RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! June 7th at Clinton WMA

speaking of throwers, what do people have, where did they get them, and how much? I'm thinking of buying one like this...

http://www.do-alltraps.com/sportingclays/productinfo/AAB3.html

Thats a nice thrower, especially if you go alone you can launch yourself. Mine I bought at Ramsay outdoors years ago. Its nothing special just your average pull string spring arm thrower.

Thats a nice thrower, especially if you go alone you can launch yourself. Mine I bought at Ramsay outdoors years ago. Its nothing special just your average pull string spring arm thrower.

Yea I'd want to get something I could use solo.

You know, every now and then I run into a forum member while visiting a range or buying/selling items and every time I make it a point to mention these shootouts. I figure since they're close enough to my area, they should be close enough to drive to Clinton. I dont think I've come accross one person who knew about these monthly shootouts at Clinton.

I wonder how many forum member we could gather together if we actually tried to advertise this throughout the site. Just a though...

Hey how much ammo do you guys usually bring? I found a box and another half box of clays in the garage today score, also a .50cal ammo can with a few boxes of target shells and my shell bag I was looking everywhere for.

Hey how much ammo do you guys usually bring? I found a box and another half box of clays in the garage today score, also a .50cal ammo can with a few boxes of target shells and my shell bag I was looking everywhere for.

I bring 50 shells, usually. I'll probably bring a little more, as my nephew will be with me.

And I'll bring a box of clays.

I'm bringing my O/U, we'll see if I shaved enough metal off the internal hammer to push the firing pin out far enough on the bottom barrel. Looked good on a snap cap. I should have primed an empty shell and tried shooting it but I didn't have time. If not I'm bringing my Browning semi also, so I'll have something that works. I have plenty of pumps also a few other semi's. but I'm driving my wrangler and don't feel like packing half my safe. If my 20g wasn't in a pile of pieces I would bring it too. Maybe next month.

Sorry our stay was so short, but it was my fault for not  bringing water to drink.  Lesson learned... :)

My nephew had a great time and he will be back soon. We'll be focused on pistol training for him for a while, but he'll be back.

Thanks to Lalo for the use of the Saiga!

Regards,

HB