Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Geissele Super Scar trigger - thoughts?

I am looking at getting the super scar trigger and was wondering if any of you have experience with it.  I have SSA triggers in all my ar's and as a consequence I am finding the stock scar trigger somewhat lacking.  Anyone who has had time behind it please chime in.  I would be especially interested to know how it feels compared to an SSA or SSA-E.

Thanks!

I don't have one in my personal SCAR but my FIL does and he loves it. With my limited use of his trigger, I don't think there's as drastic of an improvement over the stock trigger the way there is stepping up to an SSA from a USGI trigger though. It's certainly lighter but the crispness of break isn't night and day like an SSA vs. USGI in an AR15.

Instead of trigger upgrade, I would change the lower out to take pmags.

It's kind of a PITA. Lots of fitting had to be done with mine.

Im pretty sure the gen 3 pmags are good to go with it no? And the gen 2s are ok as long as the feed lips are dremelled a bit.

Negative on the M3s working with the 17 out of the box.

Oops. My bad. I thought you were talking about scar 17.

Just have the 16 right now. How badly I want to punish my checking acct will determine whether I grab the 17 to go with it. Very tempting with the deals for them at $2560.

Eventually I will graduate to the big boys club ;)

I have the G trigger in my 17. It is a SIGNIFICANT difference.

This.  I had a lot of trigger time with the G trigger in my 17, and it is a large improvement over the stock trigger.  Is it expensive? yes.  Is it worth it?  I'd say yes.  IMO it's the single best upgrade to the SCAR line of rifles, followed closely by the Magpul selector set, and then the extended rail (depending on your shooting style).

This. I had a lot of trigger time with the G trigger in my 17, and it is a large improvement over the stock trigger. Is it expensive? yes. Is it worth it? I'd say yes. IMO it's the single best upgrade to the SCAR line of rifles, followed closely by the Magpul selector set, and then the extended rail (depending on your shooting style).

I have the G trigger in my 17. It is a SIGNIFICANT difference.

Thanks guys. I was looking last night and cant find any in stock anywhere atm anyway so its a moot point for now. I already ordered the extended rail for it bc I like to grip closer to the muzzle than the original rail allowed. I will look into the selector set for it.

Thanks guys. I was looking last night and cant find any in stock anywhere atm anyway so its a moot point for now. I already ordered the extended rail for it bc I like to grip closer to the muzzle than the original rail allowed. I will look into the selector set for it.

I've got a couple in stock.

I know this is an old thread but I finally got the scar out to the range with the trigger installed. To me there was a huge difference. My groups are better and it is just way.more enjoyable to shoot.

Maybe I had a grittier trigger than most or maybe Im just used to the Geissele triggers bc they are in all my other rifles but I am super happy with the purchase.