TheDon

Liberty Tavern Meeting

Some members of the NJ2AS are trying to coordinate a regular series of get-togethers at local taverns to share good food, good beer, and good conversation with like-minded residents of New Jersey. 

We are meeting at the Pic-a-Lilly Inn on Thursday, June 26, 7:00pm. Any member of the NJ Gun Forums is certainly welcome to join us. 

If you want to RSVP, please "Like" the following page on Facebook and respond to the invitation pinned at the top. Or, if you don't like Facebook, you are welcome to just show up, 

10437494_4264796156225_79896982586198420

FJF is not involved with this.  This is a grass-roots effort to build relationships between members who are not officers in the organization.  

Many people (like myself) are not inclined to go somewhere to sit in a folding chair and listen to speakers who preach to the choir.  I'd rather have a beer and talk at a bar.  That is all this is.  

I think the NJ2AS affiliation might turn some away because of FJF. Me for sure.

Not wanting to hijack my own thread, but what did FF do?  All I know is that he was asked to step down as President of the NJ2AS.  

I'd love to see some northern NJ events. The planned Belleville NJ2AS meeting would have been right in my backyard, but of course unfortunate complications arose. I'm talking casual events, such as OP is planning, as well as formal events.

I'd love to see some northern NJ events. The planned Belleville NJ2AS meeting would have been right in my backyard, but of course unfortunate complications arose. I'm talking casual events, such as OP is planning, as well as formal events.

^^^ ditto, I'm not big on driving down the shore to drink then drive all the way back.

^^^ ditto, I'm not big on driving down the shore to drink then drive all the way back.

I get it.  I would not be participating if the situation was reversed.  

We are looking for a coordinator in the North.  If someone wants to take the lead and coordinate something up North, they would have our full support.  

Do a search.  Many of us are done rehashing this topic.

Did a search on "Fiamingo" and went back one year.  No details on any sins.  It is very clear that he is a persona non-grata here in the forums. Please provide a link to the thread that details how many children he raped.  

Seriously, unless he committed some heinous crime, we need to stick together and not fight amongst ourselves.  

Did a search on "Fiamingo" and went back one year. No details on any sins. It is very clear that he is a persona non-grata here in the forums. Please provide a link to the thread that details how many children he raped.

Seriously, unless he committed some heinous crime, we need to stick together and not fight amongst ourselves.

ROTFLMAO! Didn't know Frank became a Boy Scout leader....

All of this shot started because members wanted the NJ2AS to go after concealed carry. We always stated that the NJ2AS would go after the smaller low hanging fruit like the paperwork problems. Which we did and were successful. So much so the the ANJRPC is now and board and started their own Campaign. The NJ2AS does not have the funds to go after carry. We always stated this but certain members decided amongst theirselves to demand we go after carry. I was appalled when I read what was happening. I was one of the founding members and served on the board for a long time putting many hours in. I have since stepped down from the board because of a new job and zero time. I am all for people stepping in and taking over for the NJ2AS. Frank did more for this organization than anyone else involved. Let's not ever forget that. People love to run their mouths but when we ask for volunteers we hear crickets. That is a broad comment. I know some of you who always helped and it is much appreciated. That while debacle made us lose some. Dry important people. I get sick even thinking about it. I can only hope that the ones who wanted change step up and do something now that they got what they wanted. We need to stick together not split ourselves. We could have done so much good on the smaller issues that impact is every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of this shot started because members wanted the NJ2AS to go after concealed carry. We always stated that the NJ2AS would go after the smaller low hanging fruit like the paperwork problems. Which we did and were successful. So much so the the ANJRPC is now and board and started their own Campaign. The NJ2AS does not have the funds to go after carry. We always stated this but certain members decided amongst theirselves to demand we go after carry. I was appalled when I read what was happening. I was one of the founding members and served on the board for a long time putting many hours in. I have since stepped down from the board because of a new job and zero time. I am all for people stepping in and taking over for the NJ2AS. Frank did more for this organization than anyone else involved. Let's not ever forget that. People love to run their mouths but when we ask for volunteers we hear crickets. That is a broad comment. I know some of you who always helped and it is much appreciated. That while debacle made us lose some. Dry important people. I get sick even thinking about it. I can only hope that the ones who wanted change step up and do something now that they got what they wanted. We need to stick together not split ourselves. We could have done so much good on the smaller issues that impact is every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that CCW is probably an unattainable goal, unless it was part of a deal with Sweeney to give him his DL endorsement or 10-round mag limit. But that has never stopped me from supporting those who want to make it a primary issue.  

This sounds like a subject that is best discussed over a beer.  See you the Thursday after next?  ;-)

Lets keep this thread from digressing into a pile of feces.

This guy was just trying to say that a bunch of like minded folks get together for food and drinks and BS about the stuff going on. Its not a NJ2AS event and just happens that some folks met thru the organization and outside of the organization wanna to get together in a relaxed enviroment.

As a former professional scouter who has had to deal with child abuse directly, no, I did not want to giggle at that.

I was never abused in scouts luckily.

Maybe I should change the post to: "I didn't know Frank became a Catholic priest"?

Too soon?

This guy was just trying to say that a bunch of like minded folks get together for food and drinks and BS about the stuff going on. Its not a NJ2AS event and just happens that some folks met thru the organization and outside of the organization wanna to get together in a relaxed enviroment.

Word!  Thank you.  

BTT!!

One week away.  I'm looking forward to next Thursday.  

hey OG,

You comin' down to my neck of the woods for the beer n buffalo wings?

Jon

No I'm laid up w/ serious back injury. I won't be going anywhere for a while.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

OUCH....I heard you were hurtin...i didnt know it was that bad.  Sorry to hear it!