OchoBlue

Lone Wolf 40 to 9 mm conversion barrel on a Glock 23

Obviously there is less recoil with 9mm than .40 cal.  I don't notice any difference in accuracy.  I have a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for my Gen4 G22 and you should be away that in a Gen4 Glock you will want to get a G19 recoil spring to use with the conversion in your G23.  If you don't do this you will end up with lots of stove pipes and other ejection / extraction failures as the .40cal recoil spring is too strong for 9mm.  Once I went to the G17 spring in my G22 I have yet to have a single issue when using 9mm.

I have the exact combination and have probably shot more 9mm than 40 through my G23 over time.  The recoil is a bit less due to the cartridge, not due to the gun.  Accuracy is excellent.  I ordered mine directly from the Lone Wolf website.  Most places that carry their barrels will have common conversions like 40 to 9mm, but their website has everything they make.  You can also order "blind marking", which eliminates their logo on the outside if that is your preference, and a few other options that typically won't be available through a reseller.  They make other products as well, so it is worth browsing around their site a bit just to be aware of their product line.

My lone wolf conversion has been 100 reliable with a glock 19 mag.

Only extra I do is also replace the recoil spring(rod) to the gen 4 glock 19 rod.

I got my Gen 3 G23 the first week of Jan 2010 and two weekx later I had ordered a LWD 40-9 conversion barrel. I ordered from Lone Wolf Dist and couldn't have been happier, I got my Trijicons from them, the 40-9 bbl, and a few other things I cant remember.

The bbl has been basically perfect, you need to use 9mm mags but its no big problem. Apparently you can have poor results with WWB and other similar 115gr fmj ammo of low power or cheap quality etc. I might have had a few minor failures the first box or two of ammo but otherwise perfect. Best decision I made for my G23.

If I was buying a new * .40 * bbl I might buy a match bbl like a Bar-Sto or Storm Lake but for conversion bbl or threaded bbl or even extended/ported for fun, LWD is great and reasonable.

With used Glocks being readily available and inexpensive, what's the advantage of having one gun that can shoot two calibers vs actually owning two separate guns?

Is it just the money*?

*Even going with the least expensive option (lone wolf) $100 for the bbl, $50 for two mags and a $15-20 spring = $170

vs $320 for a used G22

(eg http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=UG-GLOCK22G3)

With used Glocks being readily available and inexpensive, what's the advantage of having one gun that can shoot two calibers vs actually owning two separate guns?

Is it just the money*?

*Even going with the least expensive option (lone wolf) $100 for the bbl, $50 for two mags and a $15-20 spring = $170

vs $320 for a used G22

for some its not havingnto use another permit

By the time you pay shipping, transfer fees, etc. the price will be a bit higher for another gun but I don't think the price is really an issue.  Permits and OGAM are definitely an issue, mostly because the process is such a PITA.  However, I think for me the convenience factor of being able to shoot what is available, or inexpensive, or whatever I am just in the mood for, is compelling.

Is it just the money*?

vs $320 for a used G22

It also depends on the use of the pistol. If its for uspsa or idpa in production divisions, may as well get 9mm. If its for one of the modified divisions, then 40 may be the better choice. If you drop in a conversion barrel, then you are shooting modified with a minor score. Or, get the 40 and mod it a bit for limited, then use the 9 conversion barrel for steel. For my M&P, I went 9 as I was going to mod it for uspsa open. If I was going for limited, I would have went 40. I used it first for production to get used to the platform and make my mod list. Now its carved up and converted over to open, where I am using it for steel and uspsa Open minor until I run through more factory ammo, then I can reload myself for major.

For me the lower has been modified to suit my needs.  This way the slide can be whatever it wants (22lr, 9MM, 40MM, 357Sig), but the lower is what I want and never changes.  Only one expense in customizing it, and make for better shooting sessions.