Paltik

9mm Semi auto handgun

92FS FTW.

It was my first handgun.  I liked the idea of seing a hammer and knowing whether it was cocked.  I also like the long double action first shot.  Made me feel more comfortable with it.

As time has passed, I still love this gun.  It is accurate, comfortable and reliable.  I have well over 10K rounds in a little over a year and exactly 1 hiccup with crappy ammo.

M&P, XD, Sig 320, Walther PPQ, FN FNS, SR9, etc etc

all extremely solid suggestions..

at the end, you have to shoot a few of them to be able to decide...

so many 9mm poly striker fired guns out there, impossible to give you real direction..  i mean, full size?  compact?   what purpose is it for?  etc, etc

92FS FTW.

It was my first handgun.  I liked the idea of seing a hammer and knowing whether it was cocked.  I also like the long double action first shot.  Made me feel more comfortable with it.

As time has passed, I still love this gun.  It is accurate, comfortable and reliable.  I have well over 10K rounds in a little over a year and exactly 1 hiccup with crappy ammo.

considering he said poly and striker fired, that pretty much leaves the 92FS out... 

(me on the other hand, i will be picking one of these up shortly)

I own a P99 QA.  Love the gun, hate the trigger.  It's a rough, heavy pull.  It's my home defense pistol, so I'm not going to mod it.  A heavy trigger pull during a stessful encounter can be a good thing (won't fire unless you REALLY want it to).

If you said polymer framed and striker fired under $700 I mean, how can you NOT go with the Glock!  It's like The Rose Bowl bro, The GrandDaddy of Them All !!!  In that I would highly recommend either the 17 or 19-

The Glock 17 is the originator, none greater, finished right there... .The full size, "high capacity" (read: 17 rounds) 9mm combat pistol made of space-age polymer and built to last last last in the world of space the final frontier and combat.  It is The One That Started Glock lol.

However, equally popular if not perhaps a bit moreso?  is the Glock 19, which is officially classified as "compact" but perhaps "midsized" is more of an accurate description, as a 19 or 23 (the .40 equivalent to a 19 which I also own) fit pretty much "full sized" for my hands.  But they are not the "fullest size" that is the 17/22 etc.

If you ever plan to conceal the gun for carrying obviously the 19 would be the way to go, as it is one of the most popular CCW weapons there is... holds 15 rounds of 9mm in a nice and good sized gun, not too big not too little.

However, the G17 is the Essence of Glock and is a symbol of power and purity lol.  Polymer Power baby!

Glock Perfection baby.

If you said polymer framed and striker fired under $700 I mean, how can you NOT go with the Glock!  It's like The Rose Bowl bro, The GrandDaddy of Them All !!!  In that I would highly recommend either the 17 or 19-

The Glock 17 is the originator, none greater, finished right there... .The full size, "high capacity" (read: 17 rounds) 9mm combat pistol made of space-age polymer and built to last last last in the world of space the final frontier and combat.  It is The One That Started Glock lol.

However, equally popular if not perhaps a bit moreso?  is the Glock 19, which is officially classified as "compact" but perhaps "midsized" is more of an accurate description, as a 19 or 23 (the .40 equivalent to a 19 which I also own) fit pretty much "full sized" for my hands.  But they are not the "fullest size" that is the 17/22 etc.

If you ever plan to conceal the gun for carrying obviously the 19 would be the way to go, as it is one of the most popular CCW weapons there is... holds 15 rounds of 9mm in a nice and good sized gun, not too big not too little.

However, the G17 is the Essence of Glock and is a symbol of power and purity lol.  Polymer Power baby!

Glock Perfection baby.

and this is what we call a Glock Fanboi....

seriously though..  he said besides Glock...  :facepalm:

I am sorry I must have skipped right past the beside Glock part, I do see it now and admit I was wrong, I guess it was the "momentum" feature of my trackpad which keeps going when you start to slide down a page.

As far as fanboi, you can shake your head all you like, am I supposed to be embarrassed or something?  It's not like it's the only thing I own, I just think that it's a great firearm and if you say to someone "I want a polymer, striker fired, 9mm pistol below $700"  ** AND YOU OF COURSE MISS THE PART THEY MENTION BESIDES A GLOCK, which I admit I didn't see and am therefore out of boundary for this exercise **, Glock is the logical and probably easily-most-probable answer.

Sorry you don't feel that way .

LOL.

Scrap's GLOCK encomium notwithstanding, you really should at least give the G19 a test run.

I mean, sure, it's blocky, plastic, inelegant and far from the belle of the ball. But that's the case for most poly-framed, striker fired, bottom feeders anyway.  And the GLOCK is well-regarded for its ruggedness, simplicity and dependability.

Would it be my first choice?

Not unless they stop making revolvers, metal-framed guns and guns with hammers. But in that world (which is what your parameters set-up), yeah, the GLOCK would be first.