SJ Shooter

Crawfish Fest in Sussex County this weekend

Sell I'm a Louisiana boy with Louisiana friends stuck in NJ so it's a taste of home...it's actually a very nice fest.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I get that bro. I've been to NOLA, once in 1995 for Tech-Ed.  One of my best times.  I loved to go to "Mulates" restaurant near the Waterfront. And walk in all the waterfront mall stores. Of course, this was pre-Katrina so  I have no idea what it's like now. I hope it's recovered OK....

Sell I'm a Louisiana boy with Louisiana friends stuck in NJ so it's a taste of home...it's actually a very nice fest. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yep. Was there in 2011 and 2012.

Good music and good food. Ha good time.

I lived in Lafayette, La for a year in the late '90s.

Do miss the food.

My question ...Will it be worth it? I can pinch and suck heads with the best of them but past experiences have been less that authentic....usually under seasoned,mudbugs imported from China and children's portions at more than adult prices.

My question ...Will it be worth it? I can pinch and suck heads with the best of them but past experiences have been less that authentic....usually under seasoned,mudbugs imported from China and children's portions at more than adult prices.

Duppie, I've been following some of your posts with regards to food, and I am impressed with your experience. I'm a born and bred north Jersey boy, but I have been to Jazz fest in New Orleans 6 or so times (lost count) and the Big Easy about 11 or so times. If it wasn't for the humidity and the termites I'd be writing this post from there. That being said, Crawfishfest is the closest you'll come to an outdoors music fest with genuine N'awlins food. They ship in like 5 tons of Louisiana crawfish the night before. I've been to about 10 crawfishfests, and have seen some great bands.

Unfortunately, my daughters' dance recitals have always been scheduled that same freaking weekend for the past three years. I've missed out on a lot of Meters, Cowboy Mouth, and Long Tall Marcia Ball!

Anybody know if there is one of those self service ice units off of Hwy 15 like Augusta area where u can get loose ice or cheap big bag. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think there's a Quick Check and and Exxon station at the corner of 15 and 94.

Duppie, I've been following some of your posts with regards to food, and I am impressed with your experience. I'm a born and bred north Jersey boy, but I have been to Jazz fest in New Orleans 6 or so times (lost count) and the Big Easy about 11 or so times. If it wasn't for the humidity and the termites I'd be writing this post from there. That being said, Crawfishfest is the closest you'll come to an outdoors music fest with genuine N'awlins food. They ship in like 5 tons of Louisiana crawfish the night before. I've been to about 10 crawfishfests, and have seen some great bands.

Unfortunately, my daughters' dance recitals have always been scheduled that same freaking weekend for the past three years. I've missed out on a lot of Meters, Cowboy Mouth, and Long Tall Marcia Ball!

Just the fact that the bugs come in from Louisiana is encouraging...perhaps its worth a trip.

I usually set a spread in summer in the Swedish tradition with bugs boiled in beer and dill,cheese pie,lots of schnaps and beer.