Sign in to follow this  
siderman

S&W MP Sport $520 !***GONE***

Plus $18 shipping, plus transfer, plus compliance work.

I'm pretty sure there are local vendors who could match that.

Not trying to criticize posting the deal, just reminding folks that it's worth looking locally first.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong price

I bought one two weeks ago for $539 shipped, which I thought was a great deal. Did this price include shipping?  For civilians who are not going to compete or take extensive training classes with the AR15, the M&P15 sport is a great buy. Never needed a forward assist in Nam and if I do now, that concave indentation is there on the bolt so that you can put your finger on it and push it forward. As far as the dust cover goes, if your house is cleaned regularly, dust will never be a problem for most AR15's kept at home or shot at a range. :) The dust cover opens with your first shot anyway and if you are firing from a prone position in monsoon rains and mud, a dust cover is not going to do you any good. It is only useful when you are not using your rifle and are crawling through mud and sand. Something I never plan on doing as a civilian. Not all of it may be mil-spec but then again, the majority of us will never need mil-spec quality. The M&P has a flat top so for those who want optics, it is very easy to mount and co-witness. I do not need rails on my foregrip as I want to keep my rifle as simple and light as I can. No lights (something that would have gotten me killed in Nam) on my rifle or lasers. I really prefer to be stealthy rather than provide a runway to my position.

Plus $18 shipping, plus transfer, plus compliance work.

I'm pretty sure there are local vendors who could match that.

Not trying to criticize posting the deal, just reminding folks that it's worth looking locally first.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong price

X2 For supporting our local guys/venders JT Custom Guns has this sport for a damn good price, I wish I had the cash.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2982196/nj-rifles-for-sale--smith---wesson-m-p-15-sport--ar----nib

X2 For supporting our local guys/venders JT Custom Guns has this sport for a damn good price, I wish I had the cash.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2982196/nj-rifles-for-sale--smith---wesson-m-p-15-sport--ar----nib

I'm all for supporting local too but I also need to support myself, do the math and there's well over a $100 difference. I have paid more thru local purchases but its more like $20-40. Gotta draw the line somewhere, to each their own.

I'm all for supporting local too but I also need to support myself, do the math and there's well over a $100 difference. I have paid more thru local purchases but its more like $20-40. Gotta draw the line somewhere, to each their own.

I agree with you man I was just pointing out that the local guys/vendors have some decent prices, considering the original vender in this post was sold out.. A $100 difference is no joke.