodbridge being quick!! Called again today same status

Could the delay be the county adjustor's office itself (i.e. mental health service), not necessarily the fact that it's delivered electronically vs, "hard copy?"  In a busy county, it could take a while...

You seem to be confusing two separate elements of the application process. The on-line electronic check is the non-criminal background check, formerly form SBI-212A. The mental health check is still a manual process initiated by the submission of form SP-066, which you should have signed in the presence of the intake LEO. The on-line check is $20, the mental health check is done at no charge.

Did you furnish your PD with your confirmation number for the on-line check? You may be able to call the NJSP with that number and find out your status. Maybe your local PD is blowing smoke up your a$$.

EDIT: The clerk may mean the mental health check (which has nothing to do with the on-line check). Mental health checks are still done manually, and if you supplied more than one address (i.e. you haven't been at your current address for 10 years) they need to search in that county also.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Your both right. The mental health is the only thing that hasn't come back. Trying to push the process along without being annoying then being pushed to the bottom of the pile. I have someone holding a like new model 19 and don't want to lose it. They have done my check twice in the past year so I thought the time frame would at least be the same, wasn't expecting double the wait. So now it's time to watch the calendar days float by. Then again it could be worse.