djg0770

Dick's is coming, again.

Dick's and the 2nd Amendment don't go well together.  I won't be shopping there.

Get off the ban Dick's van wagon already. They stopped selling AR's not all guns and ammo. How is this different from a local dealer that only sells to hunters? Should we boycott them?

I am more pissed at Taurus because they are the reason we have the smart gun law. They were the ONLY company to fund the research into the gun ten years ago.

So let's all keep the Taurus love going on this forum.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

The new Dick's in Wayne opened yesterday.  I stopped by to check it out.  It's quite an impressive store, and much to my surprise, they will have guns and ammo!  Spoke with one of the sales clerks, and he said they had their FFL, but were awaiting approval form the NJ State Police (isn't that a surprise).

So they only accessories there yesterday, but should have the good stuff soon.

Let me say this clearly. If they have 22 ammo for less than 10 cents a round I don't care if they have sales associates in assless chaps.

The store in Paramus regularly has 40 round boxes of American Eage for 2.49, stoped by tonight for some 9's but they were sold out, but had plenty of .22.

They lifted the 3 box limit on everything except .22

Oh, and no Chaps

Get off the ban Dick's van wagon already. They stopped selling AR's not all guns and ammo. How is this different from a local dealer that only sells to hunters? Should we boycott them?

I am more pissed at Taurus because they are the reason we have the smart gun law. They were the ONLY company to fund the research into the gun ten years ago.

So let's all keep the Taurus love going on this forum.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I'm sorry, but this is the most ridiculous logic ever... That's like saying Dianne Feinstein isn't anti-gun because she didn't want to ban all guns, and in fact, wanted to specifically protect several ones used for hunting.

It's your choice, and I don't hassle anyone about it, but I personally no longer set foot in Dick's (nor will I buy a Taurus for the reason which you stated, among others).

If Dicks was so anti 2a they wouldn't be selling guns and ammo like they do. Yes, they screwed Troy. No, they aren't anti 2a.

Dicks sold thousands of those rifles to people, including people that paid for them in full. It was the deal of the century. I know at least one of those people. Then Dicks told them to F off, they couldn't pick up their bought and paid for rifles. Of course, they couldn't find any ARs for under $2K after that because of the panic. Then Dicks sold those same rifles at their wholly owned Field and Stream stores at twice the price.

Not only are they anti, not only did they screw Troy, they violated contracts with thousands of their customers and then sold the rifles at double the price to other people.

I don't know of any company that has screwed firearms owners worse.

I don't know of any company that has screwed firearms owners worse.

Cheaper than Dirt?

And thanks all for the heads up on Taurus. I realize that every company has made some errors, however that is a pretty big one.

C