Golf battery

Do you use ketchup or mustard on your hotdogs.

Wow Arnold! So if you ask them to leave something out because you have a food allergy they give you a hard time? That's BS! I would be pissed myself. Certain things that I like my body doesn't, like dairy products. So i understand what the "worst way" means...

I don't ever try to be "confrontational..."  and never "on purpose." I just try to find something on the menu I think I can handle. Most of the time, I do. But there are problems, sometimes. In a particular restaurant overseas, I was seated at a "chef's table."  The chef started to notice that I was having difficulty with something (i.e pushing it to the side of the plate, etc.), and started to get a little nervous. He finally asked me if something was wrong, and when I explained my situation to him (i.e. not *his* fault, but *mine*), he was nice enough to cook me something a little different that was great.  Sometimes, it works out.  :)

But there are some places that only cook it their way, and take offense if you ask for it a different way. To be fair, in my case, it's not "anaphylaxis" really but G.I. reactions in *either* direction... mostly "southern..." :(   The only thing i know about that is anaphylactic in nature for me is Strawberries.  I have to be very careful with fruits in general ("tropical/melons" are usually bad... "citrus" and selected berries (black & ras) are usually safe). Plus, anything that is "vinegar" based or has sufficient quantities is not good.  But with exceptions... If weak enough, or masked by other spices/ingredients, I can tolerate some vinegar based things (BBQ Sauce, A1 Steak Sauce, Worcestershire, etc),

And, to bring the thread home, I can also tolerate and enjoy...... you know.... that "K"  condiment..... on my burgers/dogs, fries, etc.  :shok:

Had to resurrect this thread for this. Restaurant in FL doesn't serve ketchup to any customers below the age of 10! This place is awesome! This just re enforces my platform of ketchup on your hot dog is for kids! Must be the 4 years I spent attending Johnson & Wales University learning to appreciate food, without ketchup lol...http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/09/03/ketchup-banned-at-florida-restaurant-sparks-national-food-debate/

10 year olds? That's being generous, ketchup should only be for 8 & under.

But isn't that kinda "self-defeating?"  I mean, once the taste is ingrained in you during your "Wonder Bread"  years, it doesn't go away simply because you get older, right? :D

I believe i said under 5 years old and your mommy still cuts your dog up for you into bite size pieces without a bun, then Ketchup was acceptable. That was a post I made in the Taylor Ham vs Pork Roll thread when someone tried to change the subject over there, witch in turn spawned this thread. That thread is so big now I don't feel like reading back through all of it to copy and paste exactly what I said. But yeah bro you and I are on the same page about the acceptable age for the end of Ketchup and the transition to mustard phase of life lol...

Yeah i started this thread and still feel ketchup is fors small minors. And im glad to see most of you agree with me. Its pork roll Not taylor ham. But for those of you that think its taylor ham. Ive made my peace. And forgive you.

Wow, cool thread!

For me, mustard and kraut and onions, or "all the way" fried dog (mustard, onions and chili sauce, think Johnny and Hanges or Hot Grill), or mustard relish on a ripper at Ruts Hut.

Wife likes katsup and relish...opposites DO attract! LOL

I agree with HBecwithFn7's point, some people have a physical aversion to some flavors, spices or ingredients/condiments, myself included. I just can't tolerate really crazy hot stuff, like chili's/jalapenos, gobs of tabasco, many of the spicy aioli's, layers of hot pepper flakes, etc.

A little is OK, but I have noticed many chefs use them abundantly in their cooking these days. I travel frequently and eat out a lot when I do, and have been to many restaurants from 5 star places to 1 star local dives.

I don't have a problem anymore asking for a dish on the menu to be made without the "fire-branded imported chili aioli sauce" or "slathered in a crafty mix of chipotle, Thai spices, angry onion and jalapeno mayo" if possible. Most places are happy to oblige and if asked I simply say that spicy stuff just bothers my mouth something awful, which is true. I am a spice wus! Many wait staff will tell me if a dish is overly spiced or very hot.

However I have come across some places that employ the chef-Nazi, and are insulted that I request an alteration to their culinary creations.  I have left one or two restaurants because the chef has come out and questioned my order. One dude, who was highly insulted that I asked for his garnishings to be put on the side (just in case) wanted to chastise me in front of a room full of people. Whatadick! 

Yeah, some would say high maintenance. At this point in my life I look at it this way. If I am going to pay $30 - $50 for a meal, then I would like something that I will enjoy. One bite of something too overpoweringly spicy for me can actually ruin the whole night by the time I recover.   

I usually go with a grilled steak, veal chop or chicken dish, salt and pepper, or broiled seafood with butter and lemon. Simple pleasures. I do enjoy a mild buffalo wing now and again though.

PS - LOVE a good cheeseburger, and for that I use Katsup! ;)

Wow, cool thread!

For me, mustard and kraut and onions, or "all the way" fried dog (mustard, onions and chili sauce, think Johnny and Hanges or Hot Grill), or mustard relish on a ripper at Ruts Hut.

Wife likes katsup and relish...opposites DO attract! LOL

I agree with HBecwithFn7's point, some people have a physical aversion to some flavors, spices or ingredients/condiments, myself included. I just can't tolerate really crazy hot stuff, like chili's/jalapenos, gobs of tabasco, many of the spicy aioli's, layers of hot pepper flakes, etc.

A little is OK, but I have noticed many chefs use them abundantly in their cooking these days. I travel frequently and eat out a lot when I do, and have been to many restaurants from 5 star places to 1 star local dives.

I don't have a problem anymore asking for a dish on the menu to be made without the "fire-branded imported chili aioli sauce" or "slathered in a crafty mix of chipotle, Thai spices, angry onion and jalapeno mayo" if possible. Most places are happy to oblige and if asked I simply say that spicy stuff just bothers my mouth something awful, which is true. I am a spice wus! Many wait staff will tell me if a dish is overly spiced or very hot.

However I have come across some places that employ the chef-Nazi, and are insulted that I request an alteration to their culinary creations.  I have left one or two restaurants because the chef has come out and questioned my order. One dude, who was highly insulted that I asked for his garnishings to be put on the side (just in case) wanted to chastise me in front of a room full of people. Whatadick! 

Yeah, some would say high maintenance. At this point in my life I look at it this way. If I am going to pay $30 - $50 for a meal, then I would like something that I will enjoy. One bite of something too overpoweringly spicy for me can actually ruin the whole night by the time I recover.   

I usually go with a grilled steak, veal chop or chicken dish, salt and pepper, or broiled seafood with butter and lemon. Simple pleasures. I do enjoy a mild buffalo wing now and again though.

PS - LOVE a good cheeseburger, and for that I use Katsup! ;)

Believe it or not, I can actually do a few hot things (Thai Chili, Wasabi, etc.). I used to gobble up Wasabi peas as a snack (they got to be a bit fattening... :blush:)..  But for safety reasons, I haven't gotten into the super ridiculous peppers (Habaneros, Scotch Bonnet, Bhut Jolokia etc.)...  And  I know I can't do any of the Mexican peppers (Jalapeño, etc.).  And, of course, most of those hot sauces (Tabasco, etc.) are vinegar based. :(

Don't knock it till you've tried it!. I invented it decades before and then all of a sudden, they are selling them in NY at hotdog wagons..

Hotdog with Ketchup and Skippy Chunky Peanut Butter... (Don't tell me you don't like peanut butter on hotdogs when you'll eat it on Chinese Food)...

If not in the mood for PB, then Mustard... If Avail, Mustard and Kraut or Mustard and Carmalized Onions...

I don't like hotdogs, I got one at a carnival or something when I was little, and it made me sick. Ever since then I've never cared for them.

I do, however, like Brats with sauerkraut on them--perhaps stereotypically.

Lol, Once, my gf and I went out for German food (Since we usually had Vietnamese, figured she ought to try my people's cuisine). And she got the most stereotypical german food ever. It was a wurst served on a pretzel roll with sauerkraut. I likened it to egg rolls on rice dipped in fish-sauce.

If I had to pick though, I'd say mustard on hotdogs. I like both on burgers though.

I would eat everything mentioned in this thread on a hot dog.

I like ketchup on my PORK ROLL! haha not really I just figured I would shake things up a little. I don't really like pork roll but that's its correct name and I only put ketchup on burgers and fry's
Wait whut?

I've seen a few from Belgium eat fries with mayo. Then again, French Fry stands are as big as the "hot dog" stand in NYC.

Yep, same in Holland. Grew up in Amsterdam where almost everyone throws it on their fries and now I passed the habit on to my kids :)

I got the mayo/ketchup french fry thing from my mother's husband, who's from Belgium. At first my wife thought it was disgusting, adding fat to a food that is already covered with grease. Then one day she just started doing it.

Ketchup and mustard are pretty much the same thing except one contains tomato and the other, mustard. Still, the idea of putting mustard on a hamburger or ketchup on a hot dog is utterly repulsive to me. Everyone knows that mustard perfectly enhances the salty enigma that is mystery meat, aka tube steak, but overpowers the more subtle burger. The flavors just don't go. Everyone also knows that the sweetness of ketchup clashes with the taste of a hot dog. 

The only tomato that belongs on a hot dog is the soupy mess they cook the onions in, on the dogs you get on the street.

Everyone knows. So why are we having this discussion?