BackwoodsCustomCoatings

For those who carry, What is your choice of brand?

Hornandy Critical Defense. G-d forbid I ever get into a shooting, at least the box says "Critical Defense" and not "Zombymax Fleshripper" or whatever.

This. Plus they have that polymer tip for feeding reliability. They're also in my home defense gun.

I used to carry my Glock 23. A little large and heavy for daily carry, although still my favorite gun. I now carry my M&P Shield in 9mm. .40 is fine in the 23, it was a little much in the Shield for me.

Pocket carry. Sw bodyguard 380 with Hornady Critical Defense

it's like we're brothers from another mother. Either what Respect2a said or my pm9 with critical defense. I have a LCR in 38sp but haven't carried it yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just curious. Is the popularity of Critical Defense/Duty due to the hope that it won't be considered hollow point should legal complications arise? Anecdotally, it doesn't seem to be as popular in Free America compared to Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, etc.

Just curious. Is the popularity of Critical Defense/Duty due to the hope that it won't be considered hollow point should legal complications arise? Anecdotally, it doesn't seem to be as popular in Free America compared to Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, etc.

bingo. That's what I'm hoping but who can be really sure. Also seems to feed the best through the pm9. The bodyguard eats anything.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

This is probably the best source of information on defensive handgun loads:  http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4337-Service-Caliber-Handgun-Duty-and-Self-Defense-Ammo.  I would follow this instead of Hornady advertising or YouTube videos with dudes shootin' stuff in their yards.

No flavor of Hornady Critical Defense has passed the FBI's minimum penetration requirements, and the only variant of Critical Duty to pass is the .45 220 gr +P.  Pick any of the loads listed on Gary Roberts' list then perform sufficient function testing to be sure it feeds in your gun.

critical defense as well...carry and home

Same for me.  

I'm a bit confused here.  I thought the difference between H "Defense" and "Duty" is that the latter has better penetration through barriers, like

walls and windshields.  Is that correct?  And if so, is that an advantage or a disadvantage?

The only brands that I now buy and trust are:

Sig

HK

S&W

FNH

Ruger

That covers all 9 of my carry and home defense guns. Not one has jammed in the last 4 years which is something I cannot say about the other brands I have tried, Glock, Remington and Colt included.