Sign in to follow this  
siderman

Chrysler techs- pwr locks?

The  pwr locks on my 2005 T&C stopped working. All at the same time. Did the key cycle/chime routine, nada. Did some research and it appears there is a issue with this and Chrysler issued a software fix to its dealers to flash the BCM. Went to a dealer and the service dept said it doesnt work for them 99% of the time...I thought that an odd thing to say since they could have said its 50/50, no guerentee on the $115 computer hookup and just take my money Maybe they are mis-informed on the fix somehow?, IDK.  I know the locks can work because I can pull the underhood fuse for them and they will re-set and operate but just for a short time, depending on how many times they are cycled. So I guess my question is was this dealer actually out of the loop and is there actually a fix for this, maybe go to another dealer? Thanx for any advice. BTW- they do work manually just a pia mostly for my wife as I have a truck.