Fallen Knight

Magazine limit at 15 rounds

If the Gov's Veto is unofficial then it did not happen.  If this was Vetoed it would have been leaked to more then just a NJGF member.

it would be news.

There are to many people from both sides watching this closely for it to be "unofficial".

I have to agree. I can't believe security is so tight in the gov's office that something like this would stay hidden. And, eventually, it has to be reported to the legislative registrar anyway.   Someone would have leaked it by now... especially after CC's appearance on Jimmy Fallon.

The Unions control a lot of voters? I guess that means people cannot think for themselves.  I belong to a union but I vote the way I want no matter who they endorse.

It isn't just the union voters. The real prize is the union dues you pay being spent to help the people you would vote against.

It isn't just the union voters. The real prize is the union dues you pay being spent to help the people you would vote against.

Exactly! I am in a union. They "tell" me to vote Democrat straight down the line. I use my brain and do research on candidates. I am not a union drone. Now, my buddy's wife who is in the NJEA once told me she votes for whomever the union tells her. :(

And for the people who say "don't be in the union", it is not that easy. They take the money out of my pay whether I am in the union or not. The only difference is I get to vote on our contract.

Exactly! I am in a union. They "tell" me to vote Democrat straight down the line. I use my brain and do research on candidates. I am not a union drone. Now, my buddy's wife who is in the NJEA once told me she votes for whomever the union tells her. :(

And for the people who say "don't be in the union", it is not that easy. They take the money out of my pay whether I am in the union or not. The only difference is I get to vote on our contract.

I steadfastly believe that a sure fire way to tell which candidate will screw the citizens over is to look at who the public union are backing.  Those are the people you DONT vote for.

My wife works for NYC and is a member of AFSCME but her local is in NYC. She gets a card from the union telling her to vote for specific democrats for candidates in NJ. They organize and orchestrate this nationally. Oddly enough she gets nothing for the primary. She is a registered Republican though.

Did you tell her she's an idiot?

If I had to guess I'd say 80% of teachers in this state would vote Democrat regardless of who their unions endorsed. Our block is chock full of teachers. Each and every one cannot see beyond their turf -- all liberal robots. 

P.S. my wife is a teacher as well. She says she doesn't always vote D, but I shudder to think of what alternatives might appeal to her. Certainly not pro-gun candidates. 

If I had to guess I'd say 80% of teachers in this state would vote Democrat regardless of who their unions endorsed. Our block is chock full of teachers. Each and every one cannot see beyond their turf -- all liberal robots.

P.S. my wife is a teacher as well. She says she doesn't always vote D, but I shudder to think of what alternatives might appeal to her. Certainly not pro-gun candidates.

Well dems keep the money flowing to public employees. Do you vote to give yourself a pay cut? Of course not. My wife was solid dem until Obama won the primary.

Another night on AtG and no A2006 questions.

I listened to the whole show...interesting that he has strong feelings on taxes, on Sandy relief, on pensions but nothing on liberty

What a waste

He supported AWB in the past and is on record as dancing around the issue of CCW. I would hope that he does something for us to further his political ambitions. No way in hell is any anti candidate winning the GOP primary. I believe that's a big reason why Giuliani lost. Giuliani is responsible for much of the bad gun control NYC has now.

He supported AWB in the past and is on record as dancing around the issue of CCW. I would hope that he does something for us to further his political ambitions. No way in hell is any anti candidate winning the GOP primary. I believe that's a big reason why Giuliani lost. Giuliani is responsible for much of the bad gun control NYC has now.

Like what? My understanding is things haven't changed much since the Sullivan laws of the early 20 Century. Other than levels of enforcement. Sorta like Jersey but later in Jersey.

Like what? My understanding is things haven't changed much since the Sullivan laws of the early 20 Century. Other than levels of enforcement. Sorta like Jersey but later in Jersey.

Trigger lock requirement and a toy gun ban are two things he signed. He also heavily supported NYC style gun control for the entire country but came back later and said he supports CCW as a right (WTF?). Oh and he had the city sue gun manufacturers.

Victory for us today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'm certainly glad our rights weren't further erroded "celebrating" the upholding of already reduced rights doesn't seem appropriate. I'll celebrate when there are no restrictions and I'm not viewed as a criminal for owning an inaminate object that holds "x" number of rounds instead of "y".

A strategy to employ over the next two years is for all gun groups to demand that the NJ Legislature pass the recommendations in his conditional veto message, that way the focus will stay on mental health where it belongs and hopefully the media will do the same. That way, if the legislature does nothing, a republican running as Christie's sucessor can take that same message to the public. The truth of the matter is that his comments in the conditional veto were well thought out. The calling, emailing and faxing, should contiue but now be directed back to the Democratic Majority Office.

A strategy to employ over the next two years is for all gun groups to demand that the NJ Legislature pass the recommendations in his conditional veto message, that way the focus will stay on mental health where it belongs and hopefully the media will do the same. That way, if the legislature does nothing, a republican running as Christie's sucessor can take that same message to the public. The truth of the matter is that his comments in the conditional veto were well thought out. The calling, emailing and faxing, should contiue but now be directed back to the Democratic Majority Office.

As long as it includes a way for those who are committed or seek help voluntarily can get their 2A rights back. I fear a lot of people don't seek help because of the longer term ramifications.

As long as it includes a way for those who are committed or seek help voluntarily can get their 2A rights back. I fear a lot of people don't seek help because of the longer term ramifications.

That, and protection from being "falsely accused" by someone with an axe to grind (i.e. bitter spouse, neighbor, boss you quit, etc. etc. etc.). :(