Tallday

Cabelas won't deliver smokless powder to nj?

Stinks. ..... so what do you do? Drive to PA?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yes, it gives you a reason to drive to their store.  The only concern is to ensure that they have it in stock in the store.

If they have a sale online, you can get the store to price match if they have it.  I did this when they had a sale online for primers.

Anyone know of another shop closer to Jersey?

T&T Reloading in Easton is just over the border off rt 22.

Check his website (tntreloading.com) for evening weekday hours and to verify he's open on any given Saturday.

He works the gun show circuit so sometimes he's closed Saturdays. The inventory list on his site is NOT up to date and does not reflect what he has in stock.

Even during the recent shortages I was always able to get enough components & powder from him to keep me shooting.

Before you go, make a list of acceptable substitutes, because he doesn't always have exactly what you're looking for.

Regarding T&T Reloading...

If you are using a GPS or Google maps to plan you route, just verify that the map destination is across the road from the Falls Township cemetery.

The first time I went, the address, as listed, took me one town over.

good to know thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Do you have a NYC address?  Cabela's used to ship powder/primers to a NYC address of all places.  I'm not sure if that has changed recently.  I had powder delivered to NYC a couple of years ago.

Will they ship components to an ffl?

Probably not. I emailed them a couple weeks a ago and got nothing from their CSR. Just kinda said it's the policy and there's nothing to be done about it.

Doesn't matter any way. I love 15 minutes from their delaware store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I ordered powder, they wouldnt ship it to the PA store for me to pickup.

Same with me a couple of years ago. Great sale on 8 lb jug of Varget. Out of stock in Hamburg. Wouldn't ship to Jersey or the store.

Had it shipped to my bosses house in PA at the time.

Stupid policies.

On my way home from FL, I stopped in the Cabela's in Christina.  I couldn't believe all the ammo just sitting on shelves awaiting their owners... :D

If this store is half the size of the Hamburg store, that place must be a fortress!   Can't wait to go back.

a couple weeks ago the hamburg store had all the primers you could shake a stick at. They were stashing them in every display nook and cranny. Like 7lbs of powder in the whole store, and the only useful one was some 4895. They also had all the .223 and birdshot you could want at $0.50 a round. Literally pallets all over the store of the .223. 

Lots more variety of heads for reloading pistol than in the past. Prices were meh. 

IMO wherever you go, grab primers and brass now, cause I'll bet money when powder starts showing up, something else will be in short supply.