Z71

buying pellet rifle at Dicks, what is the process

evening folks looking to buy a pair of pellet rifles for the kid and I..yes i have the fid...noob to the retail purchase thing;;;just looking for a heads up on what to expect as far as purchasing goes ie;forms, extra fees, special tax, and or nics check, cost ?

my plan is to get the daisy model 880 or 760..really depends on how my pocket feels that day...

4. Blackpowder and pellet long gun purchases by

....A. NJ resident from

........(1) NJ dealer = only a FPID, COE and Photo ID required

........(2) NJ resident = face to face with a FPID, COE with Photo ID suggested

........(3) Out-of-state dealer = no requirement

........(4) Out-of-state resident = no requirement

....B. Non-resident from

........(1) NJ dealer = only a FPID, COE and Photo ID required

........(2) NJ resident = face to face with a FPID, COE with Photo ID suggested or transfer must take place out-of-state

You have to pay NICS and fill out state paperwork. No federal paperwork.

I worked there for a while, did this all the time.

No NICS or 4473 is needed. Only a COE. You stole from your customers.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Since when is NICS a requirement to buy a pellet or black powder firearm in NJ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

what do you expect from Dick's. That store is like trying to get a FIDcard in Jersey City, they just make up their own ridiculous rules.

No NICS or 4473 is needed. Only a COE. You stole from your customers. Sent from an undisclosed location.

Believe it or not, there are forum vendors who said they'd run NICS for pellet rifle when I was shopping a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS^^^^^^

That's why you shouldn't buy from Dicks...........

There are plenty of vendors, several that I know of on this forum that will sell you a pellet rifle without any problems and I know of a a few that will probably beat Dick's prices as well!

for those that were curious about the end result.....I took the well meaning advice of those here.. crossed into free America today and found what I was after

in a walmart in stroudsburg,pa...a daisy model 880, shoots 800fps....the price was 20 less than dicks in nj...so I bought 2, plus ammo............

they had two isles of pistols,and rifles  one side was real guns from shotgun to hp rifles, some pistols...woman behind the counter said they were overstocked but low on ammo...the end .

LMAO HILARIOUS NJ is funny, a toy has to be treated as a weapon...Seriously take a road trip and got to a walmart and have at them. Easy as buying a pop and hoagie.

Just make sure that you transfer it properly back to NJ... Locked up, out of reach, etc.  If you buy a  / Pellet pistol don't make any stops until you get to your home or the range.  It would probably be a good idea to have your FID card with you.

Enjoy those two Daisy's.  

Hold on, if it's a pistol, isn't that breaking the law since there would have needed to be a P2P process done? Personally, I got so paranoid about this bulldhit that I didn't even look at pistols for fear of breaking the law. Hell, I even did the COE for the pellet rifle that I bought out of state!

Grrr... This issue is so stupid!!!

If you purchased it "legally" out of state, then you can bring it back is my impression. PA doesn't consider a BB pistol a firearm. So they don't need to transfer to a NJ FFL for the sale. in NJ however a PTP is required to buy a BB pistol.

So why anyone would actually purchase one in NJ is beyond me. I can drive 30min to WalMart in E.Stroudsberg, or go through all the paperwork and $22 for a permit, wait a month and then pay more here than I would in PA for the same item.

Hypothetically, if I were to purchase a bb or pellet pistol in another (non-communist) state and bring it back to NJ, in it's original wrapper, get pulled over and have it found without "papers," what then?

"Oh, officer, I just bought this pistol across the river and they don't recognize it as a real firearm, so I though it would be OK..."

"Where's the paperwork that goes along with it?"

See where I'm going?

Hypothetically, if I were to purchase a bb or pellet pistol in another (non-communist) state and bring it back to NJ, in it's original wrapper, get pulled over and have it found without "papers," what then?

"Oh, officer, I just bought this pistol across the river and they don't recognize it as a real firearm, so I though it would be OK..."

"Where's the paperwork that goes along with it?"

See where I'm going?

No, it was legally purchased where you bought it. Thats the answer to the cops question. A permit to "PURCHASE" is only to "purchase" not posses or own. No laws were broken that I'm aware of. Otherwise it would be called a "permit to posses" or "permit to own". The reason its only to purchase is because NJ is smart when it comes to circumventing the bill of rights. Requiring a permit to own or posses woud be a blatant violation of the 2nd amendment. There is no wording in the second amendment protecting purchasing a firearm. Some will argue with that statement I'm sure. Basically your right to Keep arms shall not be infringed, as long as the BB pistol was legally bought out of state I don't think there's much they could charge you with.